shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS Returned item received broken question

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have that much experience with postal insurance. I've never had to file a claim. I purchased a picture and when it arrived it had a big masking tape X on the glass but I didn't like the color so I re-packaged it up in it's original box and sent it back using their priority label. They contacted me saying the picture arrived broken back to them and they want me to file a claim. My question is, how would I file a claim since I didn't purchase the insurance or pay for the postage, THEY did. Not only that, they taped the glass, how am I to know it wasn't broken to begin with since I didn't inspect it. I think they would have to file the claim on their end. What do you think?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It sounds as if they didn't insure it. Most often if I have to send a pkg back and it is valuable, I must insure it. If the pkg is not insured you will have to pay for the damage. Its common practice to put tape over glass to prevent the glass from going all over the place and stops some breakage. I hope it was wrapped in something else to cushion it.. I think they will make you responsible and deduct the price of the glass and perhaps installation of the new glass. Sorry I don't have better news.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results