shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang engagement rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I don't know if this is old news...but I saw this on DT... I think that everything she touches turns to gold b/c us gals are infatuated with Vera. I don't think her stuff is anything too fantastic...wedding gowns included...but I'm sure these will do very well. What do we think???

vera1.jpg

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
those rings look alright in that picture, but nothing too special. I like the emerald(?) in the middle.

Her gowns & dresses, however, are pretty fabulous. Clean lines, sleek... even when it's a big ball gown. Most importantly, they make you look *thin*.
1.gif

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
moremoremore wrote:
I think that everything she touches turns to gold...
She'd better keep her hands off the platinum, then.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure her wedding gowns are really that well made. Haven't seen too many though. I admit I spent a fortune on another designer gown (that's rolled in a ball in a box for the past 2 1/2 years lol) but the workmanship was to die for.... Her other baubles are pretty original though...like that big pave flower that a lot of celebs wear...

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
The workmanship is pretty good as long as she makes it. I don't believe she presonally makes all of it herself, does she? either way, I meant that her gowns *look* good, and they usually make the wearer look good too.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'd need a black pop tent to make me look good
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/19/2004 5:57:29 PM Icicles wrote:

The workmanship is pretty good as long as she makes it. I don't believe she presonally makes all of it herself, does she? either way, I meant that her gowns *look* good, and they usually make the wearer look good too. ----------------

I agree. A friend of mine almost got one -it was the one that made HER look the most stunning of all the gowns she tried. But the price tag was enormous, and she just wasn't willing to compromise on everything else about her wedding (food, venue, photographer, flowers) to get that dress.

Still, it made an impression.
4.gif

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
yes, the pricetags are enormous. My friend had custom Vera Wang dresses for her entire bridal party... herself + all 5 bridesmaids. And tho she refused to let on how much that was, I can only imagine it was probably more than a lot of people's whole wedding budget!
6.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, now jewelry- like she needs another avenue to make money.
Let her serve on a jury like Oprah.

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
I think she deserves her money more than a lot of celebrities out there.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i have a friend who wore one (off the rack, not custom) and it was over $12k.
6.gif
gorgeous though.

the bridesmaid's dresses were VW too, but those were only in the $300 range.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
i LUV the cushion cut setting in the upper left!
love.gif

i saw it on the BB&B website a few wks ago & i was thisclose to buying that setting and a cushion cut sapphire for my right hand ring....

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
oh- and speaking of vera wang bridal gowns, here's a story for ya:

my cousin got married a few yrs ago (she was about 30 at the time) & told her mom she HAD to have a VW dress - it was like $20K (or more) which my aunt did not have... well, my aunt's a fabulous w a needle & thread, and, so, offered to make, by hand, the exact replica of the VW gown her daughter wanted.

her daughter's response? if she didn't get THE VW, her mom would be dis-invited to the wedding.
and so my aunt was dis-invited...!
15.gif

i found my gown on the net. $290.

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
what a b****!! how can she dis-invite her own mother? esp. for such a reason?!?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, i know it icicles!
sad.gif

my sweet aunt ended up going - but only because everyone that'd heard about the dis-invitement decided not to show up unless she was re-invited! when my cousin realized all those seats would be empty & all the $$ she'd lose, she had no choice. so ya see, blackmail isn't always a bad thing
2.gif

Now...... back to those luvly VW settings!
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm a little worried about those thin, thin, thin, narrow bands in gold. Platinum, okay--but wouldn't gold bend?

Pretty, though.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love to talk about Gowns too alexah!!! I've been married for 2 1/2 years but still go on the knot and wedding channel. What a loser I am
1.gif
I didn't want to take mine off that night. And I'm not really like that...and I NEVER EVER wear white. I am the princess of darkness :0

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/19/2004 6:40:50 PM Icicles wrote:

I think she deserves her money more than a lot of celebrities out there.----------------

Damn skippy. I am so sick of the celebrities demanding free stuff because they are famous. They make a big deal about how great they are and how they busted their butts for all these years to make it big and have all this money...now SPEND IT!

joeybaby

Rough_Rock
I am new to this website but I totally agree with you about the vera wang setting in upper left corner. I've been looking for a setting just like that for quite sometime . I was wondering if you could tell me what the bb&b website is so that I could look at the one taht you mentioned ???
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/17/2004 8:51:55 PM joeybaby wrote:

I've been looking for a setting just like that for quite sometime . [...] what the bb&b website is ----------------

This is it
1.gif
LINK

Welcome to PS !

reena

Ideal_Rock
i also think this VW setting is quite pretty. unique.

VW.JPG

joeybaby

Rough_Rock
That ring is pretty fantastic. I tried it on at bb&b today, it was beautiful. The only problem with it is that the center stone is not diamond, it''s morganite, which is a pretty cheap stone and not very durable. The saleslady at bb&b also said that it makes a lousy engagement ring because the little micropave stones keep popping out. I am very disappointed because I thought it was beautiful ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not in the market for a wedding gown--but I''''d buy her clothing and jewellery anytime, if I could afford the price tag. From the designs I''ve seen in wearables, most IMO is ''tasteful and very beautiful''.
1.gif
Not like the majority of the merchandise of many others......so called actors/singers apparently now in the same business.

cheers

Sharon

roxanneu

Rough_Rock
I have a friend that had a replica of the VW ring (the cushion cut set with the channel pave diamonds) made for his fiance. The jeweler said he had to make it several times because the band was so thin and delicate...it proved very difficult to make. They ended up doing it in white gold instead of platinum...not sure why. To be sure...it is lovely...but she is scared to death she is going to damage it...all the more concren regarding the comments about the pave stones popping out!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2005 3:33:21 PM
Author: roxanneu

To be sure...it is lovely...but she is scared to death she is going to damage it...all the more concren regarding the comments about the pave stones popping out!
I would be too! Without some cross-bars between those prongs there is nothing holding the shape of the ring head. Those prongs would bend in a minute. Same for a super thin shank. Either platinum or gold are not particularly springhy or stiff to hold shape in such slender shapes. I would gladly wear that ring made of titan or hard steel.

You say "channel set" - the ring in the picture has the small stones set differently (held in place with metal beads, perhaps in a small channel so that the edges of the shank come above the stones'' girdles. If any diamond-covered part of the ring bends, the small stones may well pop up.

However, some kinds of pave are more durable than others and the little diamond dots are not that troublesome to replace (not once per week, of course).

I am not sure what is the standard name for this, but diamond paved "ribbons" prove themselved surprisingly enduring in old jewelry. Including rings. The pin in the picture shows the type of "pave" pretty well.

This is just a hunch. I hope someone could comment from experience.
4.gif

VictorianRibbon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results