shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Emilya with or w/o flush fit stems?

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
After some lurking and a few questions, I have found I am really leaning to the Victor Canera Emilya with a RB- esp. after seeing Frankie's ring! I think I would prefer a flush WB, and I see on the website that he offers an Emilya to make that happen.

My question is, from the pics on line, at least, it looks like there is more "airspace" for lack of a better term, under the stone above the donut in the regular Emilya then there would be between the stone and the band on the flush fit version? Is this the case or is it just the angle of the picture? Would there be a reason for the difference? I like what appears to be the extra height on the regular one, but I think the flush fit would be better for me. Please help me understand if there is really a difference other than the donut.

If anyone has the flush fit version, please post your pics! Thanks!

http://www.victorcanera.com/the-emilya-halo-solitaire-1.html
http://www.victorcanera.com/the-emlya-with-flush-fitting-stems.html

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am sure the flush fit version could be made with some extra height.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Ok, thanks, I just wasn't sure if my eyes were looking at it right, it seemed the extra height on the standard one added something to the design, if that makes sense.

Does anyone think one is better than the other for any reason other than preference and of course, the flush wb?

I was thinking maybe less delicate w/o those diamonds on a donut and I suppose a very neglible price difference?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just express to victor exactly what you want...

RachRach

Rough_Rock
I have been wondering the same thing, Phdecorate. I personally have been looking at the same Victor Canera Emilya Halo e-rings because I love the donut look, but then again I prefer to have my wedding band flush with the e-ring. I can't seem to find any pictures of the Emilya Halo with flush stems and was hoping there would be some on this post to help sway my decision! Have you had any luck?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer a very slight gap so that you can see that there is a separate wedding band and not one wide band. So I would do the orginal Emilya but without the diamonds on the doughnut, because those will scratch the wedding band.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
RachelThillen|1334718027|3173912 said:
I have been wondering the same thing, Phdecorate. I personally have been looking at the same Victor Canera Emilya Halo e-rings because I love the donut look, but then again I prefer to have my wedding band flush with the e-ring. I can't seem to find any pictures of the Emilya Halo with flush stems and was hoping there would be some on this post to help sway my decision! Have you had any luck?

Rachel,
I have not seen any, however, do check out Mom2boy's post just above. Her ring gave me an excellent idea of what the ring would look like without a donut. She just has an extra band. It did make me confident enough to not really worry about it. I really prefer a flush fitting WB, so the donut is not a good option for me, even without diamonds.

We are narrowing down some stones so hopefully I will soon be ordering from VC. I have not gotten my quote yet but I have gotten enough info here to guess that the time frame will probably be at least 6 to 8 weeks. Not sure if you are definitely wanting the VC halo or it just a possibility, but depending on your time line, i will post my ring pics. Of course, still have to finalize the stone, get the ring ordered and then.....WAIT for the proposal :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: so not sure this helps you.....

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
Phdecorate|1334869700|3175447 said:

Rachel,
I have not seen any, however, do check out Mom2boy's post just above. Her ring gave me an excellent idea of what the ring would look like without a donut. She just has an extra band. It did make me confident enough to not really worry about it. I really prefer a flush fitting WB, so the donut is not a good option for me, even without diamonds.

We are narrowing down some stones so hopefully I will soon be ordering from VC. I have not gotten my quote yet but I have gotten enough info here to guess that the time frame will probably be at least 6 to 8 weeks. Not sure if you are definitely wanting the VC halo or it just a possibility, but depending on your time line, i will post my ring pics. Of course, still have to finalize the stone, get the ring ordered and then.....WAIT for the proposal :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: so not sure this helps you.....

Guess I am not the only one wondering the same thing! Makes me feel better that it's not just my nit-picky eyes that are seeing the difference. I asked if he had more photos or videos, but he currently doesn't. Phdecorate, that is so exciting that you are nearing the final steps! Please keep us updated so we can see how it all comes together :naughty:

Mom2boy, your post definitely helps me see a better idea of what the profile will look like! Thank you so much for sharing. You have 2 beautiful rings!!!

I may be wrong on this, but i think part of the difference is that the flush fit stems are at a wider angle (or it appears so). I am assuming this is so thay they can spread as far as needed to hold the halo? The classic Emilya looks like the stems are a little more upright, though still ever so elegantly curved :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: I also noticed there are 4 little melee stones on the flush fit, while only 3 on the classic... makes me really think part of the visual difference is how long the stems are and their angle... I am wondering if the flush fit stems can be set a little more upright. Do you think that might help the "airspace" and in my opinion original beauty of the design?

