shape
carat
color
clarity

US California vs Oregon Sales tax

949r6

Rough_Rock
Greetings everyone. My girlfriend and I recently got engaged, with the help of pricescope!, and now looking for family gifts....and seeking advice yet again.

In order to optimize our budget, we were looking to purchase two Rolex Watches from either a Rolex store or AD in Oregon (0% sales tax).

My main concern are taxes & warranty implications as it relates to out of state purchases.
1. In the scenario that we fly (make a trip with the potential sales tax savings) to Oregon and make an in store purchase: While I realize it is the responsibility of the individual to declare the purchase when coming back to their individual home state (California with a 8.75% sales tax) to assess tax, do the AD or Rolex stores report sales by individual? More directly, to what extent will I be tracked down for sales taxes? :evil2:
2. Or order online from an AD seller? I'm not sure if this applies to all online orders from AD's but some AD's will not charge sales tax on shipped orders.
2. What are the implications of warranty? does Rolex honor online purchases?

Personally, for myself, I have no problems going grey market & have purchased from davidsw. But when it comes to gifts, I feel the need to go with an AD or a Rolex store.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results