shape
carat
color
clarity

Uppa Baby Vista Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who own one or are going to buy one, what color are you getting/do you have?

I''m torn between Carlin (green) and Mica (silver). I love the silver but I keep worrying about it getting too dirty compared to a color like green. I''m intrigued by red and orange but they are so bright!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ours is black. I liked that it was neutral and could hide spit up/other (
14.gif
) stains well.

ETA: Between the Carlin and the Mica, I'd go Carlin. Mica looks really light.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually a fan of bright colors, but we went with Red.

I liked the silver as well, but decided that we needed some color. I don't think we ever saw the green option.

I also assume I will be walking on alot of streets and crosswalks with the UPPA, and I want something that will catch a driver's eye if they aren't paying real close attention.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Volo has a silver canopy and it does get dirty. I hate it. Go for a darker color.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
we have the green, and i really like it. it isn''t a very dark green though, so it will show a bit of dirt. i recently saw the red in person and thought it was GORGEOUS!!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Black here too. I loved the mica, but didn''t get it due to the dirt issue. It wasn''t cheap, so I wanted something that would last through this baby and the next without looking terrible.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''d love black too actually but my DH is not a fan. Red is really pretty though... eek red or green?!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''m doing a lot of blues/greens though so I''m not sure Red would go with it since I have these cute stroller blankets too. I''m the WORST when it comes to deciding this stuff. I can go back and forth for hours!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night DH and I stopped in at our local Uppa dealer (hahaha, they''re like cars these strollers!) and checked out the new 2010 models. It it me or are they bigger than the ''09s? I don''t remember it looking so huge. But we still like it. I can''t get past the thought of spending so much on something like a stroller. We had better get a TON of usage out of it! We also looked at the bumbleride and the Bob. I loved the price point of the Bob, but it really just seems too utilitarian for us. We''re not runners or hikers so I don''t know that we need a full on off-roading stroller. But it is really cool. So I think my plan remains the same and that is to find an ''09 model (or even an ''08) on CL. I did find a Quinny recently that was super nice and only $299, but I hate that you can only use the Maxi Cosi infant seats with it. Oh and for colors on the Uppa, I love them all. Especially the limited edition yellow and I''m not a bright color fan. I think realistically we''d go with green, silver or black.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 7:35:14 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Last night DH and I stopped in at our local Uppa dealer (hahaha, they're like cars these strollers!) and checked out the new 2010 models. It it me or are they bigger than the '09s? I don't remember it looking so huge. But we still like it. I can't get past the thought of spending so much on something like a stroller. We had better get a TON of usage out of it! We also looked at the bumbleride and the Bob. I loved the price point of the Bob, but it really just seems too utilitarian for us. We're not runners or hikers so I don't know that we need a full on off-roading stroller. But it is really cool. So I think my plan remains the same and that is to find an '09 model (or even an '08) on CL. I did find a Quinny recently that was super nice and only $299, but I hate that you can only use the Maxi Cosi infant seats with it. Oh and for colors on the Uppa, I love them all. Especially the limited edition yellow and I'm not a bright color fan. I think realistically we'd go with green, silver or black.

HH - if I remember reading correctly, you live in the MA area? If so, you should call the Uppa HQ in Rockland and see what '09 models they have in stock. A friend of mine did this and was able to score a deep discount on a previous year model. They only offer the wholesale discount on "last" year's models and they are sometimes returns or exchanges, but have gone through a complete re-inspection.

We have the Uppa in orange and love it.
10.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good call SPHB! Thanks so much
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, have you looked at Baby Joggers City or Elite? Those are very nice strollers. I had narrowed it down between that and our BOB. Don''t forget about the REI member sale.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Tacori we haven''t. Admittedly our search has been somewhat limited because there are few places around us that carry a big selection of this kind of stroller. You would think in the Boston are there''d be a designer baby stroller superstore or something!

I''ve got an email out to the Uppa customer service about the ''09 models.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, check them out here. There was a time where REI carried them too which means you could time it to get 20% off. Not sure if they still do.

