shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgently need expert opinion ......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
PS experts, Please help check out this stone since i need to make decision fast
33.gif

It is AGS000, HCA score 0.9, H&A pattern is yet to be observed, according to the seller it has beautiful H&A.
The AGS cert numbers are as below:
table: 56
depth: 60.9
crown angle: 34.4
pav angle: 40.7
girdle: 1.7 (1.2 - 2.1)
The sarin numbers are as below:
Dia. 7.78 (7.75 - 7.82) Depth: 4.75mm 61.1%
Tbl. 55.8 56.4 56.4 55.9 weight: 1.738
Girdle height: 3.1% (2.8% - 3.2%) Medium
Culet off 0.3% Table off 0.2% Table 4.37mm 56.2%
Crown 34.4 34.5 34.4 34.5 33.9 34.5 34.5 34.6
Pav. 40.7 40.7 40.9 40.8 40.9 40.7 40.7 40.5

Sorry I don''t have link for you to see the diamond since I got these info from my local jeweler.

thank you!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
JJ that all checks out on DiamCalc. If the symmetry is even clse to H&A''s I would expect it is a keeper
36.gif

If you can see it thru an ideal-scope that would be the only other due diligence you could really achieve
36.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock

To my untrained eye looks ok… tho since you haven’t mentioned colour and clarity, I assume when you say AGS 000 that that refers to it being graded 0 for cut, 0 for polish and 0 for symmetry, rather than the (I believe) original meaning of cut colour and clarity (ie a Ideal cut D IF)

The row of numbers posted I guess to mean the individual mains ie crown is 34.4° (33.9-34.6°) and pav 40.7° (40.5-40.9°)

More the most part the angles seem tight… but I’ll leave it up to a more experienced poster to comment… given that rouge crown angle at 33.9° - though that is still within ‘ideal’ crown angle range.

So the Sarin seems to confirm what the AGS has certed it as being.

If you want to see the H&A and either your or your jeweller doesn’t have a H&A viewer, then if you get him to put the diamond in a pair of lockable tweezers. Then make a loose fist with one hand, and the tweezers in the other. The move the diamond into your fist so you can see it from above – and with the light restricted as it is inside your fist you should be able to make out the arrows from table up… turn over the tweezers and from cutlet up you should be able to make out the hearts… its not the best way to check.. as they will be very small – but would give an indication.

But the main thing… how does it look to your eyes?

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
See the expert with the big fancy and expensive diamond programme has already checked out before I get here with my fumblings.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
By the numbers, it looks stunning and like a TOTAL keeper!

As long as it performs visually as the #s suggest it should, I''d say you found a winner!

JC

Shiny_Rock
jelyjelo,

Definitely a great choice! You obviously have nice taste. Good luck, although I don''t think that you''ll need it....

9.gif

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the fast response. I am so happy that everybody approve of it
9.gif

I will check the H&A next as Garry suggested - luckily my jeweler has H&A viewer and she will help me check it out too. Now it''s time to put all the cutting knowledge I''ve learned from PS into use - an ultimate test of myself
21.gif

PS. sorry I forgot to mention the color and clarity: G VS1 -- I love this part!

I will let you know the result soon.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
that diamond sounds scrumptious if the price is right :)

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
The price is just below 16k. Sounds good???

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
Finally I have seen the stone!!!

It''s a really white and clean stone. It has very beautiful H&A patterns. I like the Arrow pattern more since it shows good balance of all parts and a lot of ''black'' area other than the arrow themselves - I think that indicates good scintillation.
There is only one thing that worries me: the heart patten shows two hearts smaller then the others - at least that''s what it looks to me. This is my first time using H&A viewer, so I could be wrong.

I would like to know, if indeed it''s true that a couple of hearts are smaller, it''s no longer perfect hearts hence no longer true H&A by PS standard. Is it still worth the $15900 price tag?

It''s a pretty stone and I do like it. But I don''t want to buy a not 100% H&A and paying H&A price. So please help me out here
33.gif
15.gif

PS, most of the stones I''ve seen looked pretty to me (unless I put all of them side by side), even a CZ looks good to me. So you see I have untrained eyes, I can not buy diamond base on what I see. I have to use solid numbers and pictures to prove them right -- sorry, I was math major so I love ''numbers'' and ''proving'' stuff
37.gif

I am going to see the stone again on Friday, please let me know what specific things I need to check.

