shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Verragio lifetime warranty? I did a search of the forums using the terms: verragio AND warranty, and also verragio. Could anyone suggest any other search terms. I also spoke with Verragio and a Verragio retailer, but I got mixed results (see below).

What originally made me wonder about Verragio''s warranty, were the two different responses I got from two different Verragio retailers when I asked the question: Is the diamond set by you or Verragio?

Retailer 1: We set most of the diamonds.

Retailer 2: We send most of the diamonds to Verragio to set.

====================================================================

message: I''ve visited several authorized Verragio retailers in my area. One told me that their jeweler mounts most of the diamonds in the Verragio settings that they sell. Another told me that they send the majority of their diamonds to Verragio to mount, because mounting a diamond in most Verragio settings can be difficult, and incorrectly mounting the diamond will void the Verragio warranty. Who is co

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there….It is essentially up to our stores to determine who will set the center stone. Since that is the only stone that we do not provide, it is up to your jeweler as to who will set it. Some of our stores send the center diamonds to us for setting, others do it themselves in house.

Lindsay A Conrath
Director of Marketing/Business Development
VERRAGIO

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay,

Thank you very much for you help. However, I''m not sure if my whole message went through -- it was kind of long -- sorry:

Finally, although the tension set diamonds in most Verragio rings look very beautiful, they also look very precarious; under the Verragio lifetime warranty, will Verragio replace or reset a diamond (including the center stone) if it is accidentally knocked loose from the setting?

Also, do you think that it would be appropriate to ask my jewler to have my center stone set by Verragio? Would Verragio charge them for this service?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would depend on what the cause of the loose stone was. I always suggest that we set the center stone in house here, for the simple reason that we guarantee all work done in house. When someone else, even if they are an authorized dealer of ours, does work to your ring, whether it be sizing, setting, etc, we cannot cover any damage that may be caused as a result. If we, in fact, set your stone, did all the work on it period, and it was never touched by another jewelers besides our own in house here, we would in fact, cover the damages.

Lindsay A Conrath
VERRAGIO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay,

Thank you for the quick response.

In order to guarantee that all of the work on my ring is done in house, at Verragio, can I purchase my setting from a Verragio retailer, then send my center stone directly to Verragio for setting?

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The retailer would actually have to be the one that sends your stone to us. For insurance purposes, we do not accept packages, or ship packages to, anyone other than who is detailed on our policies.

Lindsay A Conrath
VERRAGIO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay,

I understand, that''s fine. Could you suggest a way for me to be certain that retailer won''t set my stone and void the Verragio warranty?

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think she fnally got tired of my questions, because I haven''t received any further e-mails from her since 4/20/2006

I then asked a similiar question at a Verragio retailer in my area:

Mike,

Thank you for sending the email from Lindsay at Verragio. We can send the center stone to Verragio to have it set if that is what you would prefer. They would have to custom make your mounting anyway because of the size of your girlfriends finger. Which having it made in the exact size is a positive. Verragio won''t warranty the mountings if it is sized more than 1 size up or down. But rest assured, we are an authorized retailer for Verragio and have the authorization to set the stone. Verragio will warranty the ring if we set the stone. You get a lifetime warranty from Rogers & Hollands on the mounting and the center diamond. No extra charge. It''s free for a lifetime!

Any other questions, please call or email me! I hope to see you soon.

Brenda Waskosky

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
because mounting a diamond in most Verragio settings can be difficult, and incorrectly mounting the diamond will void the Verragio warranty.

yes, this is true....however the retailer, such as R & H SHOULD have a competent jeweler working for them that can handle setting the stone. My R & H store had an awesome benchman, and he also modidfied the prongs for me to , to my liking.

Mike,

I bought my Verragio and stone thru R & H and everything was great. You can do it one of a few ways.....

have R & H order the verragio in your size.....then you either have R & H send the stone to Verragio for mounting, or they hold the stone, wait for the setting to come in and then they set it, which gives you R & H's lifetime warranty on the setting and the mounting....which is the way I went. I had R & H manager look and look and call in a ton of stones before I decided.....and I ended up purchasing a rather expensive 2 carat...so me and the R & H manager were very leary to send that stone away to Verragio. I did not want even the tiniest chance of that stone getting switched out or anything.

I'm not sure where you are....are in in WI??? I could give you the name and # of the manager at R & H I worked with....he bent over backwards for me, and I'm sure would do the same for you.

