shape
carat
color
clarity

VCA pendant or diamond pendant? Can’t decide!

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
I’m having a very hard time choosing between a classic VCA vintage Alhambra pendant necklace or a ~1-1.5ct diamond pendant necklace. I feel like both are classic, can be worn as an every day necklace, and will never go out of style. I love them both equally, but can only choose one right now. I’ll probably want both at some point :D, but which one should I get first? I sense that there are both VCA fans and diamond fans on this board, so hopefully this is the right forum to seek advice :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want both. But I would probably prioritize a diamond pendant before a vintage Alhambra pendant. I wore my very simple diamond pendant everyday and wanted a very understated piece. If you aren’t going for a pave Alhambra the 1 carat diamond would be quite a bit more expensive. The stone VCA pendants are around $3kish. If you are considering a pave Alhambra pendant that would be a different story. A pave Alhambra would be more of a statement piece that you could wear every day and makes more of an impact than a one carat diamond solitaire, which would be more understated unless you create a more ornate setting. So maybe I should ask what kind of setting would you want for a diamond and what kind of Alhambra pendant are you considering? Are you after a more understated look or a little more impactful look? How often would you wear it?
FYI. I have both. I am not biased either way. For me it was a matter of time and maturing as a jewelry lover, and of course budget. I used to think a .7 carat solitaire pendant was big. And I would never consider an Alhambra pendant. But now I have a WG pave Alhambra pendant that I love and would wear everyday. Now I find the diamonds pendant small even.

Last edited:

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
I definitely want an understated piece that I could wear almost every day. I work at an office and when I go out it’s usually just out to dinner. I would want the classic vintage Alhambra (white w/ YG, no diamonds) or a simple 3 or 4 prong diamond pendant in YG. I love classic, minimalistic pieces of jewelry that go with everything. I’ve tried on a bunch of VCA pendants and love the way the white Alhambra looks on my skin tone and it would add some variety to my current jewelry collection (very limited, but all diamond based). But then again I just love the look of a simple, well cut diamond that sparkles like crazy. I know that the diamond pendant would be a bit more expensive than the VCA, but it would still be within budget. I can’t justify getting both at the same time though.

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Also if I were to go the diamond pendant route, I would probably want a superideal stone. I saw that Whiteflash has superideal princess cuts and am very intrigued - if anyone has seen these in person, please comment!

Q

Queenie60

I vote for the diamond pendant. I wear mine daily, dressed up or dressed down.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given how you plan to wear it, I would go for the diamond pendant first. You know you'll wear that 24/7. Then see how you feel. Having a diamond pendant first may change the VCA piece you will want. Jewelry is like that. One piece may affect what you choose for your future pieces.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the pendant! My first one was a 0.5ct which I wore nearly every day, I have since upgraded to a 0.84ct ACA which is so sparkly it has a lot of presence. They have definitely been my most used jewellery items after my ER and studs.

VCA pieces are gorgeous but I often wonder about the long term durability of some of the stones they use, my feeling is that a diamond pendant is a lot more carefree!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.5ct solitaire necklace that I wear daily. I LOVE it :geek2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for diamond pendant, and to buy from a company with upgrade policy. :) DSS is real.

ETA: I never really cared for, or wanted a diamond pendant... until I had one. Now I love it and wear it 24/7 and consider it one of the best bling decisions I ever made.

Do you have an idea of what kind of setting you would wear?

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote diamond pendant first. If you still love the Alhambra by the time you saved up enough for it then go for it! Both are lovely!

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I’m leaning towards diamond pendant now... will need to think about what specs I want and look at vendor inventory. From browsing the threads it sounds like Whiteflash, JA and HPD all have good upgrade policies. Am I missing anyone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results