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
BubblesnFun|1335941443|3185502 said:
Phdecorate|1334869700|3175447 said:

Rachel,

Guess I am not the only one wondering the same thing! Makes me feel better that it's not just my nit-picky eyes that are seeing the difference. I asked if he had more photos or videos, but he currently doesn't. Phdecorate, that is so exciting that you are nearing the final steps! Please keep us updated so we can see how it all comes together :naughty:

Mom2boy, your post definitely helps me see a better idea of what the profile will look like! Thank you so much for sharing. You have 2 beautiful rings!!!

I may be wrong on this, but i think part of the difference is that the flush fit stems are at a wider angle (or it appears so). I am assuming this is so thay they can spread as far as needed to hold the halo? The classic Emilya looks like the stems are a little more upright, though still ever so elegantly curved :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: I also noticed there are 4 little melee stones on the flush fit, while only 3 on the classic... makes me really think part of the visual difference is how long the stems are and their angle... I am wondering if the flush fit stems can be set a little more upright. Do you think that might help the "airspace" and in my opinion original beauty of the design?

I *think* the difference is that there are still 4 stones on the classic stem, it is just the last stone is on the donut. Since the flush fit has no donut, the stems need to come to a point on top of the shank, instead of right next to the shank. So the flush fit stems are angled a little bit more over less of a height difference.

I will ask VC and double check if the height will be the same. We have just been emailing regarding some details. I had told him that I wanted my ring to look exactly like Frankie's except for the donut, in that I wanted the same halo degree tilt, same proportions, same height, etc....

Also, as an FYI, if you look at the Emilya with the outward stems on his website, notice too that that shank is different. It is flat versus curved. I am also getting the matching WB made and I was thinking of having it so that SO could have a message engraved. VC said I would have to go with the flat band so I opted against that.

It is most important for me that I can have the flush fit band so removing the donut is necessary for me. I am going to trust that VC will make the ring's proportions look best within those guidelines.

Are you planning to order one soon or just in the thought stages?

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
We are definitely still in the planning stages, but are very serious about this design by him. If we are able to make it work I would LOVE to have a Victor Canera custom ring! :love: Very good point about the shanks being different. I really like the rounded shank, so thank you for pointing that out. I knew something was off, but I was thinking it was a different type of pave- Silly me :knockout:

I am with you on the importance of the WB sitting flush, just how I prefer it :) I have yet to see anything done by Victor that I am not impressed with. I am sure he will proportion everything flawlessly for you!!

RachRach

Rough_Rock
That does help Phdecorate, please keep us posted when you get pictures!!! Also, Victor was able to get back to me with a photo of the flush stems. He said it was from one of his past customers.

photo.PNG

RachRach

Rough_Rock
Phdecorate, I meant to add that my SO likes the Emilya WITH the donut, and since I am still on the fence, I will be asking Victor what the options are for possibly making a WB that curves slightly around the donut, so when looking down on the e-ring it still looks flush. I wasn't sure if you had explored this option with him? I too would want the same specifications as Frankie's ring, so would loveee to see pictures of your finished product! :love:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the donut! Without pave on it... and a spacer. :) I asked him when I was doing my search if he could make a custom spacer that would technically allow the WB to sit flush, but he never really gave me a definitive answer.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
RachelThillen|1336441369|3189703 said:
Phdecorate, I meant to add that my SO likes the Emilya WITH the donut, and since I am still on the fence, I will be asking Victor what the options are for possibly making a WB that curves slightly around the donut, so when looking down on the e-ring it still looks flush. I wasn't sure if you had explored this option with him? I too would want the same specifications as Frankie's ring, so would loveee to see pictures of your finished product! :love:

Personally, I would not want a WB that curves because it would not look right on its own if I ever needed to wear just the band (ie golfing maybe or even if I one day moved the ering to my right hand and got another ring that could stack with the WB).

But I am someone who really likes the WB completely flush (or with that 1mm spacer that everyone recommends). Did you see the you tube video of Frankie's ring? Really, her WB comes THIS CLOSE to touching, there is just a tiny gap. Maybe you would be ok with it after all? Sorry I can't post the link from this computer (my company blocks you tube) but just search Victor Canera and her video comes up under that and is called "my 3.3 ct."

BTW, thanks for posting that pic. He sent it to me too, and I tried to post it for you the other day, but I kept getting an error message and reloading an old picture. Not sure why that was.... :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results