Oh, and I must add that the R & H manager gave me a BETTER price on the Verragio setting than Sisters Jewelers did.....by a few hundred dollars.

I am thrilled with my purchase, and the service I received.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike,

Wherever you buy it, have the jeweler send the stone to Verragio to set. It is clear that they will cover any damage to the stone while it is being set. But you absolutely MUST have insurance on this ring in the event the stone is ever lost or damaged by someone else. Don''t rely on the warranty to cover you for everything that could go wrong!

I would go with the lowest price. If a local jeweler will match or beat the Sister''s quote, then great!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike said:

jetmal & diamondseeker2006:

Thank you very much for your help; however, I wish both of you would have given me the same advice! :)

Also, I''m curious what both of your opinions are on Mara''s advice for selecting a diamond in (Diamond Shopping List): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-shopping-list.45773/

Would this be good advice for selecting a diamond for novices like myself? I did find one on WhiteFlash matching her specifications for $7000. Can I post the link to it here?

Finally, can either of you recommend (or anyone else) a good insurance company (diamondseeker2006, I just saw your other post).

jetmal:

Thank you very much for your help.

"Ask them if they will also warranty the setting for you if something happens to that as well....not very likely, but you never know.":

Thanks for the idea, I''ll send e-mails to both WF and GOG.

"I would take the chance and get the warranty on the stone, which is the more expensive of the two.":

That does make a lot of sense.

"Here is somethin you may not have thought of,......if you send the stone to Verragio....and lets say they chip the diamond....wiil they cover that and replace it for you? And if they do set the diamond, you will most likely lose your warranty on the diamond, say if you purchased it from WF."

Yes, you''re right, didn''t. Which concerns me, because I wonder what else I haven''t thought of that might come back to haunt me.

diamondseeker2006:

Thank you so much for helping me for the third time now.

It would be very nice to know that, "...the setting perfectly fit the stone". Also, I''ve read several posts in which people said that the pave diamonds on their settings fell out (would those be considered pave diamonds on the EUR-8015 -- picture in "finally found the perfect setting, but..."), so I think with that setting, having the manufacturers warranty would be a definite plus.

Just to be fair, when I asked my local jeweler if she would mount loose stones, first she did ask me if it was an heirloom stone. I told her it wasn''t, and then she said (although I can''t remember exactly) that she didn''t want to take the chance of the diamond being damaged while she was mounting it.

"Oh, and yes, if a store has a setting in stock, it most certainly may cost less than one they have to order now!":

I''ll definitely try to make my decision within the next couple of days. Peter, at Sisters, also did say that I could put a deposit down on the ring to "hold it" -- I''m guessing that would be nonrefundable.

Finally, thank you again for picking out those two diamonds for me. If I do search for any additional diamonds I''ll definitely do as you suggest.

Mike, hope you don''t mind me transferring your last questions over here. I think it will be easier to keep up with your questions if we keep them on one place!

First, yes, Mara''s specs are GREAT and have helped guide me as well. But I want to suggest to you that you can have a little wider parameters within AGS ideal cut and be just fine. Let me tell you the parameters that WhiteFlash has for their "A Cut Above" brand stones:

Depth: 59.5-62%

Table: 53-58% (but like Mara, I''d aim for about 55-56)

Girdle: thin, medium, slightly thick

Culet: none, pointed, small

Polish: Ideal/Excellent

Symmetry: Ideal/Excellent

Crown Angle: 34-35

Pavilion Angle 40.6-40.9

These are the parameters I use. Please do post the stone you are looking at and people will give you feedback!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, the other insurance company recommended here is called Jeweler''s Mutual. Someone gave their web address just the other day, so do a search and you should find it. We insure my jewelry as a rider on our homeowners policy.

