shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgardes now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alley, being the lazy person I am could you jack your own thread to give me a wee update? I would be very appreciative...
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

hockeyguy

Rough_Rock
She made me promise that i wouldn''t go to the ladies in waiting section, because i know she wrote things about me
15.gif
nothing that i probably don''t deserve but i can understand wanting to keep that seperate. She will probably murder me when she gets home, because she didn''t talk about the 2.74 as an option. It was just a price check for future reference. Although when i heard about the stone, i wanted to buy it right away but she said no.

For setting i called Leon for the r081 ashly judd''s ring? she wanted that setting with claws to get a price quote. Her other choice is another setting but i don''t know where it came from. I''m not sure about the second one because i don''t know if i can buy the setting or what qaulity diamonds are in it. But the main problem is what diamond i am buying, if any yet. She is not firm on the options yet, although i have hope that she will come around to the 2.74, because i don''t really want to buy a 2 and she is not thrilled with it. If she is absolutely against it I would rather stay with the ring she has now because i''m not sure a 2 is worth the trouble.

She told me about some of you ladies here, Anchor goes to the same school and Mara is the upgrade queen.

I attached a picture of the second option.

12EE13.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
r081-18W.jpg

the r081 with a 5 carat stone. Gorgeous! Love the wide prongs.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 6:19:35 PM
Author: hockeyguy
She made me promise that i wouldn''t go to the ladies in waiting section, because i know she wrote things about me
15.gif
nothing that i probably don''t deserve but i can understand wanting to keep that seperate. She will probably murder me when she gets home, because she didn''t talk about the 2.74 as an option. It was just a price check for future reference. Although when i heard about the stone, i wanted to buy it right away but she said no.

For setting i called Leon for the r081 ashly judd''s ring? she wanted that setting with claws to get a price quote. Her other choice is another setting but i don''t know where it came from. I''m not sure about the second one because i don''t know if i can buy the setting or what qaulity diamonds are in it. But the main problem is what diamond i am buying, if any yet. She is not firm on the options yet, although i have hope that she will come around to the 2.74, because i don''t really want to buy a 2 and she is not thrilled with it. If she is absolutely against it I would rather stay with the ring she has now because i''m not sure a 2 is worth the trouble.

She told me about some of you ladies here, Anchor goes to the same school and Mara is the upgrade queen.

I attached a picture of the second option.
The two of you know best, of course, but I''ll be waiting anxiously for the final decision...
28.gif
That leon setting is gorgeous! Split claws prongs would look amazing with that.
18.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, I was rushing out and was hoping to get the Reader''s Digest version before I went a searching...

lili

Ideal_Rock
allycat0303 and hockeyguy,

if you both can swing it and not incur any debt, get the 2.7.
what were you going to do with the extra cash? put it into the house? which will probably shave off a few months
off your mortgage payment? if you guys have like a 15 or 30 year mortgage, it''s probably wiser to put the $ into the
house. but 4 years. don''t think it will make too much of a difference.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Baby, I've only been out of touch for a day and you are already making trouble???? I like way you took Smokey for the horns, it's cute. I can see you are very determined.....stop lurking around!

Mara: Oh my gosh, I love your 2.36 carats. It's LynnB, Demelza and Mara, all of you gals have 2.3 ish and they look fabulous... it's totally ridiculous how much I've been stalking your pages. My guy is a spender, I'm a saver (which in this instance is a bit annoying). I didn't know you were experiencing a little diamond shrinkage....actually Lynn said the same thing. Because I remember you mentioning that it always looked *big* I think it's a sickness. Although I have to admit, you all are starting to get to me....Honestly, I wish I has just gotten the 2 carats in the beginning, that might have saved me a lot of this whole debate. I don't know, I'm trying to see if there's a happy medium in size/spending here.

Miranda: I know that if I see it in front of me the whole "restrain yourself, will power thing" will be so out of the window. He suggested that we buy it and take a look at it because I probably "won't like it". Knowing full well that I have NEVER returned anything in my life. You gals make it hard to be reasonable.

Anchor: Ok seriously. Now you know as well as I do that we get the "is that fake" comment all the time. Can you seriously imagine with a 2.5 carat ish stone? NO ONE would even ask me anymore because they would just KNOW it was fake. If we lived in the US, land of outrageously sexy bling it would be a different story. But honestly, I'm really starting to want a naked diamond (no halo to speak of) which reminds me I must post pics of my sister's ring.

Monarch64: Actually 4 is an unlucky number in asian culture, so that won't happen. And I doubt we'll ever be able to afford 5
2.gif
. And if I were to go through with this....I'd have to get banned from PS or something to make sure I stop looking at big bling.

Beacon, lili another vote against the 2 ct idea, I swear I'm starting to think it's a very silly idea.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
ally - Ultimately, it''s your decision, of course.

That said, here is my honest opinion: So what if people think it''s fake? I mean, even my .50ct gets that... Would you downgrade your ring just to not get comments? I find that there''s always someone somewhere that''ll find something unkind to say no matter what. I understand what you''re saying, and I can totally relate to the spender/saver thing, but I have to tell you that I''d give a lot to have my J offer to give me a 1ct someday! If you have to chance to be given what you want, why not enjoy it?

