shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors for Antique Repair/Redesign

collier

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a good jeweler that can repair an antique moonstone bracelet. I was hoping that someone they could recommend. It's sterling and not particularly valuable, but I'd love to have it back in the rotation. Just recently I contacted someone on etsy who told me they don't work with antique/heirlooms... :wall:

Also, is it just me or is this forum overrun by people who want an appraisal?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
collier|1487809712|4132362 said:
I am looking for a good jeweler that can repair an antique moonstone bracelet. I was hoping that someone they could recommend. It's sterling and not particularly valuable, but I'd love to have it back in the rotation. Just recently I contacted someone on etsy who told me they don't work with antique/heirlooms... :wall:

I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations - your best bet might be to check out local artisans. A lot of jewelers are hesitant to work with silver because people tend to balk at the price. They expect silver repairs to be relatively inexpensive since silver is inexpensive relative to gold. However, most of the cost of repairs is in the labor and it's not uncommon for a silver repair to cost more than the original piece of jewelry.

Also, is it just me or is this forum overrun by people who want an appraisal?

:lol: It does seem that way sometimes. It might get annoying when someone just won't take "we don't know" for an answer, but hey - we can always just scroll past their thread, so most of us learn to just roll with it! (Or should I say scroll with it? ;-) :D ) And there are occasionally really interesting things that get posted here too.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I'm afraid my bracelet will cost more to repair than it is worth :blackeye:
I guess it comes back to if I will wear it and if it gives me joy in doing so.

Antique jewelry speaks to me; I love the artistry and the history.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results