Here''s the deal with the setting issue. If you buy a stone from a vendor and also buy the stone from them, then they will cover either the stone or setting if they are damaged while setting it. I am pretty sure that you can buy a setting elsewhere and then the diamond vendor can tell you if they will agree to set the stone in it or not. But if they do, I do not think there would be any warranty on setting problems later. Letting the setting maker set the stone is usually the only way to keep a warranty valid on a setting. My personal intent is to find a diamond and then find a setting I like at that vendor. But say I decide I want the SuperbCert Tiffany replica setting, for example...then the diamond gets sent by my diamond vendor to the SuperbCert place for setting. All designer''s offer setting your stone in their setting...think about it...you don''t buy a diamond and have Mark Morrell or Leon Mege make a setting and send it to the diamind vendor to set. The diamond vendor send the stone to the setting designer to set. And that would be the same with Verragio, if you want to keep the warranty on the setting. They are setting stones all the time!! The diamond will be covered for later loss or damage by the insurance policy. (Read those policies to make sure they don''t have catches like making you have the diamond checked every 6 months or something! Time passes quickly and I can guarantee you there will be times that you forget or wait longer than that! IT would be a disaster to make a claim and then find out they won''t cover it because you skipped a 6 month check-up or couldn''t find the receipt showing it was checked!)

If I have forgotten to answer something, just tell me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, can we put the diamond search on here, too? Your Verragio will have G VS sidestones I think I read on another thread. Your budget for the diamond will be about $6000. since the setting is almost $2000. Some of these will eb over $6000 list price, but the wire price (and some have an extra little PriceScope discount like WF)

Okay, a REAL beauty:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2011/ (.918 F VS1)

More:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1445/ (1.03 G SI1)

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2173451.htm (1.02 G VS2)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-799218.htm (1.06 H VS2)

MikeM

Rough_Rock
diamonseeker2006:

I hope I''m not wasting too much of your time. Everyone here is really much too generous.

"Mike, hope you don''t mind me transferring your last questions over here. I think it will be easier to keep up with your questions if we keep them on one place!"

Not at all, thanks, I was getting a little confused before.

"These are the parameters I use."

Thanks. That''s exactly what I was looking for, since it seems as though the person Mara was helping out has a larger budget than I do!

"Please do post the stone you are looking at and people will give you feedback!"

I definitely would; however, I don''t think that I can find anything as nice as the ones all of you have already suggested.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike, you are obviously a nice guy, and the people around here enjoy helping someone like you! We sort of become familiar with what the vendors carry because of our own search! So it''s sort of fun to help someone else!

Mara has great preferences! But the paramaters I gave you are still very ideal. Hers are even narrower for her own diamond. So don''t feel that you are sacrificing anything by going with the parameters above. When you choose a specific stone, we can put the numbers in the HCA and make sure it gets between 0-2.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
Mike, you are obviously a nice guy, and the people around here enjoy helping someone like you! We sort of become familiar with what the vendors carry because of our own search! So it's sort of fun to help someone else!

Thanks!

I also, got the following e-mail from Whiteflash (I e-mailed him Mara's specs earlier). If it’s not too much trouble, would you mind taking a quick look at these diamonds (see below). Although, I think that I'll probably go with the one that you suggested (I trust your judgement much more than mine): http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2011/ (.918 F VS1)
(I just put it on hold)

-------------------------------------

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking my call again just now. You have been doing your homework and that is good. You were describing the A CUT ABOVE brand diamond.

Here are the diamonds I was telling you about. Click on the links to get the full information. Remember the prices on the last two links do not have the Pricescope discount listed so you will be able to get the PS price if you select one of these.
ACA 0.788 F VS2 $3850 ($3657ps wire)
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-7340406

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=714358,2323720,1177143
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=2408727,2408725,754542

We also have a new batch of diamonds arriving in about two weeks. I do not know what that includes but I am hopeful that there will be some .80-.90 in there.

If you want to put a particular diamond on hold, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Bob Hoskins
-----------------------------------

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike,

Refresh my memory on her ring size and whether she has stated a desire for a diamond of 1 ct. We talked on another thread and I just want to be sure I have your parameters straight. I remember your pretty setting and I know you wanted a nice quality diamond. I like the .91 F VS1 you have on hold if it is okay for the stone to be a little under a carat. But if you think she would really be happier with 1 ct. or more, then I''d go with a G VS2. Let me know and I''ll look more closely at those if needed.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding so quickly. I really hope I'm not taking up too much of your time.

Her ring size is 5. I don't think that the size of the diamond really matters too much to her; I was just thinking that since the ring she saw at the store had a 1 ct. diamond in it, I should try to find one that looks similar. Anything that would look good with the ring and her finger would be fine. She does have very long thin fingers.

