shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent! ->Radiant Diamond Comparison

JForeman

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm in the process of proposing to my girlfriend and I have frequently checked out posts on this forum for input. I have been on the search for 2 weeks and I was close on purchasing a diamond when another option came up that has me struggling to make a decision. Both vendors have had to have the stones shipped in and I have received excellent customer service from both. Since they incur a cost to bring the stones in, I plan on giving like $50 for the trouble to whomever I don't go with in the end. Service after the sale will be the same for both vendors.

Overall, I've seen both in person and I like both but here is the line up, what are your thoughts!?

1) Radiant, Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
-1.74 carat
-G, seemed pretty clear.
-VS1, I was unable to see anything with the standard loop
-Polish: Excellent
-Symmetry: Excellent
-Fluorescence: None
-Girdle: Slightly Thick - Thick
-Depth percentage: 70.3%
-Measurements: 7.81 x 6.03 x 4.24
-Special Observation Notes: Man does this thing sparkle! I did not notice any crushed-ice or bow-tie effect. Just wish it was slightly larger, but not really a deal breaker, I still like the size.

2) Radiant, Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
-1.81 carat
-H, could not see a yellow tint with my eye.
-Flawless, I was unable to see anything with the standard loop
-Polish: Excellent
-Symmetry: Excellent
-Fluorescence: Faint, Couldn't really tell a difference, but this was inside of the store, could not take outside.
-Girdle: Thick - Very Thick
-Depth percentage: 69.9%
-Measurements: 7.94 x 6.19 x 4.33
-Special Observation Notes: Seems larger from the surface view, has a very good sparkle to it (not as much as option #1 though but very close!), seems like there is a very faint bow-tie
-$400 cheaper than option #1.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you post the photos of the stones? you cannot buy a radiant off numbers, so its difficult for us to give advice w/o seeing them.

JForeman

Rough_Rock
Here are the photos. My girlfriend did not take a good picture of option 1 though. Do you all see anything wrong with the 1.81 option #2 in the photo?

option_1_-_1.jpg

option_2_-_radiant_cut_-_h_-_flawless_-_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results