shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage 18ct gold earrings. How much they are worth?

Alexf

Rough_Rock
earrings.jpg
How much they are worth? Diameter is 18mm

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re worth however much someone will pay for them.

What steps have you taken to answer your own question and what were the outcome(s)?
Coming on here having done no homework of your own is unlikely to yield anything but crickets...

Alexf

Rough_Rock

What steps have you taken to answer your own question and what were the outcome(s)?

Coming on here having done no homework of your own is unlikely to yield anything but crickets...
Hi yssie, thanks for your reply. I have tried to do some searches on the web but couldn't find any info.

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really now.
Post what you attempted in your searches.
In detail.
We will help you refine your methods and criteria.
We will not do your searching for you.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are very pretty, great holiday earrings!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Weight? Hallmarks? Photo of backs and any hallmarks? Provenance?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Alexf -

These are what I would call a fairly dated style, so I'm not sure how successful you'd be at reselling them, if that's what you have in mind. At the very worst, you'd be able to sell them for scrap, but I'm sure you're after more than that for them.

I would suggest ebay, Loupetroop.com or DiamondBistro.com as a means of testing the water to see how much you might get for them. My very strong guess - and it's only a guess - is below $200. I'd try listing them for that, then drop the price till you drum up some interest.

Good luck!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, the style is outdated and not to everyone’s taste.
The best way to establish value is to weigh them and use the silverrecyclers .com website to calculate their current melt value.
Note that the value given will be full value on current gold price, depending on where you go you can expect between 50% and 90% of this value. It’s the pawnbrokers who give you around 50% so don’t go there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results