shape
carat
color
clarity

upload pics of your wedding theme here and the dress that go with it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoCute

Rough_Rock
hi im very interested what your wedding theme is and if you have a pictures please upload and share....... mine is well when i was young my favorite movie and books was Cinderalla ..
face23.gif
i remembered winning an art contest drawing of Cinderalla in Elemantary school hahaha those was the day but anywho i've always dreamed someday that prince charming will come and he did soooooooooooooo now im actually making my childhood's dream a reality for my wedding... Cinderalla coming to the ball with a winter wonderland theme??????? what yours??????

default.jpg

SoCute

Rough_Rock
im thinking about decorating the ball to be something like this with winter wonderland theme except nooo army going to stand up in the table ihihi maybe if we have some money left we would hire someone to dress up in a modern body guard outfit lol ..............

700_IMPERIAL_BALL_19.jpg

SoCute

Rough_Rock
this is me by the way.. i''m vietnamese soooo i have to add an traditional outfit it called AO DAI.... but im definitely keep the very deep dark pink eventhough i like white but they said white is baddd in ao dai especially if your vietnamese bc a vietnamese wedding a dead person wear white outfit and also a student too but it consider funderal day..... im a weirdo eventhough my wedding not going to be till at least 2year from now but im already start planning cuz i guess i want a very big wedding but i don''t have that kind of money like them TV wedding show on tv ... $60k for a celebrity wedding constant heck no...2million for that kind of wedding give me 2mil and i give u a better wedding then that with 200k budget and i keep the rest of the $$$..
face15.gif
i wish...

361418841_l.jpg

SoCute

Rough_Rock
ok since i''m a big fan with old vintage hollywood glamour this dress will be def my main dress... waiting to be on sale.... im in no hurry
emteeth.gif
sometime its good to plan ahead of time at least you know what you want and if at the last minute something better show up then i don''t mind the changed......

SoCute

Rough_Rock
opps here the dress

vintage222.jpg

SoCute

Rough_Rock
here a better view of the decoration at the ball ... it look like an expensive wedding but most of it i think my FI and i can do it on our own so we'll be ok i said no more than 40k budget for us... what about you guys what your estimates of budget??????????

n_lavish.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok those guard things are scary. They are mannequins. They aren''t even holding on to their sword. And they are all alike...kinda like some sort of science project on cloning gone awry. Help me!! My wedding reception was taken over by an army of sword wielding zombies!! Freaky.

The scene is lovely...but the image is quite disturbing. I can''t seem to get past that. Everything else you posted looks like a fairy tale!! You will be a princess. Do tell more...just omit the freaky clones in any future post, please.

DKS
2.gif

SoCute

Rough_Rock
sorry i didn''t mean to scare people with the soilders ahah... i love the blue background of this though... thats y i put it up

SoCute

Rough_Rock
arggghhh does anyone know how to edit this post and remove a picture?????????????? anyway here another view with the winterwonderland theme

lj201.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
40K is an ENORMOUS budget unless you're in Manhattan or something. And especially if you're in Viet Nam (or are you elsewhere, but Vietnamese?). If you guys (or your parents) are wealthy enough to pull that off without going into debt, lucky you! We won't spend anywhere near that, and we'll be having two wedding parties!

The pics look enchanting... except for the creepy soldier clones.

As for a theme, our theme is going to be 'Indy Gal and IG's FI get married.' heehee. No theme for us!

SoCute

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 11:23:25 AM
Author: Independent Gal
40K is an ENORMOUS budget unless you're in Manhattan or something. And especially if you're in Viet Nam (or are you elsewhere, but Vietnamese?). If you guys (or your parents) are wealthy enough to pull that off without going into debt, lucky you! We won't spend anywhere near that, and we'll be having two wedding parties!

The pics look enchanting... except for the creepy soldier clones.

