shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage or Contemporary?

Ninaa

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any ideas about the age/style of this bracelet? Any help would be appreciated. :) 1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 8

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No answers? OK, I'll try. Not very helpful photos -- need more light -- but looks like base metal from the '40s or '50s? I could be off by a century.

I can't really tell what is in the center of the bracelet -- if it's a medallion or what.

Last edited:

Ninaa

Rough_Rock
Hey Alex, thanks for your reply! I took some more pictures today that are a little more clear. The part in the middle is some kind of black gemstone or imitation gemstone. It has a little bit of weight to it and cold to the touch so it's not plastic or resin but other than that I'm not sure. Onyx2.jpg

Attachments

• Onyx3.jpg
    Onyx3.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 4

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I see. Your photos are titled "onyx"; I had thought it was a dark reflection off shiny metal but it's a dark something. The "make" at the free ends of the bracelet and of the "clasp" looks clumsy, for lack of a better word, so I infer it's base metal. And if it's base metal, then the stone is almost certainly of little to no value. (But no one can say with certainty from photos.)

Ninaa

Rough_Rock
Yeah I had taken a lot of photos of other pieces that day also and just wanted to help myself identify it (color vs stone type), Sorting through what I wanted to keep or part with. I don't imagine it's anything fancy/costume jewelry. I had planned to keep this one since I loved the design (even though it's a bit crude construction that's part of the appeal for me). The design was really neat and hoping to find out more about it. Sadly it's too big for my wrist and the top constantly slides off center. :(

Eclectic

Rough_Rock
I know the answer to this one! Only because my father brought me back one similar in the early 90s from Peru. I will try to upload a picture of mine. Most likely they were all made from nickel silver (contains no real silver). I don't know if they were just mainly sold to tourists or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results