You deserve your dream ring... If your man can afford it and wants to give it to you, don''t feel guilty about it! You DESERVE it! You ARE worth it! Heck, my J worked his @SS off for 6 months to give me my ring, and do I feel guilty? Not one bit. Just by looking at my ring and seeing the way he looks at it and how proud he is of it, I know it''s worth it. Yes, the money definitely could have been put elsewhere, but this is for life, so it is worth it.

I hope the two of you can find something that you will both be happy with.
9.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i love how you guys have matching avators! too cute!
5.gif

i vote for the 2.74! hehe
11.gif
if you guys can afford and hockeyguy wants to get it for you! enjoy it girl!!! don''t argue!
20.gif
and who cares if people look at you like the diamond is fake. they don''t know jack. i truly believe in enjoying yourself day by day. yes, you do have to plan for the future, but you also have to relish in the moment of now!
9.gif

okay, now i''m off to read the other thread, because i have been thinking about you often, wondering what happened. i even told sam about your story the last time you posted the update and he was a little sad about it too. anyhoo, i''m so glad to hear all is well again.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ally,
I''ve caught up a little on your other thread - so happy things are working out for you and hockeyguy! love your avatars by the way! Just wondering, did you guys decide new ring for a fresh start? Or had you already been thinking about an upgrade?
I don''t really know, i love your current ring but the new one looks fabulous beyond words. I''m definitely a saver too - it is hard to think about spending so much, for me, given other financial goals that we have right now. But you guys know your situation and if it seems comfortable, I say go for it! I think it is rare for the guy to be pulling for the upgrade, and yours is, so why not!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ally-

I say, if you can do it financially, and it is going to make you happy, then go ahead, girl!!!!
2.gif
Life is too short. Your current e-ring is gorgeous, but if you feel that ultimately you are going to want to upgrade it and you can now, then I would do it in a heartbeat....but I am crazy like that too- I have had my e-ring a year, and I already was thinking of upgrading in July!!!
11.gif
So, maybe you''re asking the wrong person....
2.gif
9.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I would upgrade now to the 2ct instead of waiting 4 years for the 2.7ish ring.. because you never know what''s gonna happen tomorrow..

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I would say get the big one now, instead of waiting for an upgrade. Who cares what people think/say! People are going to talk no matter what and then if you upgrade they will just talk some more then!

I worry that when I get serious about upgrading and go through w/ it, my in-laws will say, well the first ring wasn''t good enough for her...

nope it wasn''t, wasn''t what I really wanted. It''s nice for now, but I had no input on it and would like it tweaked. I know I should be patient and happy with what I have, but I am not, and I think I definitely need to start an "upgrade savings account."

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Anchor: your 1 ct will come some day
1.gif
and then you will want more....

Milly: Thanks to you and Sam for your thoughts. Hope things are going well with you are your beautiful gal (I still consider you newly weds. )

gailrmv: Another saver
35.gif
I know that I need to loosen up a little on the financial goals. I tend to get very focused and lose sight of other things.

Dani: It''s a sickness I swear. I feel bad because if I upgrade even before I''m married.. a little embarassing. Although I clearly remember you having similar thoughts with your gorgeous emerald.

Grapegravity: I do agree that 4 years is long to wait.

dtnyc: I just did a search for your ring because I couldn''t remember what you had. It''s beautiful and original too.

In any case, exams suspended the process for me for a few days (most went very well, but there was one that was awful. It''s a pass or fail class though...and safe to say I am really anxious to know if I got by. Ugh. Hard year). My baby made an appointement with my sister''s jeweler to see a 2 (it''s a J, Vs2) carat diamond on thursday, we aren''t going to buy for this jeweler, but he happened to have one in stock and was really sweet enough to offer to let us view it. So I''m going to check to see what I think of the size, especially because it''s set as a solitaire. My baby is positive that this is going to cure me of any ideas of a 2ct stone, and put the focus on the 2.74 (still out of the question for me at this point....but we''ll see) But I''m hoping that I won''t be able to see the color, because if I like the J, we could look for a J or I color in maybe the size range that makes us both happy. I''m really excited for this. I''m hoping the 2ct is going to make me *scream with joy* and then we would start looking for a stone with the specs I want from Whiteflash.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee i gotta think that with your halo, a 2c is NOT going to make you scream with joy...you will end up with a 2.7 and honestly...who cares if people think it''s fake. you think a 2c on your tiny fingers and body is going to be any less FAKE than a 2.7? nope. they are both STILL BIG to everyone else.

i know my stone is big...but after a while it just ends up looking normal because you see it every day so it becomes ''the norm'' for you over time. but sometimes i catch glimpses of it here or there or in a mirror and i think holy $*# that''s big!!! greg is always like UH YEAH it''s big!! he thinks i am crazy. sometimes i am reminded that most of the people out there have a stone for their ring the size of my pendant, and here i am going umm my 2.3c looks a little small today. crazy definitely. but honestly i don''t know if i will ever want to fork over the $$$ for a 3c+ so this may be my forever stone. it''s a good thing i like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results