As for a theme, our theme is going to be 'Indy Gal and IG's FI get married.' heehee. No theme for us!
No, been living in the US since i was 5yrs old and our parent are not even covering anything toward our wedding.... basically what i meant by a 40k or less budget is we covering EVERYTHING from wedding photo,video, dresses, tux,wines, beer, rings, announcement party, bachlor/ette, wedding, and, braidsmaid/bestmen outfit as well sooo it is very expensive for both of us and we def not rich at all ... our friends got married and they go beyond what my budget was and they got help from their parents so it was ok but with us we decided not to ask anyone for help and all of it coming out of our own pocket...
emsmilep.gif
seriously the soilder i like the background setting so don't means to scare people off ... but if u look at the pic carefully with the soilder it was the beginning process of decorating the place and work down to that lavish winter theme picture at the bottom........ but this is a russian royal wedding and there was tons of pics that i found i wanna upload but i cant somehow the pic with the soilder i can ...
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So Cute, are you a model? Those pictures of you look so professional and the make-up is so fancy! Like out of a magazine. Wow! Have you been having fun trying on a lot of dresses and Ao Dai, like the wedding gear in the pictures? Are the latter easy to get in the US? Or do you have it custom made?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow I missed that...the gorgeous model is YOU!! Wow. You are going to make a fairytale bride! Poetry has been recited through history expressing beauty such as yours.

Sorry about the soldier comment. I was just trying to add some humor. I hope everyone sees beyond that!!

My sil got married Dec 17 or so. Christian, but didn't want to make it a Christmas party with green and red. So she did the winter wonderland theme. The tree trunk or twig things were used. Uplights in shades of blue just as you have shown. Some where atop tables so you were under a canopy of magic. White lights were strung above the tree branches or beyond you would say. The lights imitate stars. Also they did use evergreen trees along the perimeter as to make you get the feeling you had just broken through the woods. And just happened to fall upon a clearing with tables and blue lights and soft white snowy tablecloths. They used this fabric sold at fabric store...it has fibers that resemble...oh...this is hard to describe...lets say eyelashes. (Yeah, I agree that in itself sounds creepy.) But it is little short fibers that catch the light and glimmer. You would swear it was snow! Centerpieces were large glass cylinders and filled with...oh I can't remember. Low candles were set all around the floor edge and table tops just as you show in your examples.

Oh there was a water feature and a bridge that you cross over into the clearing.

But, alas no soldiers to protect them!
2.gif

DKS

oh, hot apple cider, hot chocolate, and spiced fresh and hot roasted nuts!! Cute huh?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s what SoCute said...? That the pic in the avatar and the pic of the Ao Dai she said "this is me by the way.. "?

SoCute? Is that right?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Right Indie...that is why I said I missed that! Yes, they are indeed her. Isn''t she a beauty?

DKS

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Socute--to be completely honest, i don''t think you could pull off that kind of effect with a 40k inclusive budget unless you really, really cut back on a lot of other things and focused heavily on decor and/or have a small wedding. I guess it also depends largely on where you live. $40 k is a great budget and a lot can be done with it but decor is crazy expensive and typically takes up a small portion of ones overall spending--everything must be rented and set up--taken down the day of and that is not something you and your FI will be doing on your wedding day so you''ll have to hire someone.

To get a good idea of how much things will cost, google a wedding budget estimator (the knot has one) and enter the number of guests etc. It''ll give you a rough idea of how much things will cost and you can work from there.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 3:05:04 PM
Author: Jas12
Socute--to be completely honest, i don't think you could pull off that kind of effect with a 40k inclusive budget unless you really, really cut back on a lot of other things and focused heavily on decor and/or have a small wedding. I guess it also depends largely on where you live. $40 k is a great budget and a lot can be done with it but decor is crazy expensive and typically takes up a small portion of ones overall spending--everything must be rented and set up--taken down the day of and that is not something you and your FI will be doing on your wedding day so you'll have to hire someone.

To get a good idea of how much things will cost, google a wedding budget estimator (the knot has one) and enter the number of guests etc. It'll give you a rough idea of how much things will cost and you can work from there.
Ditto what Jas12 said about the budget and decor effect. Since you are Vietnamese, I assume that your wedding will be big. If it's going to be a small wedding, then you may be able to pull it off. Do not plan on decorating the banquet hall/restaurant to look like the pictures yourself. It's going to be too much.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We picked a venue that was already beautifully decorated, and they even provide flowers in the colour of our choice. So decor will cost us exactly zilch. But you might be hardpressed to find a place that already looks like winterwonderland! But who knows, maybe?

