shape
carat
color
clarity

Vaya gems.

john smith

Rough_Rock
Is there any information about this company? Their prices seem somewhat on the low side. They only issue their own certificates. There are some indications that they are truthful - an African stone is said to have lead glass filling. They have an online shop and a physical shop. Being based in Thailand I could visit the shop but asking for an independent report can lead to a hurried exit on occasions.

Hello there! I am not familiar with this dealer, nor have I ever seen them mentioned here. I would just proceed with caution. Be sure to have a generous return/refund policy, so you can have any gem properly certified. And be sure to pay using a method with buyer protection, such as AmEx, etc. Good luck!

john smith

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response. With some of the companies here a return policy can mean little or nothing. Additionally, company names can change with remarkable speed. Here today gone tomorrow. I am tempted to visit the physical shop. I will resist that temptation.

Thank you for your response. With some of the companies here a return policy can mean little or nothing. Additionally, company names can change with remarkable speed. Here today gone tomorrow. I am tempted to visit the physical shop. I will resist that temptation.

I think that's probably a smart decision. When in doubt, it's always best to stick with familiar and trusted names in this industry.
pixelSHERLOCK_finished.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you are resisting the temptation for high-stakes gambling. :clap:

Gems are expensive and often mysterious.
Confidence that the gem actually is what the seller claims is best-assured by a grading report from an independent and reputable lab.
I wouldn't trust my luck on psychic powers, my gut feeling about the person selling, or the word of a skilled fast-talking and trust-building salesperson. (aka the old con game :knockout: )

You said their prices are low. ... RED FLAG!
IMO it's more likely their prices are high for mis-represented gems, because without a legit report from a legit ad, a seller can claim a low-end gem has high-end specs. :Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something:
IWO if the seller can find buyers who will buy without a report, the seller can get away with lying about the gem.

But of course people vary.
Some buyers love and crave the thrill of the gamble, and they understand that thrill outranks the disappointment of loosing - for them.
Some people have strong faith in their intuition about people, including gem sellers.
If that's sounds like you don't listen to my reasoning, go for it and follow your gut.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results