shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade Setting Metal Type

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stitch

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

I found a setting that I really like. It is a Rina Limor setting. It is quoted as 1600 but they say that they will give it to me for 1000. This setting is 18K white gold. I told them that I want platinum. They say that they can contact Rina Limor for a custom one, and they say that it will at least 2k total. Does it cost around 1k to upgrade from 18k to platinum?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/8/2009 1:36:48 PM
Author:stitch
Hi All,

I found a setting that I really like. It is a Rina Limor setting. It is quoted as 1600 but they say that they will give it to me for 1000. This setting is 18K white gold. I told them that I want platinum. They say that they can contact Rina Limor for a custom one, and they say that it will at least 2k total. Does it cost around 1k to upgrade from 18k to platinum?
Perhaps they are giving you a better price on the ring which is in-stock because they don''t have to order one and therefore clear some existing inventory... Like an incentive to buy the in-stock piece. And/or the price might be based on the last price point ''suggested'' by the manufacturer and the price on the new ring is based on a new price since it is new stock... Gold and platinum prices have been steadily increasing, so stock already owned by the store is likely to reflect a better price.

stitch

Shiny_Rock
I am trying to gauge that style against the Nouveau from BlueNile. I got EPD for 1300. I would rather go for the platinum than the 18K.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results