Thanks guys for helping!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Great specs, size & a reasonable price.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the specs sound great...

as for the two smaller hearts and paying for H&A...do you really feel as though you are paying for 'H&A' labeling with that price, that size, color, clarity etc? with the 2 smaller heart it should not technically be a H&A, just as my ES is not technically H&A even though the pattern looks fabulous to me. it's just not branded.

compare it to some other stones online in terms of price and specs...it sounds to me like $16k for a stone that size of that color and clarity is a reasonable price even with the 2 smaller hearts and no H&A branding. if you like the look of it...that is a very hard to find size range!

but do the comparisons, then you will know for sure!

good luck, sounds great!

edited to add, i checked the 'price stats' link up above and according to those charts, a H&A 1.78 G VS1 should be around $15877 and a AGA 1A 1.78 G VS1 should be around $15790. So if those are to be believed and this stone is not technically a H&A, you are still right around where you should be..maybe a tiny bit off but those charts are not always *spot on*...depends on the vendor.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick search and non-H&A diamonds listed as ideal in your color, clarity and weight are around the price you''re listing. It sounds like you''ve found a good deal, particularly if the patterning is nice - as you have described it to be.

Thumbs up.

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody!
I agree. Even tho the price listed on "price stats" is about 450 lower than mine (1.74ct), consider these prices are as of July 2004, I guess they have gone up by now. So, it''s a winner, even tho it didn''t have perfect hearts
36.gif

I am going to do something fun tho this weekend - I am going to bring the diamond (and my boyfriend) to do a side by side comparison of this stone with a 8* !

I know the chance that I can convience my boyfriend to spend 10k more (actually more than 10k extra) to buy the 8*
is probably 0.1%, it''s worth a try
31.gif
and it would be fun to see the difference.
Besides, he has never seen a PERFECT heart&arrow pattern before - time to get enlightened
9.gif

I will post the diamond picture (once I get a digital camera with Macro) as eye candy for you later.

Thanks again for all your help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
jl,
Sounds like you found a winner, keep us posted on what the bf thinks of the 8*, and post pics when you can, good luck!!!
1.gif

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
Update on the 8* comparison:

short version: NO comparison!!!!
My bf was totally impressed and he already has that perfect 8* h&A images carved in his mind.
He said it''s hard to forget about it. I only have that "told you so......" in my mind
31.gif

Anyway, no way we are going to spend twice as much to go for a 8* name.
It''s just fun to see it -- talking about "eye candy", we just enjoyed the sweetest candy in the world.

Longer version: After we put our diamond under firescope we couldn''t even find the arrows. Under ideal scope the arrow
shows well but skinny and my bf notice some crooked shafts. The hearts are split, among the two smaller
ones one of them is about half of the size.

So my heart is as broken as the diamond hearts now

39.gif

Anyway, with so many good on-line vendors here providing excellent diamonds and so many wonderful people here on PS to help, I am sure the perfect diamond is out there waiting for me

21.gif

The little secret of mine: I am glad that I will be able to hang out here longer on PS. I like it here

2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are happy to have you among us!!! Stick around the experts will be glad to find you the stone of your dreams!!!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Too bad it wasn''t the one for you, jelyjelo.

As for "getting" to hang out here a bit longer...Honey, you don''t EVER have to leave here.

Some of us never have.
35.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2005 8:5:31 PM
Author: jelyjelo

Update on the 8* comparison:

short version:; NO comparison!!!!
... anything like this ?
2.gif

pic%201.jpg

arrows3.jpg
hearts.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course there will be no comparison with an 8* against a stone that doesn''t show the H&A pattern and is not going to be precisely as cut...however I''d love to see an ACA against an 8* or a SC against an 8* or GOG against an 8* etc...I bet the differences would be harder to pick out between the two. But the wallet knows the difference.
2.gif

I''ve seen 8* in person and yes they are very beautiful, but not any more beautiful to my eye than many of the ideal H&A cuts I have seen..every eye will be different but that is partially why I could not justify paying that much of a premium...it''d be fun to have a very tiny 8* to play around with but only if it was like a M I1 so that it would be cheap!
9.gif

jelyjelo

Rough_Rock
Hey what happen to the cute girl icon of yours Mara??? I love that one! It''s YOU - signatured image
2.gif

Ana, I was just looking at this baby on GOG and showing it to my bf. Too bad it''s out of our budget but I am using these nice beautiful images to feed my bf''s mind -- so he will gradually accept the budget increase a little bit at a time. See, the 8* trip worked. He said "I am willing to pay more for a true H&A". Heehehe
31.gif

Thank you everybody for the kind words and help! That''s exactly why I want to hang out here -- everybody''s sooooo sweet (sweeter than the 8*
21.gif
)

Now u will have to KICK me out of here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results