shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors who may sometimes offer star sapphires?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone please tell me some vendors who may sometimes offer star sapphires? Thanks!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joe Henley gets them sometimes and his prices are great!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help but here goes:

Since they are typically unheated, they are a little easier to gamble on (like on eBay -- assuming that they actually show up). Oh, and they can be coated, too, but that's really sleazy.

That said, I don't think I have ever seen a killer blue star sapphire (good transparency or even translucency, vivid hue, decent and symmetric star) for sale from anyone for any price in all the years I have been looking.

I have a fun purple but it's no one's ideal.

hwm

Rough_Rock
Not on the recommended vendor list but you can try out https://www.starruby.in

I have deal with them a couple of times before and bought 1 facet ruby from them recently, transaction were all good, shipment was fast, and they replied email promptly.

Just that the photo color in their website is not very precise (at least imo) so you might want to ask for additional video / info

Vendor Photo:
_Listing 04.jpg

Actual (indoor without direct sun light):

IMG_2474.jpg

indoor with direct sun light
IMG_2818.jpg

I also got a star ruby from brad (thegemtrader.com) before so you might want to reach out to him as well

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, dear friends! I got on Joe Henley's mailing list, will look at Star Ruby, and look into Brad. Your ruby is absolutely fantastic, hwm!! Thanks again!

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
That said, I don't think I have ever seen a killer blue star sapphire (good transparency or even translucency, vivid hue, decent and symmetric star) for sale from anyone for any price in all the years I have been looking.
Even the synthetic blue ones are just meh.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CeylonSapphireGems on IG posted this a few days ago. It's 6 ct.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 11.29.43 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results