shape
carat
color
clarity

van cleef alhambra necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
considering purchasing one of these ....really loved it on my neck but I was quite shocked at the price $4600. Was thinking 2500....each clover like piece is individually signed and numbered and they are quite elaborate with the beadwork (or whatever its called). Thoughts? anyone own anything by VC & A? Its not something you can just have copied like a diamonds by the yard

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one?... of the Alhambra necklaces...

I would not copy such a thing, but would consider something clever of similar style. I though a few other designers worked out the same theme - the ''Quatrefoil'' by Yurman comes to mind, and I am quite sure there were one or two more.

If the price doesn''t put you off, it would be a great piece to have
1.gif
I wasn''t so brave about it, I am affraid.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Any pictures?

I love the ginkgo pieces by Carrera y Carrera but wince at the prices for white gold!! However, they are not easily copied so I may have to save (and hope I don''t react to the gold / nickel)...........

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2006 11:06:43 AM
Author: just_looking!

I love the ginkgo pieces by Carrera y Carrera but...
You might find THIS interesting... and as custom work goes, the Ginko motif could be twisted and turned in 1000 ways. Wouldn't ask for a 'copy' of anything from Seven Fingers though - besides, hand wrought, the detail of these pieces is more distinct and naturalistic, IMO.

earring15_big.jpg

Don't want to barge into this tread... I tend to look more into the work of smaller designer shops (some are fairly well known) than brands. And sometimes, there is some potential resemblance, like this case.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
hi---easter egg hunting....................the alhambra i am considering is in white gold with chalcedony.............love it but the prices seems ludicrous....maybe i am just cheap

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2006 2:45:24 PM
Author: windowshopper
hi---easter egg hunting....................the alhambra i am considering is in white gold with chalcedony.............love it but the prices seems ludicrous....maybe i am just cheap

So am I then.
28.gif

Love blue chalcedony to death - it is one of my favorite jewelry stones! But ... DIY design is forever more tempting, especially considering what money can buy.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of a VCA Alhambra necklace?

(I went to their website, and decided I''d die of old age before it loaded...I have dial up...
20.gif
)

BTW...why do all the fancy big name jewelers have such difficult websites???? Grrrrr
29.gif

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not on the website at all ( or any other!)...
38.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 3:17:09 PM
Author: widget
Does anyone have a picture of a VCA Alhambra necklace?

(I went to their website, and decided I''d die of old age before it loaded...I have dial up...
20.gif
)

BTW...why do all the fancy big name jewelers have such difficult websites???? Grrrrr
29.gif

widget
their website is painful! one does comme up though.....gold with mother of pearl. I am also debating the TIffany & co platinum, keshi pearl and diamond (peretti) necklace...................

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
windowsopper, sorry that it''s very late reply...I don''t know why I missed this topic.
I love VCA, and have necklace & ring etc.
my degital camera act strange,so when I fix it, I will take more pic,
alhambra has many style.
are you talking this necklace?

P1180075.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
this one?

P1180077.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
this is SÓCRATES.
( I changed chain,as I didn''t like it)

P1180078.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
my favorite!

P1180081.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
btw,alhambra design@inspire from alhambra palace.very beautiful.

P1180076.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results