shape
carat
color
clarity

Vegas Proposal -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
THE DEED IS DONE!

heh...dont want to really make this story too long....but here we go....

Dec 27....Travel Day. Our flight was cancelled and our agent never told us about it! grrrr
29.gif
we were delayed 8 hours. So anything that we would of done today got put off till tomorrow
23.gif
(day of proposal). We rent a car and show our friends(another couple that traveled with us) the sites of freemont st and the rio buffet
1.gif

Dec 28....Proposal day. Ok...so my gf and our friends wanted to go to Primm to go outlet shopping. This is fine as long as we get the rental car back to the hotel by 5pm, that would ok....so we''ll leave by 3pm. (proposal time 6:30)...shop...shop...shop....gasp its 4pm
23.gif
We rush out of the mall, explaining to my gf and the other couple that were not going to return the car in time. My gf was thinking of just extending the rental car a day...its only another 10 bux per person. OK fine...but....there was an accident on the interstate
23.gif
. So many things are going in my head now, Im going to miss my "show" (its happening at 6:30 whether im there or not)...We get back to the Paris hotel at 5:30. I tell my gf and friends that we need to be at the Fashion show mall by 6:20!...that leaves 10 min to change and 40 to walk there to meet another couple (friends from elsewhere). My gf was thinking at the time...''why do we have to rush...we can just call him and tell that we''ll be 30 min late or something'' . Good thing she didnt voice her opinion openly....
6:20 we arrive at the mall...run into the other couple and they explained that they need to wait for so more friends that are coming (false story) We stand around posing for pictures in the fashion mall plaza underneath the architectural cloud'' in front of the 4 jumbotrons. GF is getting cold...she wants to go inside and wam up and shop some more!...I said wait just a few more min....Then the song begins...A female rendition of Fly me to the Moon starts...and Images of us appear on the jumbotron...she looked stunned...my friends looked stunned. I catured images of us when we were dating of our travels....Jumbo 1-Hikes in Banff National Park, Jumbo 2 - Previous vistits to Vegas, Jumbo 3 - Images of LA, Jumbo 4 - Christmas in New York. Also on Jumbo 1 was ''"Will you share my heart with me no matter wherever our journey may take us".....Jumbo 4 "Will you marry me?"....We dance to the song ''under the stars'' and watch the images....she crying...making me cry....her friend is crying.......I get down on my knees part way through the ''show'' and ask....she was still in shock...speechless...she said yes!
1.gif
The show continues for a little more and my friend that we met up with...broke out the prearranged bottles of champange
3.gif
. The Las Vegas Review Journal was there as well....documenting the show for an upcoming article for Valentines day!

ok...ill stop rambling...
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Oh my GOSH!! perfection!! glad to hear you pulled it off even with the mishaps.
CONGRATS to the two of you!!! i am so excited that it turned out so well!!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
THANKS.....you havent even heard of the other mishaps...the couple that traveled with us has shall we say ''chanllenged time management skills'' as well as they lost 1 of their luggage. It got torn in half....

The show almost didnt go on as well...i had only sent the images to the property 4 days before the travel....so Plan A almost didnt pan out....Good thing it did!
1.gif
I had a plan B just in case too
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it must have been meant to be! esp. will all that happening and it still was able to work out!

i forgot= WE NEED PICS of the ring - and on hand pics.

i loved that spot where you proposed. i bet it made for awesome engagement pics!!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
ill post pics later when i get home...pics and video of the proposal are good....but could be better because it was at night.....ill try to post one that i have here....

jcrow...the canal at venitian was busy as ever...there was a newly wed when we were there....those guys can really belt out a tune

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Pic 1

DSC00060small.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so sweet! yall too look so happy!

yeh all those lights can be not so hot for picture taking.

wow, we must have really lucked out when we went to the Venetian for the proposal, though it was right around noon on a monday.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
it was new years time...so it was a zoo there....it took some people from LA 12+ hours to drive there...it was crazy....new years eve was crazier....at 11pm...we decided to venture out....it took us 40 min to go from one leg of the eiffel tower to the other
23.gif
. the hotel was barricaded from public access...one way in one way out. It was one big giant mosh pit!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ewe. holy crap!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! I''m soooo glad you decided to go through with this idea (and I''m even more glad that you pulled it off!!) You too look sooo cute!!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
SEATTLESPARKLE: thanks :) ..... you can still use this idea for your SO.....its pretty imense where youre up close to the screen especially the sound system they have in place
1.gif
....its pretty cool
10.gif
....and its something that the mall is trying to push for...hence the upcoming article in the LV Review Journal.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
i guess the search is on for the wedding bands :) ....

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the search is on!!

And its alright, I''m actually not such a big fan of Las Vegas (this could be b/c I only go there on business) but I do want a stunning, elaborate, well-thought-out proposal ( pressure? what pressure?)

I think it was a great idea, and its a fantabulous idea ... but now that you''ve done it, I know it could never happen for me. Why? Because, I''m a lucky girl who has a very creative boyfriend ( although sometimes incredibly stubborn) who will want to completely surprise me (so if he took me to Vegas .... well then I''d know ...)

My money is that it will happen during his "I passed the Bar" vacation - either in Europe or Tahiti ....

OH, but I''m soooo happy you decided to do it, but I do want to see more pictures!!! (Because until I can have my own pictures, I feed off of others ...)

GW86

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me any more about the proposal on the Gondola? I am proposing in a few weeks when I go there. I wanted to do it in the middle of the ride. Do you think that would have worked?
Thanks.

GW86

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me any more about the proposal on the Gondola? I am proposing in a few weeks when I go there. I wanted to do it in the middle of the ride. Do you think that would have worked?
Thanks.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 2:41:57 PM
Author: GW86
Thanks.
Jcrow went through this...just need a little prep time with the gondelier if you want something ''special'' to happen. I believe there are others that has done it as well....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results