shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent HELP!

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have seiously decided to get engaged and have proceeded into finding a ring! yay :D ! However, through my search I have found three setting that I am utterly in love with. But wait, it gets worse.... I love oval AND cushion cut center stones and have not been able to decide which one to get. I assume that it might depend on which setting I choose, but I really need your help fellow diamond lovers. The settings I am looking at are below :

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER6697W44JJ

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER6711W44JJ

http://jschreckerjewelry.theromancediamond.com/item_detail.php?x=117077-075&y=2#

Please Let me know what you think, which one you like the best, and which diamond shape you think would look best with each style.
p.s. we are looking for a 1-1.5 carat oval or cushion, and if anyone knows which we could get the most for our money out of these two styles that really might help.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well what are you looking for in the end? That second one looks very antiquey, so that with an AVC or something would be very cute. The first one is less unique, and I think could fit either. I am not sure what one your 3rd one is linking to, is it a plain shank with diamonds in the prongs?

I love an AVC, but I do love a good oval too, and an oval would probably be cheaper than an AVC ( if thats what youre looking for) and an oval faces up larger.

ETA Those settings are a lot for Gabriel and Co, you might consider at that price gettng a setting with a nicer melee
something like this is similar and they use high quality melee ( not trying to give you more to decide haha) But then BGD should be able to source you an oval
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/engraved-cathedral-18k-white-gold-5453w18

or ritani is nice, and GOG sells that if you want a AVC

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd setting and I think it would look great with an AVC, as nielseel suggested.

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
The third style that I was trying to show you is the file that I have copied to this reply. Thank you for your replies thus far.

theromancering.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you been into some jewellery stores to try on Ovals and Cushions? It might be easier to decide once you try some on :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1354480252|3320676 said:
I like the 2nd setting and I think it would look great with an AVC, as nielseel suggested.

I love the second setting especially with an antique cushion like an AVC!

What is your diamond budget?

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
Actually I should just post the leading two together so everyone doesnt have to click on links. The first of which, I have found very similar styles that are almost identical and not as expensive as the Simon G. designer example below. Do you all know of any other brands that are very similar with a lower price tag with good quality? :confused: I tend to like bands that are close to .60 ctw and am madly in love with both of these. :bigsmile:

simon_g_ring.jpg

_2151.jpg

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
I have :(( haha I thought it would make the decision much easier but it just confermed that I think both look great and am totally at an impass. I think it will come down to which can i get more for the money :naughty:

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1354482828|3320716 said:
stargurl78|1354480252|3320676 said:

I love the second setting especially with an antique cushion like an AVC!

What is your diamond budget?

Our budget is anywhere from 5-7,000. I would like to keep it as low as possible.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd suggest you connect with IDJ - Luann or Yekutiel - because they have an amazing history of working well within PSers budgets and they also carry Gabriel (as do other vendors like GOG for example). It may be a worthwhile call to just run some ideas by them, they can send you links and info and then you can post here what they come up with.

Just a thought! :))

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both, but it all depends on the side view of the second stone you posts pictures of (I'm assuming you knocked out the first link above?) do you have any side views?

One says antique, the other says modern, which are you?

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
Mico|1354486737|3320758 said:
I like them both, but it all depends on the side view of the second stone you posts pictures of (I'm assuming you knocked out the first link above?) do you have any side views?

One says antique, the other says modern, which are you?

Yes I have dropped the first style. Not very crazy about it like I am the others.

Please tell me if this link works or not:

http://jschreckerjewelry.theromancediamond.com/item_detail.php?x=117077-075&y=2#

- this is all views of the ring from the romance diamond bridal collection. It is very simple and I love the size of the pave side stones and the very thin halo.

I have seen both of these styles in person, however the more romantic style I have only the designer Simon G. version, but I like how the Gabriel and Co. design has more of a cathedral shank seen below, vs. the straight shank of the designer.

er6711w44jj-2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that link takes us to a series of pictures of that brand ring, not a specific ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1354492349|3320830 said:
No, that link takes us to a series of pictures of that brand ring, not a specific ring.

Sorry for the links not working
here are some screen shots of the more modern design

sideromance.jpg

othersideromance.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
It's a completely personal decision - but definitely try on some rings at the mall and NOT buy any! :) Then come here to order from reputable PS vendors. I'm not a fan of the more modern one above because I feel it's been done so many times. That said, maybe not in real life with people you know - so it would be unique in your circle. I love that antique looking Gabriel & Co - and one option to get more bang for your buck would be to explore antique cushions in lower colors.

