shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X-Prong = Tiffany Lucida setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Lucida has the famed "bar" too. Look Here .

And this is what you Mac Users miss... The GemAdviser produces a precise virual model of the stone. The one below is for a Queen Of Harts. The next will be for a Regent. Of course, each stone will generate a different picture. These were randomly picked.

QOH_GemAdviser.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Regent_GemAdviser.JPG

lislaz

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That was what I was curious to know, what the table looked like on the Regent. I think I'm getting more and more attracted to the Regent.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
your right, the lucida does have the bar too, the picture on gog is decieving, not that it matters, but I just didn't see it in that picture, ok I have little idea what the difference in settings are...sorry!

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I know I'm a bit late (always late!), but I thought I'd mention that yes, a few people have called Dvatche and confirmed that the Lucida settings are made by Dvatche. Abbymax, I've also heard that the settings are shaped slightly differently in that the Tiffany settings are a bit more rounded, while the Dvatche is more squarish in the X shape. This might be because of the cut of the Lucida vs. differently cut stones like the regent, etc. If you look at the close-up picture on the Tiffany website and the close-up picture on the Dvatche website, you might see it. I think the Tiffany classic is not done by Dvatche, and I've heard the name Lazare Kaplan associated with that setting.
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not to be a devils' advocate here, but does anyone know if DVatche is legally allowed to metnion that they make the bands for Tiffany's (I am sure Tiffany's would make they sign some paperwork for disclosure on that because they wouldn't want anyone to know), and DVatche could just be saying that, so they could increase their prices or increase demand for their product? I've seen vendors do that before...but again, it's just a thought...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results