shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent help needed, look@GIA from HW, should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Hello this is my first post and I hope all you wonderful, knowledgeable people can help me out. We are in the process of getting an engagement ring custom made from Harry Winston in Las Vegas. I am very excited, as it''s the gorgeous cushion with micropave setting on their website!
30.gif
My fiancé and I live in Japan and are not able to view the available diamonds before putting down a deposit. However, working with Tony has been great and he assures us he has found a beautiful stone. He has made a great offer as well, but we must act quickly!

Here are the specs. off the GIA cert. What can you tell me about this stone? Is it a keeper? I appreciate any and all replies!
36.gif

Shape and Cutting Style: CUSHION BRILLIANT
Measurements.....7.00 x 6.35 x 4.01 mm
Weight................1.27 carat
Proportions
Depth..................63.1%
Table...................63%
Girdle...................VERY THIN TO THICK FACETED
Culet....................NONE
Finish
Polish...................EXCELLENT
Symmetry.............GOOD
Clarity Grade.........VVS2
Color Grade...........F
Fluorescence.........NONE

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
I am eagerly waiting to see what you all think of the above cushion.
35.gif
I mostly want to know if it will look small for it's size or not and if it will really sparkle! Also wanted to add that my finger size is a small 3.5.

Here's a scanned magazine pic that I found on this very site of the ring I'm getting!
30.gif
I can't seem to link or lift the one from the Harry Winston website. Does anyone know how to save it off their site? I tried the Alt, Ctrl, PrtSc, thing but it didn't work on my pc. I would really appreciate if someone could post the pic here! It's the frontal view of the Cushion engagement ring with pave diamond setting that I want off their site.

harrywinstoncushion.jpg

Looking forward to some replies!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you post the link to the HW ring...i'd love to see it
1.gif

ETA: I see the pic now, it's gorgeous
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am no expert on cushions, or any shape diamond for that matter. I'm just starting to learn about cushions myself since that's what I want for my future upgrade. I do know that fancy shapes are harder to judge from the numbers alone. The cushion you posted has a nice spread for the carat weight and i'd be very surpised if HW did not put a gorgeous stone in one of their custom settings
1.gif

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Mrsslavo,

Thank you for showing some interest! At this time, the only thing I can tell you is to go to: http://www.harrywinston.com Click on Engagement and then on rings. It will be the first ring to come up! The Pave Diamond Setting that offers an elegant alternative to the Harry Winston solitaire. If you are able to save the pic and post it here I would be thrilled!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the pic

HWjapan.png

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I''m not an expert either but I am looking at cushions at the moment and the stone you are interested in has a nice spread. I don''t know how to post that pic from HW for you but I checked it out and it is soooo gorgeous!! It reminds me of Winnie''s ring which Mark T at engagementringsdirect had custom made for her.Hope she doesn''t mind me posting her pics!

ERING002ex.a.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a gorgeous ring!!! Looking forward to the hand pics!!!
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
angelinjapan, is that picture you posted the HW ring? The shank of the ring looks different..i.e., it is ever so rounded with fishtail/french pave detailing whereas the one on the HW site looks prongset.

Pixie

Rough_Rock
That is my dream ring!! Once I saw it on the Bachelor, I fell in love with it. I got engaged 5 years ago before I knew anything about pave. My husband is now getting me an anniversary ring since we''ve been together for 10 years. I wanted to get this ring, but now I''ve decided on a 3 stone instead. Of course seeing this ring makes me want it again so badly!!!!! Hmmmmm, should I stop the search for a radiant with trillion sides and go back to cushion with pave halo?...

Harry Winston is smart enough to protect the pictures on their website. You might need a hacker to figure out how to paste the picture here...

Pixie

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo,

how did you post the pic from hw? i love to learn new things on the web...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what many of us have learned, with fancy cuts, the numbers just don''t tell you what you want to know. That said, Harry Winston is a high-end jeweler and it would be hard to imagine them putting anything less than a really fine stone in one of their rings. If you are happy with the service they are providing and the price meets your budget, it''s likely a great combination.

Good luck and please post pictures when you have the ring in person.

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock

Thanks mrssalvo for posting the pic off the HW site! How did you manage to do it? That is indeed the ring of my dreams!

Slammie, I''m pretty sure the pic I posted is of the same HW ring. I think it was MelissaSue who scanned and posted it orginally. You can see the prongs if you look really closely.

