shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Jocelyn Scalloped - CAD Images Help

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks to this forum, especially DS2006 and Gypsy, I've found my perfect stone. I'm now in the process to finalise the design and move on to production.

The ring I'd like to replicate is a design from Victor Canera, Jocelyn with Scalloped basket. The jeweler has returned with several CAD images which I'd really appreciate your comments on what needs to be changed / altered.

justin_vu-sid-rb-6_4.jpg justin_vu-sid-rb-6_3.jpg justin_vu-sid-rb-6_2.jpg justin_vu-sid-rb-6_1.jpg justin_vu-sid-rb-6_0.jpg justin_vu-sid-rb-6.jpg

This is the original design https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/the-jocelyn-with-scalloped-basket

The only change I've made so far is single prong instead of double prongs (because my stone is only 1.1ct compared to the original 2.54ct). Because of the single prongs, I've also asked the jeweler to have pave melee on the prongs, from bottom all the way to the top.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Melee on the prongs is going to make them very prominent. Not a look most people want. I would remove those and ask for delicate prongs.

Also the basket is too tall and needs to be lowered. Look at the way the stones sit in the settings at VC, Steven (Steven has a very similar setting as well, just not bright cut) Kirsch.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big is the centre diamond? If you want prongs with diamonds set into them I personally think you need a fair sized stone to make it work, otherwise the prongs swamp the diamond and that is what draws your eye rather than the actual diamond,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results