shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraded EC RHR

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is probably deja vu for many regulars, but I once again upgraded my EC RHR. This is version 4.

Version 3 was .90 ct J VS2. It was EGL rated and definitely yellowish so once I had a bit of money saved I decided to see about getting a higher color EC diamond.

They only had 2 in the stock in my price range so I bought a G Si2 GIA diamond. I definitely went up in color and size; but down in clarity. The diamond is pretty included a few of which I can see naked eye but it performs really well.

Stats: 1.02 carat, 6.25 x 4.85 x 3.40. Polish Excellent, Symmetry Very Good and Faint Florescence. Table 67%, Depth 70.1%

_10854.jpg

_10855.jpg

sunny.jpg

_10856.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more photos.

_10857.jpg

_10858.jpg

_10859.jpg

_10864.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the inclusion diagram from the GIA certificate and a closeup of the ring. It is pretty included but it's a RHR so we'll see if it bothers me. You can see things a lot better in these pictures than I see with my naked eye.

_10860.jpg

stepcuts.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! And I think inclusions are much less important than color. I bet in daily wear those aren't very noticable, whereas color can be seen from arms length for some. Enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dreamer D. I honestly don't see any inclusions past about 12 inches. I certainly notice better color and cut though. :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Four upgrades - I like your style! It's a beauty. I think you made a good choice to prioritize size and color.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a beautiful emerald cut Marcy and a classic style ring. Congrats on the upgrade!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rosebloom. As DH said, no one is going to get close enough to see any inclusions in your diamond. It certainly is whiter and larger than the diamond I traded in.

Thank you Bling Addict. I've had 3 EC diamonds in this ring now; I really think it is well suited for an EC diamond.

himni

Shiny_Rock
love it

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring...gorgeous...
And the diamond looks amazing...I love it. Definitely a good choice to upgrade to a higher color with the emerald cut, regardless of the clarity. As Dreamer said, the white inclusions aren't really noticeable as you look down to to your hand, but the color of your J stone must have been quite visible to you and to others.
Very good decision and very beautiful ring :appl: :appl: :appl:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Marcy! I envy your rhr collection!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this!!! Your EC is so elegant. Congrats with your fabulous upgrade.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is a pretty darn nice upgrade!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Himni

Thank you natyLad. I wore the ring today and it never looked yellow to me once and I can’t say I noticed any of the inclusions without pulling the ring within 12 inches of my eyes. It is certainly a nicer diamond than the one I had.

Thanks Deegee. I am a sucker for rings and earrings.

Thank you Acinom. I have always thought EC were very classic shapes.

Thank you Luv2Sparkle. It is so cool we can upgrade our diamonds.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really pretty marcy, I'm glad you are enjoying the color...it is a beautiful stone, I really like the shape! You made a great decision :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug. :wavey: I checked it out in all sorts of lighting today and I can say it didn't disappoint me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results