Also, Verragio says that this setting can accommodate diamonds up to 1 ct., if that helps.

verragio_setiing_EUR-8015_6-1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well. I think you have to decide between a very high color and clarity...is that important to her? Or go down to G or H which are near colorless and get 1 ct. There is a price increase at the one carat mark, so you''d have to go down in those charateristics in order to stay in your $6000 budget. If she is not really into color and clarity details, we could take you up into the 1 ct. diamonds. So what do you think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those 3 G VS2''s are all about $7600 minus a little for the discount, so you''d be over budget with those. You''d probably need to go to H VS2 to be at $6000 at 1 ct., but GOG and WF don''t have any H''s that size at the moment. We''d have to expand over to another vendor.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
JulieN responded with this advice concerning color and clarity (see below). How closely do you think I should try to match the side stones with the center stone?

On billbarnes website, under the Verragio FAQ, I found that, for the side stones, Verragio uses a color of G, and a clarity of VS.

MikeM:
How closely do you think I should match the color and clarity of the center stone and the side stones?

JulieN:
Usually you stay within one or two color grades.

Smaller stones of the same color will look whiter.

Clarity doesn''t really matter as long as it''s eye-clean.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, the side stones are G, that''s right...and why we were looking at F-G. Are you able to go up in budget to those G VS2''s at over $7000? If not, then stick with the F .91 or else I can help you look at another site or two to check for less expensive G VS2''s. I just wouldn''t personally go down in clarity in the center stone since the setting has nice sidestones. But that''s just me...I am picky about clarity!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike,

I feel sure we can find you some more options. Here is a possibility but I can''t quite make out the numbers on the cert, although AGS0 is a very good sign! I don''t have time to enlarge it now, but I''ll look this evening if you''ll be around. I''ll be tied up for the rest of the afternoon and will check back around 7 or so.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=861644

MikeM

Rough_Rock
"Well. I think you have to decide between a very high color and clarity...is that important to her?”

She really hasn''t read much about diamonds here on pricescope or looked at that many diamonds. I haven''t really seen that many diamonds in person either. Everything I know about them I read here on pricescope -- so whatever you think is important to you (an expert) is important to us. I''m sorry that probably doesn''t help much.

I read several things about clarity, if it’s not too much trouble, do you think you could help me to sort them all out?:

When we were at a jewelry store a couple of days ago, the salesperson showed us a mounted SI1 diamond, and there was an inclusion that was very visible when viewed from the side.

Do you know if it''s possible to find an SI1 diamond that is eye clean when viewed from the side? (In Mara’s post she said to ask for a diamond that was eye clean from all angles)

Do you think that I was just seeing the reflection of the girdle? It did look like there were tiny little facets all around the inclusion. When I first saw it (before reading the post below) I thought it was a crack.

When I spoke to Bob Hoskins about inclusions visible from the side, the other day on the phone, maybe I misunderstood him, but he said that I would have to get a VS diamond in order to guarantee that it would be eye clean from the side. Does that sound correct to you? Did I understand him correctly?

--------------------------------------------
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/urgent-help-needed-just-bought-1-22ct-k-si1-not-eyeclean-to-me.27581/

I have an SI1 and it is totally clean top down but I can spot the inclusion on the side ("eye clean-ness" is not graded from the side)

----------------------------------------------
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-an-inclusion.2867/

hi,

My ring arrived and I''m looking at it very close up. Its rated as SI1. From the top it looks fine. From the side view I can see these reflecting tiny facets. Now are those just mirrored reflections of light from the diamond facets, or are they some type of inclusion? I''m kinda bothered because I can see them with the naked eye.

Thanks.

I can scan the diamond later an post it if it will help

IF, are the "reflecting facets" positioned about 2/3rd''s the way down in the stone in a "line" formation (and always visible from when rotating the stone)?

If so, what you''re seeing is a reflection of the girdle.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
"I''ll be tied up for the rest of the afternoon and will check back around 7 or so."

I''ll definitely be here. Anytime that''s convenient for you is great for me. Thanks again for all of your help so far.

Also, would that be 7 pm central time?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mike!

You''re quoting of the previous posts is little confusing!
2.gif

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, you have a budget of $6,000 for the stone, since the setting is about $2,000, and you want to get as close to 1ct as possible and have a completely eye clean stone, from the top and sides....AND you also want it to be close in color to the G side stones.

What about this one from Good Old Gold?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1810/

It is a D color (can''t get any better than that!) so there will be no problem with the color difference of the G sides -- in fact, the smaller G''s will look even whiter b/c they are small.

