shape
carat
color
clarity

View of Diamond from the Side

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrNiceGuy

Rough_Rock
Quick questions for all you gurus. Sorry if this is a repost. I did a search on past topics and didn''t find anything that matched my question.

I recently purchased a Super Ideal AGS0 G VS1 1.5 Round Brilliant Diamond. It looks amazing when you look at the diamond face up. Sparkles like crazy...which is very nice. However, when I look at the diamond from the side, the pavilion seems dull/hazy. There are no visible inclusions and I made sure to clean the diamond with the cleaner that they provided. I compared it to another diamond with a lower color rating and the lower diamond looks clearer. Am I being too anal, or is this something that I should worry about. What additional tests can I perform to verify?

Thanks for all your help guys!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mng
35.gif
welcome to ps!

what are the inclusions in your diamond? are there any other notations on the report?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it mounted or loose?

MrNiceGuy

Rough_Rock
I see a few things in the report, but I don''t think those should affect what I am seeing. I ahve included the AGS Certificate.

ci_AGS-6809007.gif

MrNiceGuy

Rough_Rock
The diamond is mounted on a White Gold setting. We will pick out her new setting later.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
VS1 should not be cloudy at all. I''m guessing this has to do with the cleaner you use.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 5:37:59 PM
Author: ChooChoo
VS1 should not be cloudy at all. I''m guessing this has to do with the cleaner you use.
agreed. have you given the diamond a good brushing? or a nice little bath in the ultrasonic?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone should be absolutely beautiful. Maybe the cleaning solution you're using may be leaving a film of some kind. Such a stone deserves the best cleaner. I bought a Jewel Jet for my diamond. It's a home steamer and it really cleans my ring as nicely as when my jeweler steams it clean. Believe me after steaming my pet rock, it's completely clear from a side view. With your stone's pedigree it should be completely clear too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it probably needs a good cleaning. Can you post a pic of it??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all else fails, take it to a jeweler for a steam cleaning. What are you using to clean it with now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results