shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spicytuna

Rough_Rock
Hello. I have been reading posts for about a month now and decided to finally ask my question because I haven''t been able to find an answer.

I would like to upgrade my engagement diamond, but do not think that I can afford just to buy a new one. I haven''t been hearing anything favorable about selling a diamond. I don''t mind losing a bit from what it is worth, but to think about not being able to get at least half of what we paid, doesn''t sit well with me.

My husband bought the ring from a small local jeweler that does not have an upgrade policy. After reading posts here I am determined to find the perfect diamond! (I love GOG''s Vintage Cushions and Rounds!).

I know this may be far fetched, but does anyone know of an online vendor that might take a trade-in/trade-up towards the purchase of one of their diamonds?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:50:04 PM
Author:spicytuna

I know this may be far fetched, but does anyone know of an online vendor that might take a trade-in/trade-up towards the purchase of one of their diamonds?
I do not think that any do. But some might sell your diamond for you on consignment, depending on its cut quality etc. I would suggest calling around and see what response you get! GOG and Pearlman''s might be your best bets.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 12:52:49 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 3/22/2010 12:50:04 PM
Author:spicytuna

I do not think that any do. But some might sell your diamond for you on consignment, depending on its cut quality etc. I would suggest calling around and see what response you get! GOG and Pearlman''s might be your best bets.
Ditto Dreamer.

www.pearlmansjewelers.com

spicytuna

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies! That was fast!

From what I can see, Pearlman''s sells/consigns designer jewelry. I found a few previously owned rings for sale there that don''t have a designer name attached, but they all seems to be IDEAL AGS cuts or the like. The only thing I know about my diamond is that when I punch the numbers into the HCA everything is excellent except the spread is very good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 1:15:21 PM
Author: spicytuna
Thanks for the quick replies! That was fast!

From what I can see, Pearlman''s sells/consigns designer jewelry. I found a few previously owned rings for sale there that don''t have a designer name attached, but they all seems to be IDEAL AGS cuts or the like. The only thing I know about my diamond is that when I punch the numbers into the HCA everything is excellent except the spread is very good.
We aim to please!

That sounds like a usual type of HCA score which is perfectly acceptable, spread scores are always VG unless the stone has a depth of 60.3% or less. I would ask Bill at Pearlmans as he has sold non branded jewellery before.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results