shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche 6 prong Royal Crown question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

12monkeys

Rough_Rock
A question to owners of a Vatche 6 prong Royal Crown gold ring with platinum setting. Where the gold turns to platinum for a lack of the correct term the soldering point. The one I recently purchased online appears to be rather rough, wavy looking. Have to place a call to Vatche, but was wondering if any others notice this, as it is miner and might be the norm. Don't get me wrong, the style of the ring and the way it displays the stone is just wonderful.
Thanks

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
I'm not familiar with this ring, but I do have a ring that has platinum prongs/head that transitions to a yellow gold body. The transition is very smooth and doesn't stand out or look rough. I see no reason why your ring should be rough or wavy, that sounds like a quality control issue. If it bothers you ask them to fix it.

mon

Rough_Rock
Howdy! I just received my Vatche X-Prong today, and I noticed the same thing. It seems like the gold prongs were thicker & when met with the thinner platinum, it looks & feels wavy & rough. Of course, you cannot notice it on my finger & the prongs feel very secure, so I am not as concerned. If you contact them, I would like to know how they respond, otherwise, I am just too happy right now to be upset!

Mon :bigsmile:

12monkeys

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your replies.

As with your ring mon, you really don't notice when the ring is worn. Only if you are really looking close.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results