shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS and FedEx in the US right now

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I don't live in the US but have several items in transit right now with USPS and FedEx. I am wondering if USPS and FedEx have been impacted by the ongoing looting at all? Has there been actual looting of post offices and trucks? I have two items in particular that have not been scanned since the initial "electronic label created, not yet in system" state for like a week and I'm not sure if that's just normal backlog due to the pandemic, or if they've been actually been lost or something. I try not to check the tracking status so often as seeing that message is almost triggering for me.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is par for the course with postoffice tracking nothing changes then delivered.
Sometimes happens with fedex.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is par for the course with postoffice tracking nothing changes then delivered.
Sometimes happens with fedex.

Thanks! What about FedEx? Should one be worried at all about FedEx trucks getting raided?
I have purchased a gift for someone in the US, which is coming from Japan. It was stuck at the Japan export place for like 2 weeks, and I believe it's left Japan and will arrive shortly. It's headed to a metropolitan city and I'm super anxious that it will get stolen.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on the City, yes. I've seen some video of Fedex Trucks being raided.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anything is possible these days but the tracking is not a good indication it has gone wrong.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my purchases are stuck in the Chicago area. Others have arrived on time or early, both UPS and FEDEX.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you know American's we tend to be loud etc. I have not read of anything items stolen from the USPS or Fedex.. I sent my son bread flour and yeast from a company in Ohio, they said when they finally get the flour and yeast in stock they will send me a tracking # for UPS well I got nada but the flour and yeast finally showed up earlier this week.. I think things are just haywire for a bit. I look forward to seeing your new bling if you share it! Peace.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have noticed the same with my packages, a label is created then no updates until day of delivery (and not even then in some cases). Pure speculation on my part - I believe tracking is worse because more packages are traveling by ground than air these days. Airlines/cargo are better at scanning and tracking.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a lot of packages are moving but they're skipping the scanning. I have had several things go from "label created" for a week and then they're "out for delivery" the next day. Especially with UPS and USPS personally.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Some of my purchases are stuck in the Chicago area. Others have arrived on time or early, both UPS and FEDEX.

This. Several packages were stuck for weeks in USPS's system in the Chicago area prior to all the current unrest. And as others have stated, all of sudden, they appear on the tracking radar. Not sure what the hold-up is. Perhaps it's due to COVID risk management for workers? I know that's an issue with Canada Post.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Chicago has had significant issues with supply lines throughout the pandemic, mostly in the form of delays. I would expect no less from other densely populated areas throughout the USA.

However, I received a FedEx shipment from Sri Lanka (an expensive gem, no less) in Chicago successfully with small delays and a scary mishap right before the protests. If you get worried, call the main numbers. There was an issues with my package where they somehow wrote down the wrong delivery address. o_O I called and called and asked for a manager to help, and despite being based in Cincinnati she helped me track down / made calls to the Chicago distributor to make sure I got my package when I explained to her how expensive / meaningful it was to me.

I would absolutely prepare for delays. Pharmacies and my neighborhood in Chicago had no shipments come in for 3 days to prevent looting. Definitely do not panic about lagging updates to FedEx/USPS - most shipping companies in the USA are awful about that stuff...I have had a few packages come through in the last few days, one supposed to be delivered today that didn't come...there is a lot of room for human error. good luck

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
We actually have been affected by it. My husband has been expecting a package for a few days. He finally checked the tracking and the actual reason for it not being delivered is "civil unrest". Not surprising they will not deliver since there has been protesting literally up the road from where we live all week. I expect his package to be delayed for awhile. Hopefully you will not experience this though since you do not live here.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m outside of Chicago 40 miles and having no problems with my packages. Some have come early.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thus far, UPS and FedEx shipments out of 47th street have been reliable.......

eta- although jewelry shipments have been going smoothly I've experienced plenty of delays on personal Amazon shipments- that I've been waiting on.....
And USPS- which had been quite good before....it sometimes takes a first class letter two weeks to get here....

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody who chimed in for providing some perspective on how things are. I'm not worried or bothered by delays as I'm already used to that anyways. I'm just a bit worried about the FedEx items getting stolen possibly. I also remembered I have an item that was supposed to come to the US from Thailand but DHL sent it to Germany instead, taking about a month to arrive there, and it's been sitting there for more than two weeks now. It was under $300 so nothing major, and at this point I have no energy to try to call DHL or whoever is in possession of the package now to hunt it down.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
our problem in NZ is there arnt enough airoplanes flying at the moment to bring in all the mail and overseas online orders we are ordering
this must also be having an effect in other places

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results