shape
carat
color
clarity

Venue Shopping Week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I think this might be my first post on the BWW thread. I was recently engaged, and now we''re looking at venues for the spring of 2010- probably March 20 or March 27 as of now.

I''ve already met with one venue, and have appointments with 3 more this week- we''re hoping to nail down a date and a venue soon so we can start looking at other stuff and get a better idea of budget.

We want a place where we can hold both the ceremony and the reception- so far, we''re looking at 3 houses/catering venues and a botanical garden.

Any suggestions on what to look for and what questions to ask?

Thanks!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure there are checklists and things somewhere with all the details, but I''ll share one that was important to me.

We needed our venue to be flexible on the alcohol because we wanted to get in kegs of our favorite beer and pick the wines. Some places really aren''t very flexible, and I''m glad we found that our upfront. The place we went with was extremely flexible and accommodating and it''s nice to know they''ll work with us to personalize things instead of wanting to do it the way they always do weddings (flexibility with alcohol seemed to apply to flexibility in other areas as well).

Out of curiosity, what part of the country are you getting married in?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Parking! That was a huge one for us, as we were looking at mostly downtown venues. At 2 places I liked the look of we would have had to rent out a U-Park (or 2!!) or a parking lot far away and a bus to transport (dumb).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results