Can I just ask how many guests you had at the 45K wedding qtiekiki? I'm just shocked cause it's so much cheaper for us and we're hosting it at the most expensive venue in town (foodwise, but there's no rental fee beyond food). Must be geography + smaller guestlist... (us - about 80-90)? oh yeah, + bargain wedding dress + friend as photographer, etc. OK, yeah.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We had almost 250 people including us and the wedding party. We paid another almost 20K for a second reception of 200 people. So it's cheap considering the number of guests. Each reception is about the average number for Chinese wedding, I think. We paid for everything ourselves, so we were saving a lot.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree re the 40k being a lot or a little mostly depending on where you are. we have a few friends who had local 40-50k weddings and they were both less than 100 guests and honestly the venue and decor and all that was nothing SUPER special or memorable as a guest. was nice surely, but definitely not uber-decorated like any of those pictures. those pictures make me imagine lots of $$$$ floating out the door big time, and a large wedding (aka 150-250?) would be even more stressful to pull off! i have another friend who recently got married and i think they spent about $25k total and they had a great outdoor winery wedding which was amazing in it's simplicity, but they kept things very basic and that is where they saved $$. decor and flowers and all that can really add up. just something to keep in mind!

SoCute

Rough_Rock
hi guys thanks for the comment and everything.... to be competely honest about the wedding budget i thought that budget is below then alot of people i know cuz nowadays wedding it is not cheap... im just say under 40k budget but could be alot less but im not going over... we getting tons and tons of help from our friends on decorations all we need is just to buy the stuff we wanted and put it all together which i don't think it is that hard... i've checked ebay and around town the stuff i need for my winter wonderland theme its not that expensive less than 4k.. i live in the midwest so we do have snow here and every year after xmas there tonssssssssssss of stuff thats on sale like at least 70-80% plus additional 20% off on the red tag etc...... soooo i think i have a good chance to pull this off... .the only thing that i think it is expensive in this wedding is the cost performers and videography -- wine/beers -- tux/dresses -- rings-- location-- then foods kick in....... don't get me wrong 40k its alot of money but it is really nothing when it comes to wedding nowadays... have u guys watch that show on VH1 expensive wedding thing every week on thursday????????? omg 40k is just the cost of the cake or something for them... for us is like ummmmmmmmmmmmm our numbers of years worth of saving
emwink.gif

about my pictures... i lovesss to take pictures and studied pics--- thats probably my hobbies every since i was young..... i just decided to took pre weds pics just for fun
emteeth.gif
its also a good way to see how your hair and makeup turn out too... my tips on having a beautiful pics or even look good on your wedding day it is very very important to find a makeup artist thats can do the kind of makeup from 1930's-1950 hollywood glamour era year... u can't really go wrong with it... the one that going to do mine is only charging me 5hair style and makeup all day wedding for $25 but that money is really not going toward her but to the fresh flowers thats going to be used for my hair that day hihihihi buttt im giving her $100
emteeth.gif
plus other free gifts too... as much as i like a good discount but there's certain thing i don't like to take advantage of is people kindness..........

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Have your family and friends ever decorated a hall or anything like it before? Not to deter you b/c i think it is so great that you would have their help but just be sure they are 100% on-board with your vision and you are very organized b/c you''ll be too busy running around and getting ready on your wedding day to oversee your winter wonderland (wouldn''t want to show up at the venue and have it looking like a disco or something)....i remember thinking i would have time to get to my reception venue to look at the tables/flowers etc. i never did but i had BMs whom i knew i could trust to give me hourly status reports....

Also, as you buy all this stuff on sale over the next year label it all and keep receipts for things that you buy right before the wedding day--some things like a big vase etc. can be returned after the wedding (sneaky i know, but pretty harmless ways to save some $)

SoCute

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 12:40:45 PM
Author: Independent Gal
So Cute, are you a model? Those pictures of you look so professional and the make-up is so fancy! Like out of a magazine. Wow! Have you been having fun trying on a lot of dresses and Ao Dai, like the wedding gear in the pictures? Are the latter easy to get in the US? Or do you have it custom made?
aodai depend where u have it made..the one i was wearing plus hat was only $14 from the black market hiihhi in vietnam... i'll get a better one next time... overall an average ao dai is not that expensive... if u want to look good in them you must have it made to fit you perfectly in every inch of your body
emsmile.gif
there a traditional and modern aodai depend on your taste... also there i believe a website that you can have it order and have it shipped it over here... below are the music video that sing about aodai hihii enjoy
emsmile.gif
by the way the gal at the beginning of the music video who talk she a good friend of mine in real life.... =-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIQpF0P6k7E&mode=related&search=

another music video that has aodai in it ... i think better video quality ... the other one is a bit too blurry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqD8o2S_0k

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results