shape
carat
color
clarity

Veil alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I have very short hair and do not want to wear a traditional veil.

I could put barrettes, sparklies, or flowers in my hair (or nothing which is what I'm leaning towards) except.....

My friend showed me a pic of this netting/lace doily/embriodered/fishnet thingy that layed on the top of the head.

Anyone have pictures from their mags or examples of this?

Thanks

e

ps my wedding dress is nude colored with stark white lace overlay and very very ornate - kind of a long wispy trumpet lilly pattern

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Something like this? Appears to be called a birdcage veil. And I thought this one was particularly cute.
1.gif

birdcageveil.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ah-Ha now I have a term to search for

thanks albicocca

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
No problem!
4.gif
Post pics of ones you like!!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know quite how to say it without hurting anyone''s feelings......but the only thing that comes to mind when I see that netting thing is the red netting that supermarket turkeys come in.

I''d suggest a barrette or comb or something instead????

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
see Sweet Home Alabama. Nice example. Go for "micronet" rather than fishnet to avoid the turkey thing. Hah.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What about a flower?

87b8.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
A birdcage veil.

e43c.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
A tiara''s always nice.
2.gif
Do you think a small one would stay put in your hair?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I need to provide a picture of my haircut and/or dress

The dress itself is very ornate and vintage 1920''s looking so I thought the small veil would be appropriate since for whatever reason I can''t explain I am not interested in wearing a traditional veil even if I had longer hair

I''m already wearing small drop pearl earings and a ''dancing'' pearl necklace (little pearls hang ''invisibly'' from a strand of pearls) so I don''t want to also add a tiara

My dress has micro-netting (thanks JulieN) with an embroidered lilly pattern on top of the netting so if I choose to go the birdcage route I hope not to look like a turkey (thanks Al)

The dress came with matching (higher than elbow length?) gloves and a wrap. I''m not sure if I''ll be wearing the wrap since I don''t know which month we will marry but I could steal the lace from either to make the veil, maybe.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
higher than elbow length gloves=eighteen button gloves + 20s style dress sounds delightfullly decadent

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Starset Prncess...
Don''t you know by now how much we LOVE pictures?
Please post!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I have no pictures because I'm not even engaged yet - feel kinda guilty asking advice in the BIW folder as it is
2.gif

For Thanksgiving bf is coming to my parents then he's leaving to go to his parents where I'll catch up with him later.

Since I've been storing/stowing the dress in my father's closet, perhaps I could convince my mother to take a few pictures.

My grandmother will be there and I'm sure she wouldn't mind seeing the dress anyway - seeing how she doesn't know it exists yet.

The only problem (here's my next post) is that I'm 5'8 (bf 6'1)and it's about 3-4" too long and the bottom is where most of the lace detail is concentrated (and then becomes more sparse as you go up the dress) so I'll have to find an appropriate pair of shoes. So if I'm wearing black leather sandals in the pic, please ignore
9.gif

Okay, look for pics after Thanksgiving.

ps - thanks for the pic lmurden but I'm leaning more towards a less ornate practically invisible veil - thanks for your input
35.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Starset-
I also considered a birdcage veil for a time. The first one posted reminded me of a turkey netting too
:) but I think that is just the way the back of those are. My mother spent an entire afternoon searching the web for pictures of them a couple of weeks ago and there just aren''t a lot of them out there that I have been able to find. But I think one would be beautiful with your 1920''s style dress. I have a pic of a very pretty (very vintage classy) one at work that I will try to post for you tomorrow. We also found a vintage veil site that was helpful in finding different styles throughout the decades. If I can find that I will post the link.

Cannot wait to see pics of your dress :)

ky6

Shiny_Rock
wait, I found those pics of the birdcage veil.
I like these with the flower clipping it in place.

birdcage 1.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
another view

birdcage 2.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Now that I look at it, I think the netting is still a little big, so it may still look at little turkey-ish to some :)

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like the birdcage veil that lmurden posted.

I can''t wait to see pics of your dress, it sounds sooo beautiful!!
30.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 10:33:32 PM
Author: kalispera
I personally like the birdcage veil that lmurden posted.

I can''t wait to see pics of your dress, it sounds sooo beautiful!!
30.gif
I do too! If the flower is too ornate, maybe you could find a similar-looking veil with a simpler design.

I can''t wait to see pics of your dress! I think the 20''s style dress with the long gloves will be fabulous!
1.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Here some more ideas.

1_kmd_39.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Another

hair_short_7.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 7:07:14 PM
Author: lmurden
Here some more ideas.
I think that little headband could look gorgeous w/ short hair & a vintage dress!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 11:53:32 AM
Author: BrightSpot

Date: 11/29/2005 7:07:14 PM
Author: lmurden
Here some more ideas.
I think that little headband could look gorgeous w/ short hair & a vintage dress!
The second picture show that with a little bit of hair slicked to the side you can still wear a traditional veil too.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lmurden
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results