shape
carat
color
clarity

vietnamese ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spinel

Shiny_Rock
I am pleased to share with you some photos of my vietnamese rubies.
Native cut from Luc Yen region, 1.58ct.

R2N1H16-1C58.jpg

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Native cut from Quy Chau region, 2.01ct.

R1N1H37-2C01.jpg

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty spinel!

Did you find that one cut, or was it from rough and you had it cut?

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Those rubies were already cut when I bought them. Cut rubies from my roughs, next time perhaps. Red vietnamese ruby is as red as red ruby from elsewhere, same remark for pink red or pink.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just beautiful, even with native cuts!

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Recut sapphire from Luc Yen Region.

Mvc-111f.jpg

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
What sizes (500 points = 5 carats = 1 gm.) are we looking at?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/23/2004 3:51:47 PM spinel wrote:

Elmo, are you there? I posted the photos expressly for you.
----------------
Spinel - thanks. I sure wish someone would start bringing stones like these into the states to sell.

I have a question for you...does the Luc Yen red spinel you see fluoresce under long wave UV? Burma stones often do, but someone told me that Vietnamese material they've seen does not. I'm sure the ruby does
1.gif
but what about the spinel?

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Cave Keeper, the sapphire is a 8.15ct stone, unheated, very clear and beautiful, much more beautiful than in the photo. Photographing rubies is easier than photographing sapphires, it is hard to have the sapphire show all the 'fire'. I have to learn more. If you folks know how to photograph sapphires I am glad to hear from you. High quality sapphire is rare find in Vietnam. Most sapphires are of poor-to-commercial quality and are found in the central south region (Phan-Thiet, Dac-lac) about 500km north of Saigon.

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi elmo, I am right here in the states to promote vietnamese ruby thru well-established jewelers. I dont do direct selling. Hopefully the moderator will not punish me for saying this. I spend most of the time between the source, the cutter, the lab and the jeweler. For the fluorescence of spinel, I dont know, my rubies are lab certified but none of any spinel (because of their low value). I will verify it for you. All my ruby reports show zero fluorescence. Regards.

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
What about the sizes (or, size) of the rubies (or, ruby)?

spinel

Shiny_Rock
I edited my post and added the size to the ruby photos.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Hitting AZ on your trip to the US?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 10:09:41 AM spinel wrote:

All my ruby reports show zero fluorescence.
----------------

I'm not sure why the major labs don't indicate fluorescence on color reports. AGL reports have such a tremendous amount of detail otherwise and still don't note it. So when you're checking out the spinels, have a look at the rubies too
1.gif
. I've never knowingly seen a Vietnamese ruby in person, but very strong red fluorescence is what is supposed to make the best Vietnamese rubies potentially as good as anything from Burma to paraphrase Dick Hughes, and why Richard Wise calls them all "Burma-type" in his book.

I'm shopping for a killer pair of red spinel (4-5 cttw), and am curious what pricing might end up being on equivalently nice Luc Yen ruby, and what might be the discount if any relative to fine heated Burma stones of that size.

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Scott, I plan to pass by scottsdale, AZ next october to see a cutter there (Ivan). It will be a pleasure to see you then.

Elmo, it is hard to say unless I know exactly the grade of the ruby you are looking for. I dont think vietnamese ruby is cheaper than burmese, all depends on the beauty of the stone. For an idea, a fine 2-carat ruby might cost from 4,200 to 7,200 a carat. Extra-fine of the same size: 7,200 to 15,200 a carat. It is very rare to see fine rubys and it is more rare to see extra-fines. You realize it more when you work from rough. Again all this for informative purpose, dont expect me selling any stone. spinel.

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Small 0.60-1.10ct pinkish red rubies harvested from LucYen in my last trip. Clear and pure red spinels were very hard to find but I succeed to have some, wait for cutting.

MVC-007S.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results