shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera worth it for simple solitaire?

stizzi

Rough_Rock
I just came back from looking at loose diamonds and was advised that going to Victor Canera for a simple Tiffany or Cartier like 4 prong platinum setting is not very wise, and that the high price can be better spent on a larger diamond since the setting is so simple and can be done elsewhere for much cheaper ($1200ish). I was advised that Victor Canera should be consider for more sophisticated pave or three stone type settings, but not something simple like a solitaire.

I wanted to get people's thoughts on this, thanks! This is for a cushion cut 1.8ct size ring.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just changed from a halo setting to a sleek solitaire. If you are going the solitaire route, I would want it to be perfect.

I can honestly say that my solitaire from Caysie Van Bebber (CVB/LAD) is perfection... and it was very fairly priced when you compare to the Vatche U-113 (which runs about $1700-2200, depending on the size of the stone and vendor). You can also make changes to any of her designs or even have her create a new one for you... I strongly urge you to consider CVB for a solitaire. I am over the moon over mine! :love:

Here is the link to my experience with Caysie and Erica (CVB/LAD):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dream-solitaire-from-cvb-lad.223818/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dream-solitaire-from-cvb-lad.223818/[/URL]

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... my 2 cents:
If you want a handforged solitaire, i would go for Victor Canera.

I would go cad/cast if this is a temp setting / not a forever setting, and the likelihood is high that you will upgrade the diamond sooner than later.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a Tiffany repro, then I'd have LAD/CVB make you one just like msop's!

For other classic styles, I do love Victor's!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the cost difference. It might be if the price difference is not very much. I'd pay 400 or so more for Victor.

stizzi

Rough_Rock
Thanks, VC it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stizzi|1469387733|4058853 said:
Thanks, VC it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think you wil be pleased. I've had two projects with him. So pleasant and his work is completed on time and is flawless. I would work with him again if only I had more bling money! :naughty: :$$):

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a platinum 6 prong Gabriella setting from Victor several diamond upgrades ago--it was superbly made! I look forward to seeing the final result of your ring project! :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both his pave and his solitaires, for a ring that you wear all the time, particularly an Engagement ring, I personally think its well worth the money.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will pleased with the ring. He has such a great eye for proportions. I have worked with him 4 times and I love his pave work as well as his solitaires.
Looking forward to see the result :appl:

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
I would say that it is worth it if you are not going to upgrade anytime soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results