ETA: their new city select looks pretty cool if you know you will have your kids close together. I like it better than Phil & Ted's solution. Check it out. 16 different seat combos.

ETA 2: Not sure if any of these places are close to you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good call T

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
We have orange and I love it! It''s really not a bright orange, it''s a bit subdued.

Between the green and silver, I personally prefer the green. Have you seen the colors in person?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
We got the green one, and I love the colour. Yellow and silver were going to show too much dirt, I though. I''d have loved the orange, but DH didn''t like it as much.

The 2010 version is supposed to have better wheels and more importantly an extra position for the seat to be totally upright. That was one of the big complaints from people who had the previous models - that they had to prop their kids up because they always wanted to sit right up when they got older, and the seat just couldn''t go nearly vertical.

The think I love best about the stroller is the extendable handlebar and the way the rear axle is elevated and goes up through the basket. DH and I are both 6'' tall and have long strides, and all the other strollers we tried out had the rear axle getting in the way of our feet. Oh, and the sun coverage is fantastic with the pop-out SPF 50 shields for both the seat and the bassinet (the bassinet shield is built into the 2010 model).

We''re planning on having her sleep in the bassinet that it comes with in our room for the first while. The mattress feels nice and comfy.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just learned that they have a factory store at the factory and have refurbs/returns for as low as $200. So we''re going to go check them out sometime soon. And there is an REI right near there too so we''ll check out the others then as well.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uppababy is out of my league but I like green!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 1:58:40 AM
Author: violet02
I'm doing a lot of blues/greens though so I'm not sure Red would go with it since I have these cute stroller blankets too. I'm the WORST when it comes to deciding this stuff. I can go back and forth for hours!

I know your husband isn't a fan of black, but remind him that not only does black hide stains well, it goes with everything.
9.gif

(Take it from me...I'm currently running a load of clean baby laundry a second time this morning because I can't seem to get PRUNE stains out of his lighter-colored onesies.
14.gif
)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ew prunes gross. But what about spit up on black? Doesn't it stain it white? And I don't mean bleach, doesn't it get it white and crusty?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
HH-$200 is amazing! the green is gorgeous IMO and doesn''t get super dirty.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 4:46:43 PM
ew prunes gross. But what about spit up on black? Doesn't it stain it white? And I don't mean bleach, doesn't it get it white and crusty?

Spit up isn't that big of a deal, really (if you clean it up, that is!). Henry had an explosive spit-up in his bassinet when he was tiny and it came up with no remaining "evidence," but we washed it off pretty quickly.

His infant carseat is mostly champagne with black trim, and his drool stains left this sort of....wet-looking dry spot (if that makes sense) despite my spot cleaning it really well. That's more of what I'm thinking about.

When we went to visit our parents out of town, we borrowed a convertible carseat that had been used by two siblings. Close up, you could tell it'd been "loved"- it had marker on it, it'd been chewed, and it had probably seen a few spills. But because of the colors (black and grey) and print, it wasn't SUPER noticeable. I kept this in mind when we purchased H's convertible.

The Carlin looks really nice. I haven't seen it in person, but I bet it's more 'stain-friendly' than the silver.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
HH- one other thing, and only b/c I live in MA. Isis Maternity is offering a "stroller school" seminar on Saturday at their Needham store. From what it sounds like, they''re going to review the pro''s and con''s of various popular strollers. May be worth a look?

Also, for those looking at the Uppa, I''ve heard the cup holder (sold separately) is very flimsy. The woman at the stroller shop said the Bugaboo cup holder is much more secure and can be used with the Uppa. just an fyi.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 7:48:45 AM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Date: 3/4/2010 7:35:14 AM

Last night DH and I stopped in at our local Uppa dealer (hahaha, they''re like cars these strollers!) and checked out the new 2010 models. It it me or are they bigger than the ''09s? I don''t remember it looking so huge. But we still like it. I can''t get past the thought of spending so much on something like a stroller. We had better get a TON of usage out of it! We also looked at the bumbleride and the Bob. I loved the price point of the Bob, but it really just seems too utilitarian for us. We''re not runners or hikers so I don''t know that we need a full on off-roading stroller. But it is really cool. So I think my plan remains the same and that is to find an ''09 model (or even an ''08) on CL. I did find a Quinny recently that was super nice and only $299, but I hate that you can only use the Maxi Cosi infant seats with it. Oh and for colors on the Uppa, I love them all. Especially the limited edition yellow and I''m not a bright color fan. I think realistically we''d go with green, silver or black.

