shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Royal Crown but wider?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve0617

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

GF and I have been shopping for the e-ring for months now. It seems she really likes the Vatche Royal Crown but the hang up is is she wants a single ring that''s about 5-6mm wide and no separate wedding band.

Does such a thing exist? Would it be a tough thing to make? Would it even look good?

Thanks

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That really isn''t that wide, but it depends on what size stone she chooses, and more importantly - her personal taste. I think the shank on a Royal crown is approximately 2.7mm, but Vatche is willing to customize. Any vendor who works with Vatche can help you with this.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...not sure it would really work without a humungo stone because of the way the prongs come up from the sides of the band...but I am sure you could have something custom made that is similar.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.aspx

You'll see here that the head is integrated into the shank by a BAR UNDERNEATH, so it should not be much of a problem to have a wide band. However, the taper of the shank as it comes near the head will not look same as the original from all angles.

Going from 2.7 to 5-6 sounds...eh. I would actually go with a tension setting...in a way, the Royal Crown and a tension setting sort of evoke the same feeling in me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results