shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera Braided Shank Pave Solitaire

bythebay

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

First of all, thanks to all who contribute to this forum. My journey for an engagement ring has finally come to fruition after many months of reading everyone's opinions, recommendations, etc. Some background information follow but you can just skip this part and head on to the pictures if you want. =)

After 6 years of being with the girlfriend, it was about time to propose. I asked her to look around for a setting she would like and she came upon one which she deemed her "dream ring." And of course, I cannot sway to far from that design and ruin her dreams. The basic design of a braided shank was the most important aspect, as to her, it conveys the unity of two individuals. There were some things that she didn't like about the original design but she was adamant about playing no other part in the final design. So off I go to look for a custom setting. All the vendors whom I inquired with were all very helpful (so don't be afraid to ask!) but in the end, I decided to go with someone who does handforged since I believe it was the best way to replicate such a complex design with very small details that were equally as important as the big details. And with all the recommendations for Victor, I had to put in an inquiry to him. Let me tell you, this guy is GREAT. From his knowledge to his demeanor, Victor was a pleasure to detail with every step of the way. I felt like I was bombarding him with questions and little things (over 70 emails before we started!) but each time he was very professional and courteous. In the end, the ring came out better than I had ever expected. Victor is truly an artist and master of his craft.

And finally, here are the pictures. This is my first time actually picking up a camera to take pictures for myself so please excuse the poor quality. Trust me, they do not do the actual ring any justice.

img_9450.jpg

img_9455.jpg

img_9468.jpg

img_1380.jpg

bythebay

Rough_Rock
And three more

img_1382.jpg

img_9489.jpg

img_9493.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! Congratulations (and excellent idea to use VC for this project).

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very intricate and exquisite design! I have several pieces made by VC and I have been very happy w/ the quality/workmanship!

Good luck w/ your proposal! Come back w/ handshots!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The diamond braid is so fluid and graceful, and I love the basket complete with diamonds on the cross bar - just beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful!! Really lovely design and amazing workmanship, it's very special!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's a beauty!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh I think it's just GOR-GE-OUS!!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :love: ...simply stunning! Congratulations. Pics look good - keep them coming!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Victor did an excellent job as always!! I really like her reasoning for wanting the 2 strands twisted together. Those claw prongs are just oh so perfect. Best of luck to the both of you!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, its stunning! Very well done! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY pretty!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful ring!!! I am positive she will be over the moon. Oh my gosh, who wouldn't, it's stunning!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous design and stunning prongs!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to both of you, it's just gorgeous!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really beautiful -- love the claw prongs!! :love: Congratulations!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's incredible, I also love the braided shank sentiment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's just beautiful!!! :love: Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is beautiful, I love the braided shank :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
INcredible!! so unique and fluid and graceful and 'flowy'!!! Its a beautiful work of art!! Delicate pave, that's for sure! Fantastic ring - I am looking forward to seeing hand shots!!

Well done, bythebay!! :appl:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
It's spectacular!! Congratulations on designing such a beautiful ring for your bride-to-be. I love the braided shank, it's so delicate, and I imagine a challenging feat for a jeweler to pave, so good choice with VC!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING :o . Boy are YOU a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and extremely well done! :love:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Your girlfriend will be over the moon with what you've done with her suggestions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning! cant wait for handshots

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So delicate and lovely! :love: :love: :love:

bythebay

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. It makes it that much more special to have the PS approval :D

Unfortunately, handshots will have to wait since she won't be getting it for another couple of months :|

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results