shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Royal X-Prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gauge

Rough_Rock
First, what is your opinion of the Vatche Royal X-Prong setting? How do you think it will look with a 2.6 carat diamond?
Here is a link to it:
http://goodoldgold.com/setting/V-102/
(I would be getting it in platinum).

Does anyone know the width of this setting? Most sites don''t list the width at all. One site did say it was 3mm. However, the band does tapper and it is unclear what part is 3mm and what the other parts are.

The setting is slightly more expensive than other vendor''s in-house settings. What kind of reputation/ prestige does Vatche have? Is it a name that commands respect or is it just another designer among many?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, I love it! Gorgeous setting! Vatche makes very well-made settings, they have a great reputation here on ps. This setting would look stunning on a large stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Vatche is a high quality designer. The finish on their rings is among the best. I am thinking that the width may vary a little depending on the size of the stone. I'd call GOG and have them call and ask Vatche. Ellen has a Vatche setting in white gold and it is beautiful. I'll see if I can find a link with her pictures for you. Her stone is 1.4 cts.

I think it is the regular x-prong, but you can still see how nice it looks!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-fire-thread.51563/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see ds linked you to my ring (thanks ds). I think your stone would look stunning in that setting. And yes, Vatche makes very nice/durable settings.

One thing to note, if you want the warranty that comes with Vatche settings, you''ll need to have regular maintenance and any work done with a Vatche dealer. Also, if time is a consideration, Vatche must set the stone and that takes 3-4 weeks.

HTH

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2007 9:43:15 PM
Author:Gauge
First, what is your opinion of the Vatche Royal X-Prong setting? How do you think it will look with a 2.6 carat diamond?
Here is a link to it:
http://goodoldgold.com/setting/V-102/
(I would be getting it in platinum).

Does anyone know the width of this setting? Most sites don''t list the width at all. One site did say it was 3mm. However, the band does tapper and it is unclear what part is 3mm and what the other parts are.

The setting is slightly more expensive than other vendor''s in-house settings. What kind of reputation/ prestige does Vatche have? Is it a name that commands respect or is it just another designer among many?
The shank is about 3.5mm wide at its widest, approximately 2.5mm wide at the bottom and narrows down quickly where it raises up beside the basket holding the stone to about 2.25mm. Those measurements are for the 1 ct version that I have here, I believe that they are the same for the other versions, but I do not have one here to measure for you.

Wink

Gauge

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 4:58:47 PM
Author: Wink
Date: 5/20/2007 9:43:15 PM

The shank is about 3.5mm wide at its widest, approximately 2.5mm wide at the bottom and narrows down quickly where it raises up beside the basket holding the stone to about 2.25mm. Those measurements are for the 1 ct version that I have here, I believe that they are the same for the other versions, but I do not have one here to measure for you.

Wink

Thanks Wink. I see on your site that this setting only shows prices for diamonds up to 2 carats. Do you know if Vatche makes this setting for a 2.6 carat diamond? If so, do you know how much it would cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results