shape
carat
color
clarity

USA Certed Diamonds Review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Onemax

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with Martin @ USA Certed Diamonds on my engagement ring purchase.

First, I would like to thank eveyone on here for lending their expertise and opinions. You have all been amazing in guiding me in the right direction and I am very very pleased with my purchase! Thank you pricescope! Thank you USA Certed Diamonds!

After 4 months of searching I finally settled on a diamond and with the help of Martin @ USA Certed Diamonds we were able to bring the ring in to view. Martin was always quick to answer and return calls and helped me every step of the way. He was always upfront and honest about the details and was simply a pleasure to deal with. My main concern was that the diamond was "eye-clean" and Martin assured me this one was. Once I received the stone I was in awe at how stunning it was and I couldn''t be happier to present it when I ask my girl fireind to marry me tomorrow night!

As for the setting:
My family Jewller fell through (long story) so Martin refered me to his Jewller (Victor) who did an absolute amazing job with the ring. The workmanship is second to none!

Now for the details:

Diamond
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.43 - 7.46 x 4.56 mm
Carat Weight: 1.55 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Setting
I went with 18ct White Gold as I was worried the platinum would dull quickly... but who knows.
I used a Birks ring (below) as a guide but modified it slightly. It now has 24 (12 on each side - 3/4''s of the way around the band) 1.5pt paves around the band and 11 1.1pt paves around the "neck" below the prongs. The jewler said that all 35 diamonds are around G VS1 and the total ct weight of everything is 2.03ct.

Birks Decor Collection, Solitaire Diamond Pave Engagement Ring
http://www.birks.com/index.asp?cFlag=products&n=1&PageID=3&SKU=914122&SecID=64&CatID=712&LangID=1

I will take pictures as soon as I can and will post on here after my engagement tomorrow night!

Thanks again for all your help over the past 5 months, it has been a crazy journey and I loved every minute of it. I definately have a greater appreciation for diamonds after this experience.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Onemax,

I wondered how you were getting on, congrats on finding your diamond and best of luck with the proposal!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting! Good luck with your proposal! She will love it!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The ring sounds lovely. I am always looking for a good jeweler in Toronto. Can you post the full contact information for Victor?

Onemax

Rough_Rock
Rose Jewllery
416-366-1157

21 Dundas Square
Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results