shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading my studs with Blue Nile

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current pair of studs are Blue Nile signature (now called Astor). .84 ctw, E, vs2. LOVE them. The are amazing performers and the E color I think really looks great. But they are .42 each.

I had been open to a lot of things, including hanging on to them for future projects, selling them, trading in with a super ideal company, etc... but every now and again I would search Blue Nile database using a strict search parameter get nothing... until last week.

A 1.4ctw F color SI 1 pair popped up. They are verified eye clean (one has a twinning wisp, and the other has a feather and crystal).

IMG_4054.jpg

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09901411
IMG_4055.jpg
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09670841

Blue Nile setting choice is sparse, so they are going in 18k white gold (I have a metal allergy and platinum earrings bother me) 3 prong martinis-- setting is about $160 I believe, so I can always change them out later.

The only issue is, imagine my surprise to discover I can't find one of the GIA certificates. Grrrr. I had several pieces re appraised on December 30 in New Orleans and that house is small so all of my paperwork kept getting moved around, etc.. so If I can't find it this weekend, I will pay the $150 for them to order a new one.

With my trade in, my out of pocket expense is about $2600.00

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wahoo! Congrats on the new studs. I think you are going to be wowwed by the size difference - and F color to boot.

Wonderful - can't wait to you have them!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Tuckie! I'm a little worried they will be too large! I can't wait to get them, but I have to send mine off first.

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They won't be too big. Mine are 5.6mm average and yours look like 5.7mm - it's a fantastic size for everyday.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice upgrade whitewave! They are going to look great. Agree with tuckie, a perfect size for daily wear!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tuckie @junebug17 thank for the reassurance

They were $12.00 more than the minimum I had to spend to upgrade!! That is why I jumped-- seemed too perfect.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice. They won’t be too large at all. I have 1.2 CTW F’s from Blue Nile and they are the perfect size for everyday. The only thing I hate are the screw back settings. One day I’ll finally get them reset.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice. They won’t be too large at all. I have 1.2 CTW F’s from Blue Nile and they are the perfect size for everyday. The only thing I hate are the screw back settings. One day I’ll finally get them reset.

I agree-- I can't stand screw backs. These have guardian backs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No such thing as too big! Can’t wait to see them!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXciting!!! :appl:I'm sure they'll be beautiful!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a perfect upgrade! Mine are 1.5ctw and I love the size for everyday and for dress up! Great choice WW!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am excited for you!!!

What metal are you allergic to? Is it nickel? Is their 18k white gold nickel free?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great upgrade and they will look gorgeous on your ears!:love: So excited for you and cannot wait to see them on you.:appl:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited for you! They are gonna be awesome!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am excited for you!!!

What metal are you allergic to? Is it nickel? Is their 18k white gold nickel free?

Titanium of all things,which is supposed to be inert and non reactive. Nickle too. I had to have all of my amalgams removed, etc. My current Bn 18k white gold martini settings don't bother me.

Oh, and she told me to keep the guardian backs as a spare pair on the ones I'm sending in.

Q

Queenie60

Very nice upgrade! Enjoy them.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are spectacular whitewave! And what a jump in size! :love: I'm on the hunt for a small pair of studs for my 2nd piercings, would you recommend BN? I've never bought from them before but their prices seem really good.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see earshots!! Congratulations!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I've been lurking on this site for weeks, as I received some cash for Christmas and want to replace my $12 "diamond" huggies I've had forever with real ones, but am also contemplating studs and learning way to much in the meantime. Anyway, not to hijack, but I'm allergic to gold so my purchase must be in platinum. We'd make a good pair, together!

Please post a picture when they come in - the diamonds look beautiful! Congratulations.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're perfect and I just love they were only $12 more than the minimum you had to spend :lol-2:. Somehow that makes it even better, lol.

Can't wait for you to get them!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BN has received mine back today, so I'm now waiting for them to send the new ones.

@DanDiAnDi I have had good luck with BN, but they usually pair one good one with a dog, so you have to spend a lot of time searching and advance searching and waiting and running HCAs... it is truly so much easier (and with better upgrade policies) to call whiteflash or high performance diamonds... so much easier!

Oh, and yes!! The double plus $12.00 more cracks me up... meant to be I guess.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first of 3 mardi gras balls is a week from today, and it is a blue jeans ball... so I am really hoping I can wear my new studs there!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am officially sick of waiting...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They charged me a $180 diamond restocking fee? I don't remember reading about that charge,,,

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I called. The 180 is for the setting...that is how they have to do it with their computer system.

The stones are still overseas, so it will be at least another week before I get them. :wall:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go crazy waiting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results