Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Old Ring

voiceofreason__

Rough_Rock
This ring, I’ve had for many years. I got it from an older relative. If I can estimate, it’s probably around 30-50 years old. Can anybody identify it?

Attachments

Roselina

Rough_Rock
The setting looks like an art deco setting. However, I can’t tell from the pictures, are the diamonds old cut as well or rather modern round brilliants? I so, it’s either a reproduction of a art deco setting or an original setting with replaced diamonds. Are there marks on the inside of the setting?

PreRaphaelite

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a reproduction deco piece. Can you share some zoomed-in pictures of the largest stones, please?

You might also want to delete the other post duplicating this one.

voiceofreason__

Rough_Rock
The setting looks like an art deco setting. However, I can’t tell from the pictures, are the diamonds old cut as well or rather modern round brilliants? I so, it’s either a reproduction of a art deco setting or an original setting with replaced diamonds. Are there marks on the inside of the setting?
It looks like it might be a round brilliant. And there’s no indistinguishable marks on the inside.

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Its really beautiful and sparkly
Your aunt or who ever must have been very fond of you to give it to you

I hope now its resurfaced you'll take the old girl out a bit more
Although as im possibly as old as that ring
its not that old ;)2

Really really old for me is something Victorian or even Gorgian

But i can tell you one thing, it would like to be taken out to lunch to meet your girlfriends on occasion and not be left languishing in a drawer

Enjoy =)2

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.