HH - if I remember reading correctly, you live in the MA area? If so, you should call the Uppa HQ in Rockland and see what ''09 models they have in stock. A friend of mine did this and was able to score a deep discount on a previous year model. They only offer the wholesale discount on ''last'' year''s models and they are sometimes returns or exchanges, but have gone through a complete re-inspection.

We have the Uppa in orange and love it.
10.gif

One thing to note though about the 2009 vs the 2010. There were a lot of improvements made between the two years that parents had complained about in previous years. The 2010 is supposed to have fixed a lot of these issues. I would look up what was fixed and see if it''s something that you care about (i think seat recline was one of the issues) before you opt for the 2009 over the 2010.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 11:18:37 AM
Author: drk
We got the green one, and I love the colour. Yellow and silver were going to show too much dirt, I though. I''d have loved the orange, but DH didn''t like it as much.

The 2010 version is supposed to have better wheels and more importantly an extra position for the seat to be totally upright. That was one of the big complaints from people who had the previous models - that they had to prop their kids up because they always wanted to sit right up when they got older, and the seat just couldn''t go nearly vertical.

The think I love best about the stroller is the extendable handlebar and the way the rear axle is elevated and goes up through the basket. DH and I are both 6'' tall and have long strides, and all the other strollers we tried out had the rear axle getting in the way of our feet. Oh, and the sun coverage is fantastic with the pop-out SPF 50 shields for both the seat and the bassinet (the bassinet shield is built into the 2010 model).

We''re planning on having her sleep in the bassinet that it comes with in our room for the first while. The mattress feels nice and comfy.

Sorry I missed that one line in your post that was essentially what I was trying to say in my last post! I''m really leaning towards green but I keep thinking silver will go with more. I keep thinking what if I have a girl next time around or get sick of a color??

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:09:52 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
HH- one other thing, and only b/c I live in MA. Isis Maternity is offering a ''stroller school'' seminar on Saturday at their Needham store. From what it sounds like, they''re going to review the pro''s and con''s of various popular strollers. May be worth a look?

Also, for those looking at the Uppa, I''ve heard the cup holder (sold separately) is very flimsy. The woman at the stroller shop said the Bugaboo cup holder is much more secure and can be used with the Uppa. just an fyi.

SPHB, I didn''t know you lived in MA! I''m in Attleboro.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Do you get snow? I ask b/c i have a black bugaboo and it gets dirty looking b/c of the salt used on the roads etc. (my son''s salty shoes leave white marks all over once melting snow dries) and if your kid eats in the stroller, black really shows crumbs as well as sand and dust. So bascially, i think anything light or dark is going to show dirt, but pick what you like. I just give my bug a scrub from time to time.

I like neutrals b/c, like you said, i like blankets, bags, accessories etc. to ''go'' with it. My kid will always match too
2.gif
Kinda silly, but hey, so is color preference in general right??

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!
I don''t post on here much anymore but I just had to add my $0.02 worth when I saw this thread.
I am so excited because I found an authorised seller that was willing to ship this stroller to me in Ireland!
It''s on order and I expect to receive it in the next week or 2. I ordered it in Maya. If it''s as good as it is described on Uppababy''s website then I will be one very happy lady! Baby is not due until 3rd May though, so won''t get to use it straight away. I can''t wait to get my hands on it though! How sad am I???
36.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 11:18:37 AM
Author: drk

I love that on our Uppa too. With most strollers we tried, my ankles were at risk unless I modified my stride. The amount of storage in the basket is great too -- I often skip getting a shopping basket at Target or the grocery store because I can fit so much in the bottom of the stroller.

We have the green color and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results