I''ve been to the Harry Winston''s here in Osaka half a dozen times already to drool over it!!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I don''t think i was clear. What I meant was the shank or the band of the ring. The picture you posted has a slightly rounded band with french/fishtail cuts on the side. The HW pic on the site has more of a straight sharp edge. Hope I''m making sense..in any case it''s lovely but I prefer the one you posted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
slammie, i agree with you. the bands do look different. the french pave, like on your rings is on the first picture and the ring from the HW site does look to be prong set.

ETA: angelainjapan...as long as you know the exact ring your purchasing please don't let us confuse you. both are beautiful..

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know fancy shapes are hard to visualize from proportions or any other numbers... Cushions especially...

I would suggest to you strongly to trust HW, the firm baring his name are doing a great job keeping the late "Harry Winstom legacy alive".

After all he was considered at a certain time "The King of Diamonds".

I am certain you would not be dissapointed of you Cushion Diamond...

Enjoy

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the posts so far! I really appreciate everyones suggestions.

slammie and Mrsslavo, I honestly don''t know what a fishtail/french pave is! I can''t see the difference with my untrained eye.
41.gif
You all must be professionals!

I know I sure liked the ring when I saw it in person though!!
30.gif

vs

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful Harry Winston
cushion cut engagement ring! I am looking at the
same one as an early 10 year anniversary gift...
I was wondering if I could ask you what you paid.

I am looking at a ring between 1.7 to 2.25. Also,
how was your experience working with the staff
at Harry Winston and did they offer you a lower
price than what it was listed at?

Thanks in advance!

vs

Rough_Rock
Wondering how everything is going...did you get the ring?
If so, would love to see pictures. And, again, congratulations
on your beautiful HW engagement ring. It is gorgeous!

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Hello vs, and thanks for your messages. We are still in Japan waiting for my ring to be custom made. It takes 6 weeks so we'll fly to Vegas next month to purchase it. I can't wait!

Tony at HW has been great to work with and very accommodating, all by e-mails and phone calls so far. He even gave me his cell phone number and told me to call day or night. I caught him once on his day off while he was playing tennis, ha,ha! He is a very sweet man. He has promised to take us out to dinner when we come for the ring. He gave us $3,500 off the sticker price without me even asking for a discount. He also sent a large HW coffee table book by FedEx to us in Japan just because I made a comment about wanting to show my friends here a picture. The little things really add up, KWIM.

vs, you are looking for a stone quite a bit larger than mine so I have no idea what the price range would be. But it's so easy just to call up HW and tell them what you're looking for. Tony gave me prices right away before I had a chance to ask and was very friendly about it. Here's the number for their Las Vegas location, which we choose because it's a short distance away from my parents house: 702-933-7370. Good luck!

I'll be sure to post pictures next month when we get the ring! It's getting harder to sleep as the time approaches!

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Slammie, I just wanted to add that perhaps the 2 photos look different because the ring can be customized. I had many options regarding the pave and if I wanted it all the way around or just 3/4 or on the top and bottom as well.

Also thanks for posting pics of Winnie's Mark T. ring. I love it and you're right it looks just like the HW!

Tony took a picture for me of the diamond we selected. The GIA report is in my first post above. It's in a different setting now and they don't usually like to break them. But Tony assures me this is THE stone for me and I trust him.
36.gif
It's not the best picture, but what do you all think?
HW96047.jpg

Can you imagine it in the below setting?
30.gif

HWjapan.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angel, I think it will be magnificent! The cushion looks beautiful! And I like cushions in halos since they have a smaller diameter than rounds. I like the HW baguette setting the cushion was in, too! But your setting will make the stone look much bigger!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love it!! Of course, I''m super biased to halos hehe!

That being said...that ring is going to look HUGE on your hand size 3.5!! The diameter with the halo is going to push it close to 11mm x 11 mm or bigger! Congrats!

vs

Rough_Rock
Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for responding to my e-mail! I am sure the anticipation
is building up...I am very excited for both of you. I will be sure to call the
Harry Winston in Las Vegas and I will ask for Tony.

I will be traveling to Las Vegas in April to celebrate my Mom''s birthday so
I will be sure to take her and my sister with me when I visit the store. What
kind of custom work are they doing for you? Is the ring going to look
different than the pave setting that is shown here and on the website?

As I''ve said earlier, I''ve been married for almost 10 years and my
current ring is a 1.10 E VS1 oval with two .50 ovals on either
side. I love it but I am looking forward to a special ring to celebrate this
big milestone! I have also been looking at the Tiffany Legacy ring, but
I''m leaning towards the Harry Winston.

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks again for replying so
quickly! I can''t wait until you post pictures of your beautiful engagement
ring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results