It's best for you to take a look at GIA certed diamonds (so the colors are standardized) in real lighting, not that crazy sparkly lighting, to see what color preference you have. It's all about what YOU like. We're here to give advice but in the end, you'll be looking at it all day long and you should be THRILLED with it! :)

What are do you live in so we can send you someplace to try on rings? Ovals are not so common, but becoming more so since Blake Lively got one!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baulieu|1354497200|3320907 said:
diamondseeker2006|1354492349|3320830 said:

Sorry for the links not working
here are some screen shots of the more modern design

Okay, there are lots of settings like that. I think we could help you find one that may be better made, too. Gabriel and Co. also has pretty halo settings. The advantage to that style is that it makes the diamond look larger.

This one kind of combines some things you like about the SimonG setting and the halo setting:

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER6989W44JJ

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, i was just looking at the settings, not the centers. I figured they wouldn't fit an oval, but possibly a cushion.

:naughty: ?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1354500950|3320956 said:
sorry, i was just looking at the settings, not the centers. I figured they wouldn't fit an oval, but possibly a cushion.

:naughty: ?

Ah yes in that case great finds! Guess you could always take those centers out and sell them on DB too!

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
Mico|1354499659|3320939 said:

Ah, The second one that you drool over is amazing!!!!! I also had to wipe some spittle up haha. That would look amzing wth an oval center stone. Thank you for the suggestions.

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
webdiva|1354499412|3320933 said:
It's a completely personal decision - but definitely try on some rings at the mall and NOT buy any! :) Then come here to order from reputable PS vendors. I'm not a fan of the more modern one above because I feel it's been done so many times. That said, maybe not in real life with people you know - so it would be unique in your circle. I love that antique looking Gabriel & Co - and one option to get more bang for your buck would be to explore antique cushions in lower colors.

It's best for you to take a look at GIA certed diamonds (so the colors are standardized) in real lighting, not that crazy sparkly lighting, to see what color preference you have. It's all about what YOU like. We're here to give advice but in the end, you'll be looking at it all day long and you should be THRILLED with it! :)

What are do you live in so we can send you someplace to try on rings? Ovals are not so common, but becoming more so since Blake Lively got one!

I have ran into that problem. I do not live in an area where the few smaller, more reputable vendors offer a wide selection of fancy diamonds, or a wide selection of brands. :( Most of what I encounter is that they may have a a few loose cushion diamonds for sale and even fewer oval for sale, most of which are under 1 carat :nono: Only 2 places that I have visited had any ovals for sale and only one had only 2 mounted!! (I tried them both on with delight haha) Every place we have been to tells me that they can order what we would like, but I get the distinct feeling that they expect us to buy if they order. Not really sure what the proper ediquette is on that??

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
Boy do I have a story for you all today! I went shopping again today to decide between these two styles and the decision became painfully clear. The one store with the more modern style with the small halo priced me the style done specifically in an oval headstone shape and was a whopping 2600 dollard with a discount! Then priced me the 1.25ct oval center stone they had that I was thinking about mounting in that style and it was a whopping 5700 dollars. So I thought ok stay calm and asked what the specifications of the diamond were starting with grade of the cut and the woman (who owns the store) asked what I meant, "Did I mean cut of the diamond?" she asked and I replied no, I meant is it a good, excellent, or ideal cut diamond and then asked if it was GIA certified and she informed me it was not, then I asked who it was certified by and she informed me it was not certified at all. This super bothered me. Should I be bothered so much by this? I just felt like I had no idea what I was paying for without some kind of certification or standardized scale. Either way I the total of 8300 was ridiculous for that engagement ring alone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I would not buy a stone (unless it was an old cut, and there are caveats to that) that was uncertified. And don't buy any of the BS about "our staff is GIA trained and able to grade diamonds as well as the GIA"... NO. Not okay. And lying A lab report is 300 bucks. That's it. You know who it saves money? The jeweler. Because they can list a J SI1 as an H VS2 and mark that puppy up.

What's your budget for an oval?

Baulieu

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1354578332|3321692 said:
Yes. I would not buy a stone (unless it was an old cut, and there are caveats to that) that was uncertified. And don't buy any of the BS about "our staff is GIA trained and able to grade diamonds as well as the GIA"... NO. Not okay. And lying A lab report is 300 bucks. That's it. You know who it saves money? The jeweler. Because they can list a J SI1 as an H VS2 and mark that puppy up.

What's your budget for an oval?

My budget is 4500.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results