shape
carat
color
clarity

Very first post, showing off my spankin'' new X-Factor!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I have been lurking the forums for quite a while now, gathering all kinds of wonderful, extremely useful information for my upgrade. This is my first actual post, and the deed is done! Background: DH and I have been married for almost 12 years, and I''ve had a very inexpensive Gordon''s Jewelers set the entire time. DH recently sold his dirt bike and told me he wanted me to use the money to get myself a new ring! My budget was miniscule compared to what most of you here seem to have, but for me, considering what I have had the past 12 years, it was a dream! After going to the mall to see about trading in my old ring, I came home to do some research because I just didn''t feel that the rings they had were worth the prices they were charging. Turns out I was right!! ;-) But you guys already knew that.

Anyway, I knew I did not want a RB (I''m not a RB type of girl, and yes, I did enough research to know I sacrificed some sparkle because of that choice), and I knew I did want platinum. I don''t like YG on myself and I don''t like the maintenance on WG, plus I love the patina platinum takes on, so it was pretty simple for me to choose platinum. Although that did eat into my overall budget a bit! I decided to go with Whiteflash because I liked their selection and reviews here on the boards. Also that X-Factor was such a nice compromise on the typical princess. I love it! Big props to Sheerah at WF for suggesting it to me.

And I have you guys to thank for being able to get such a great ring on such a limited budget (well, and Whiteflash, of course, too!).

Attached is the final product....hopefully it shows up ok!

Renae

renaering.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!! I am so happy for you!! Isn''t Sheerah great to work with? Your ring looks so expensive and beautiful. You probably already can guess this but EVERYONE is going to want hand shots ASAP!!! :) Congratulations!

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Handshots....yeah, I have a couple, but I was hesitant to post any since it's been so difficult for me to capture the sparkle with my shaky camera hand and therefore the shots I've taken really don't do it justice at all! Anyway, here's a try.....

renaehandshot2.JPG

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Well, I tried to edit to add the all-important stone specs, but it didn''t work, so here they are!

.706 ct J SI1 X-factor

. Report: AGS
. Shape: X-Factor
. Carat: 0.706
. Depth %: 72.3
. Table %: 69.7
. Crown Angle: 39.8
. Crown %: 14.3
. Pavilion Angle: 54.9
. Pavilion %: 56
. Girdle: Ext Thin to Vry Thk
. Measurements: 5.01-4.96X3.59
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

ASET image attached....

AST_AGS-7514808.jpg

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That looks GREAT on your hand. You did good!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Love the ring pics! It looks perfectly proportioned with your hand!!
36.gif

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Thanks! You''re creating a monster...more pics, ha!

Here it is with a plain channel-set plat band I picked up for a song on clearance....doesn''t really match, but I have to save up for the matching flush-fit diamond band from WF, so this will work in the meantime. It''s "close enough" for me for now!

renaehandset.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, I am a princess kinda girl as well
36.gif

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your upgrade - it is beautiful. What a thoughtful and generous hubby you have.

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 5:32:46 PM
Author: MMMD
Congratulations on your upgrade - it is beautiful. What a thoughtful and generous hubby you have.

Thanks, and yes, you''re so right about my DH! I don''t want to overshadow what a wonderful guy he is by my excitement over the new ring. He is fantastic, and so sweet to do this for me. His original plan was to get another motorcycle with the money, but he knew I''d always hoped for an upgrade and decided it was high time I got one. It was a total surprise when he told me. He let me pick the actual ring, though, because he knows how picky I am. ;-) What a great guy, I''m so lucky to have him!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
You got yourself a keeper that''s for sure!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
another great job from WF! Congrats renaeb21, and welcome to ps
35.gif
I hope you enjoy your new sparkler

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
I''m so embarrassed. I just finished cleaning my rings, and I had no idea how dirty they had gotten! I also hadn''t realized how much of a difference it makes sparkle-wise when the ring is clean. Yeah, I know, duh! Those pictures are horrible--the rings are filthy in them! I need to take some new ones to post of the rings all shiny and clean. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think it''s beautiful even if it is dirty! I think the x-factor is a great choice! The setting is beautiful, too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely and looks great on your hand!!! Congrats!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations! And Sheerah is great-she''s my sales rep there!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and looks great on your hand!!
36.gif

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
OK, the dirty thing was really bothering me, so I took some more photos. No sunlight available now, of course, but these are still way better than the others, now that she''s all cleaned up.

renaehandsew1.JPG

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Another....

renaehandsew2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, love the setting too. Wear it in the best of health!!!!
30.gif

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
One more for now. I think these do my baby much more justice. As an aside, DH just came home (had to work late tonight! gotta love the military--work late all the time, but no overtime pay, oh joy!) and chuckled when he saw me playing with/posting photos of the ring. He said he''s glad it brings me so much pleasure. What a guy.

But this place has created a monster...now I''m thinking a pink sapphire band in honor of my girls, or something along those lines, already! And I''m already dreaming of another upgrade, although hubby has indicated he''ll be hurt if I do that, as in, what I got you this time around isn''t good/big enough? Sure it is, sweetie, but have you seen some of those 1.0, 1.5 ct and above honkers?? :)

renaehandsew3.JPG

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet thing for your hubby to do for you! It''s beautiful! WF just does amazing work. Congrats and enjoy your new sparkly! And just try to ignore the big honkers on this site - they will turn you into a bling-seeking monster!
25.gif

newringgirl70

Rough_Rock
Your ring is lovely...I too considered the X-Factor and I think you made a great choice! I also waited 14 years for real rings, so I feel your excitement. Congrats!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Congrats Renae!
36.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy it. I have the same setting but with a rb and I love it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, congrats!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!!!!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring - CONGRATULATIONS!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results