carat
color
clarity

Vendor suggestions for a Emerald Eternity

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
3E8A6640-1D3E-4C8E-91B5-BCB5ABAE4759.jpeg

Hello everyone, like most, I have been a long time lurker but this is my first official post. Would love some suggestions as to which vendor to go to for a emerald eternity band similar to Leon Mege's "Hamptons Band".

I have had this photo saved on my phone for years and am finally going to pull the trigger and get one made for myself. I have tried contacting Leon but he said he does not make wedding bands for clients who did not get their ER from him.

Ring size is 3.75, I presume a 3mm wide band would be 0.20 carats for each emerald. My budget is $4000-$5000 USD, although the lower the price, the better. ;-)

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
At 3mm wide, not sure a vendor can do ECs. More likely it would be baguette cuts. I have seen baguette rings like that in that width. I'm not familiar with LMs Hamptons band but have you asked for the specs and cost? I'd guess it is 5mm wide from the photos.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I stand corrected, looks like the original listing was removed, but the ring was 3 ctw with 17 ECs, and 3.2 mm wide.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that you requested a quote... Victor's emerald cut eternity is just TDF. :love: Seriously, it is drool-worthy!! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

10294-Emerald-Cut-Shared-Prong-Eternity-Band-1-original.jpg

Attachments

• 10294-Emerald-Cut-Shared-Prong-Eternity-Band-1-original.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E8A6640-1D3E-4C8E-91B5-BCB5ABAE4759.jpeg I have had this photo saved on my phone for years and am finally going to pull the trigger and get one made for myself. I have tried contacting Leon but he said he does not make wedding bands for clients who did not get their ER from him.
That's a gorgeous band! but WTF is with that comment from LM? Does that mean noone can ever just buy a band from him?! What an attitude! Go with VC, from everything I've seen him post or posted about him, he's a decent and nice person as well as being a fantastic artisan who makes beautiful jewellery.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous band! but WTF is with that comment from LM? Does that mean noone can ever just buy a band from him?! What an attitude!

+1

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give you some quote to compare, I'd also inquire with GoG and DiamondsbyLauren. They are both good with fancy-cuts. Just make sure to use the same specs as you used to get the quote from VC.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your finger size may be a problem if you want horizontally set emerald cuts....

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that you requested a quote... Victor's emerald cut eternity is just TDF. :love: Seriously, it is drool-worthy!! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

I love that N/S emerald! And the Asscher eternity he also has posted on his site is so lovely as well. I bet those will cost even more than the E/W emerald style because more diamonds will have to be used. Its definitely on my ‘someday’ wish list though!

That's a gorgeous band! but WTF is with that comment from LM? Does that mean noone can ever just buy a band from him?! What an attitude! Go with VC, from everything I've seen him post or posted about him, he's a decent and nice person as well as being a fantastic artisan who makes beautiful jewellery.

Yes, I was quite surprised, because LM does have bands he sells on his site that don’t require custom work. I assume he gets enough business making ER’s that he doesn’t feel the need to add to his work load by taking band only orders. For a long time now I was so set on having LM make my ER upgrade next year, but after reading about some of the not-so-stellar experiences other Pricescoper's had with him I think I'll just go with VC instead.

To give you some quote to compare, I'd also inquire with GoG and DiamondsbyLauren. They are both good with fancy-cuts. Just make sure to use the same specs as you used to get the quote from VC.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into getting a few more quotes to compare. Victor’s rep did come back with a quote for me, but it is almost double what I initially wanted to spend. Although I know the ring from VC will be absolutely amazing…

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely reach out to Dave at GOG. I’m so surprised they told you that at Leon Mege. I too wanted the Hampton band, and they had no issue giving me a quote (albeit way over priced).

I do think given your small finger size. It may be mathematically impossible to set 20 point emerald cuts around your finger east to west and you will have to go with a vertical setting.

I don’t think you’ll get the “look” of a sizeable diamond in a band that small unless you go with a standard round or Asscher cut.

Definitely reach out to GOG, when I was having my band made, although I didn’t ultimately buy the ring with them, they were absolutely AMAZING on the whole process and explanation. They sell education above anything else, truly passionate people and I can’t say enough about them....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results