shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Marquise Ring

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this ring online and can't decide whether it's pretty or ugly :lol: I am drawn to it so I guess I think it's pretty lol :read:Description says it's from the 1970's. It's also more inexpensive than other rings on the site, which makes me think there's also something wrong with it. Seller does mention one diamond is chipped but it's not visable to the naked eye. Not even really sure what I'm asking, I guess I'm just interested in hearing peoples' thoughts about it. I know this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. The price seems good to me...inexpensive for jewelry, but still a decent chunk of change imo.

Seller says marquise is .20 points and diamonds are 3 points each. 14 carat gold. The diamonds look a little bigger to me but it might be the metal. Looks like it would have good hand presence.

Again, this just caught my eye for some reason and I'm just interested in hearing others' thoughts!
37409DAC-79CE-4B97-8CD6-7E833B35AC81.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the design of it, for a marquise it doesn't look dated (to me) and the diamonds around the center have a nice flow to them.

The only thing, is the marquise darker than the rounds? Could just be bad picture but it looks noticeably darker than the outside stones.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a super quick Etsy search to see if I could find anything like the diamond cluster and no real luck but I did find this if you want to start a collection :kiss2:

It's opal and rubies from the 1930's, I'm not usually an opal girl but .....dang she fine.

IMG_0273.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I like Marquise diamonds @junebug17 :P2 Me like :mrgreen2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s gorgeous. I would want to see other pictures to see that centre MQ sparkle though. It does look darker than its side stones..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a pretty ring. If the price is right and you like it, why not!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s very pretty and not 80s-dated, the curvy prongs are graceful and beautiful. The diamonds are small so maybe that’s why it’s less expensive? What is the tcw?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, especially the curved prongs, graceful and not gaudy.

DK :))

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it’s pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies!

@StephanieLynn, thanks for your thoughts...yeah, the center stone does look a little dark in a few pics, or a bit tinted. Seller says center stone is an I but I dunno about that. The opal ring is really pretty!

@Austina, what I REALLY want is a ring like yours!:lol: I love marquise stones too, and this seems like an affordable way to get one.

@foxinsox, the other pictures are similar shots, the diamond doesn't look as dark in a few, so hard to tell from the pics. Thanks for responding.

@Diamond_Dana, yes, I do like it and I just might go for it - Christmas is coming up lol!

@peacechick, I thought the same thing, doesn't look that dated to me. the carat weight is low, the marquise is .20 and the melee is .30 so only .50 total. It looks substantial in the pics but there's also a lot of metal. It might be more delicate looking in person, which would be ok with me. And the seller did mention one of the diamonds was chipped, so that might be a factor too.

@dk168, thanks for commenting...yeah, I was going back and forth deciding if this was gaudy or not! I really like it though. Wish there was a pic of it on the hand.

@eapj, it caught my eye right away...been looking on and off for a marquise ring. Thanks for replying.

Thanks guys! Hopefully a few more people will chime in, it's fun to hear peoples' thoughts.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know if they have a solid return policy I say buy it and see what you think in person. My recent acquisition did not look great in photos but is much better in person.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this ring online and can't decide whether it's pretty or ugly :lol: I am drawn to it so I guess I think it's pretty lol :read:Description says it's from the 1970's. It's also more inexpensive than other rings on the site, which makes me think there's also something wrong with it. Seller does mention one diamond is chipped but it's not visable to the naked eye. Not even really sure what I'm asking, I guess I'm just interested in hearing peoples' thoughts about it. I know this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. The price seems good to me...inexpensive for jewelry, but still a decent chunk of change imo.

Seller says marquise is .20 points and diamonds are 3 points each. 14 carat gold. The diamonds look a little bigger to me but it might be the metal. Looks like it would have good hand presence.

Again, this just caught my eye for some reason and I'm just interested in hearing others' thoughts!
37409DAC-79CE-4B97-8CD6-7E833B35AC81.jpeg
I really like it. I don't think it looks dated and I think it would be worth seeing in person, if you're really drawn to it and if the seller has a solid return policy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you make a decision about the ring @junebug17 ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Junie! Just seeing this now. I love it. Need more photos but love the one you shared. Also what are the mm measurements? IMO the ring is not gaudy. It has pizzazz. :love:
Need some real life photos to evaluate better but it looks very pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, no, still going back and forth, not totally sure about it.

Thanks @missy! I'll post a few more pics, they look similar to this though...and the seller didn't give any measurements unfortunately. I might email the seller for them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's pretty and definitely worth a look since you can return it if you don't like it. I love marquis shaped stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked up diamond sizes and I am guessing overall the ring would be about 10 x 5 mm or 11 x 6 mm. IRL I would bet the marquis is the same color as the rounds; maybe just the difference in shape (cut) may be why it appears darker.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, yep, I agree with your numbers, this ring has decent finger coverage for the size of the stones imo. Thanks for weighing in! Yesterday I was thinking no and today I'm thinking yes lol!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love to see a video showing how it performs. I too love a beautiful Marquise diamond. Ooh it has potential Junie!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5BB6CB3B-8421-43A7-BE00-6352E5FA4450.jpeg 547DFF95-50A7-4BD8-AD54-972F1DCB7160.jpeg Thanks @missy, a few more pics at different angles. Still mulling it over...it's inexpensive, at least in the world of jewelry lol, tempted to just order it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5BB6CB3B-8421-43A7-BE00-6352E5FA4450.jpeg 547DFF95-50A7-4BD8-AD54-972F1DCB7160.jpeg Thanks @missy, a few more pics at different angles. Still mulling it over...it's inexpensive, at least in the world of jewelry lol, tempted to just order it.

I think it has potential @junebug17 and if the return policy is OK I say go for it if you think you will wear it. Looks so pretty and different too. I like it.:love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it has potential @junebug17 and if the return policy is OK I say go for it if you think you will wear it. Looks so pretty and different too. I like it.:love:

What Missy said. I like it.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it's pretty! I say give it a go if you can return it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how the diamonds are set so low- giving the ring a very fluid and graceful look.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 did you end up purchasing this ring? LOL I need new bling and am counting on you:whistle::love::lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL @missy! :D I keep hemming and hawing over this! Just can’t seem to make up my mind :doh:

Haha I know the feeling dear Junie. I know the feeling all too well.:oops2:

No rush because while it is a pretty ring it isn't a one of a kind so if you decide to pass and in the future decide uh oh I want one like this I am sure you will be able to find one or have one made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results