On the GOG site, it says "inclusions are white and scattered, the stone is totally eye clean". The bank wire price is $5,745.90. It may be worth checking out!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick note: I meant 7 eastern time. I''ll check around a little before I post.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, back a little early! That D Pebbles posted could be nice, but oddly it says very good cut, so I''d greatly prefer the F you already have on hold over that one. The only other good possibility at GoodOldGold is this G SI1, which I posted yesterday. It looks like the inclusions are tiny and can''t be seen with the eye, so it might be a possibility to go up in size:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1445/ (G SI1)

I think I posted this one earlier today, but still can''t quite see the crown angle number, but it is AGS0:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=861644 (G VS2)

I think I might just stick with the one you have on hold unless you think the extra size would please her, and then I might go on up to the 1ct. G SI1 at GOG. But what I''d do is call GoodOldGold and ask them to compare those two stones and take a picture for you so you can compare the size. They are terrific about doing this and have done several for me! If they do, please post it!

MikeM

Rough_Rock
I bought the ring from Sisters Jewelry for $1925.

I also asked if they could get a matching wedding band. He said that he'll contact Verragio and get me a price quote.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Was the ring they had in stock in her size? If so, that was amazing!

MikeM

Rough_Rock
I don''t think so. He told me a few days ago that they only had one left.

I must have missed it before, but I''ve got the wedding band quote:

Matching wedding band style #EUR8015w

Will cost you $2300. Let me know when do

you want to order it.

Best regards Peter

Do you think that would be a little high?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, how many carats of diamonds are in the wedding band?

And are you saying they ordered her e-ring from Verragio?

MikeM

Rough_Rock
Peter, from Sisters Jewelry, also wants to sell me a diamond too; however, I was thinking that maybe it would be better not to go that route for three reasons:

1. Everyone here in the forum has put in a lot of work helping find one already.

2. The wedding date is July 29th, 2006, and from what I''ve heard Verragio takes several weeks to make a ring for a certain diamond & finger size. Sisters is a small store (from what I''ve read here on PS), so he probably won''t be able to get a diamond with the specs you gave me within the next day or two.

3. He probably can''t get me as much information about the diamond as for example GOG or WF.

Do you think those are good reasons not to buy the diamond there?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you can tell him you have basically already found a stone but that you are willing to see what he can offer between .90 and 1.05 cts., AGS/Ideal cut and or GIA/Excellent, F-G VS2 or a very good SI1, and you'll want the numbers for the table, depth, crown angle, and pavilion angle..and price. Then come back here with the numbers. Ask him to email you a copy of the certs. Then we can compare them quickly to what we've found here.

(That is, if he could get the stones in within a couple of days.)

MikeM

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to find out how many carats of diamonds are in the wedding band. I think I saw something on www.billbarnes.com.

I''m not quite sure if they ordered her e-ring from Verragio -- I don''t think so. Could you take a look at the e-mails below and tell me what you think?

Hello Peter,

I don''t know if you remember me, I e-mailed you twice before. If it''s not too much trouble, I still have a few more questions:

Could you tell me if the EU-8015 from Verragio is still available? (I''m hoping to make my purchase within the next 2 weeks)

Mike

I still have it in stock. If I sell it and have to order new, it will be 25% more. Verragio change they prices

============================================================================
Hello,

I hope you don''t mind if I ask one more question: Do you usually size the ring and set the stone, or do you send it to Verragio for sizing and setting?

Mike

We can do everything at the promises or send it to Verragio.

Do you know hear finger size and size of the stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you wrote him back after that email and told him her ring size and said you wanted the ring they have in stock? Maybe they were going to have Verragio size it as well as set the stone if it gets sent off. You really need a time line established if you need these rings by the end of July.

MikeM

Rough_Rock
I just looked it up.

I sent him the first one on: Monday, May 22

and the second one on: Wednesday, May 24

Today, I called him on the phone with her finger size, told him I want the one he has in stock, and bought the ring.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if that quite answers your question.

Also, I was thinking that since I have such a short time line, maybe I should just order the diamond you suggested from GOG?

Finally, maybe it would have been better if I would have gotten it from the local jeweler (I guess it's too late now). Maybe she would have sent the specs to Verragio, and then had them make the setting according to those specs instead of just sizing it.

Although I may have gotten the wrong impression, but it seemed as though she only had one of each Verragio setting (the local jeweler), which she used to show them, with a CZ stone set in each. She also said that it would take 3 - 4 weeks to get the ring, from the time we purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results