carat
color
clarity

Vendors in US

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi There

I am heading to the US late next year and thought I would start my diamond research well ahead of time.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me which vendors to go to (alternatively stay away from!!) when in New York, LA, Vegas and surrounding areas.

I am looking for something in the 2ct range - round brilliant.

I have no idea what sort of budget I would need over there but I do know that I would need much less of a budget than if I was to purchase it in Australia.

So if any of you would care to take a minute to point me in the direction of people to see and how much I might expect to pay for the diamond only, that would be fantastic.

I would like just a simple solitaire setting, platinum knife edge band with a nice open basket so you can see the diamond.

Thanks very much!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
KirstLWA|1480330987|4103078 said:
Hi There

I am heading to the US late next year and thought I would start my diamond research well ahead of time.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me which vendors to go to (alternatively stay away from!!) when in New York, LA, Vegas and surrounding areas.

I am looking for something in the 2ct range - round brilliant.

I have no idea what sort of budget I would need over there but I do know that I would need much less of a budget than if I was to purchase it in Australia.

So if any of you would care to take a minute to point me in the direction of people to see and how much I might expect to pay for the diamond only, that would be fantastic.

I would like just a simple solitaire setting, platinum knife edge band with a nice open basket so you can see the diamond.

Thanks very much!
There are any number of merchants you can visit when you get to the States. Since you have plenty of time, your best bet is to start doing your own research on sizes, prices, and qualities to orient yourself, determine your priorities, and set your expectations. Then you can ask more specific questions and you will get actionable advice from the community here. You can access many articles in the knowledge base here and use the search tool to find threads of interest where topics have been discussed in detail.

Good luck and enjoy your diamond journey!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To add to Byran's excellent answer:
When I'm considering buying from a store, or website, I search reviews. This should tip you off to the sellers on the street, or web, that have little dedication to customer service, or honest representation.
Unfortunately, there's some of those out there.

In terms of price, the internet has made all this a lot more transparent- you can shop prices easily online.
The best sellers don;t have the very cheapest prices, but can make up for it with increased service- or you can also find the very lowest of prices on some of the sites offering a lower level of service.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results