shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated Princess studs settings

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I bought my first ever bling= princess studs. They were in a basket setting only to be stolen in home burglary 12mo later. So, these are my second ever bling purchase. They, too, were in a basket setting. However, something didn't sit right with me, and it took a long time of searching to find something. Eventually (maybe 2 years ago), that i found the setting= V claw or Chevron settings. Other projects got in the way and now, finally, I have got them changed to these chevron settings.

I love it.. the chevron/ v claws accentuate the corners of the princesses and potentially gives the illusion that the stones are bigger than what they are! YAY..

after.jpg Princess before in baskets.jpg
E Si1
0.50ct and 0.51ct
Platinum head
18k WG post
Friction backs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ear shots? very nice. so sorry about your first loss... love princess cut earrings especially, I have a pair but never ever wear them due to old age ear droop, which is not as bad as old age ass drop, or the other drop but you get my drift ;-) my SIL has a 2 carat K color princess engagement ring and boy it's gorgeous!

the setting is very cool.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
These are the before and after pics of the setting.

AFTER- V Claw/ Chevron setting BEFORE- Basket setting with button-like prongs
after.jpg Princess before in baskets.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Luv 'em! Perfect size!

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great size on you & I love the new setting over the old settings. Winner!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very masculine setting! They great on you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ear shots? very nice. so sorry about your first loss... love princess cut earrings especially, I have a pair but never ever wear them due to old age ear droop, which is not as bad as old age ass drop, or the other drop but you get my drift ;-) my SIL has a 2 carat K color princess engagement ring and boy it's gorgeous!

Get those plastic disks! My round studs are too heavy for my lobes unless I put on the disk before the back. It works like a charm! You get them on Amazon..

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the love! Appreciate it. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the love! Appreciate it. :kiss2:
Not many people show photos of the princess cut but I know there are people out there! I’m excited when I see anyone with princess cuts. I have two pairs of round diamond studs and one pair of round moissy bezel studs..Now I want the princess cut but I don’t want to pay a fortune..I have other diamond sparklies I would like to get...so I’m going to check out the princess cut Lightbox lab diamond studs. They will come in 1ctw which I’m happy about...I would be crazy with them turning if they were bigger and don’t feel the need to straighten them so much in the 1ctw size..I tried them out in a cz’s and I really liked the size..I think yours are perfect!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@gregchang35 the new settings look great! :appl: A definite improvement, and the earrings are the perfect size. Love them :love:

So nice to hear from you! Miss your posts and I hope things are going well for you and your family.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new settings look great. Nice looking earrings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like the setting change! They offer protection and just look better, too! I also really like the square stones on you!

Q

Queenie60

:wavey:Nice to hear from you @gregchang35. Very nice earrings and they look great on you. I'm sorry to hear about your home robbery - I've experienced this in the past and continue to feel the violation years later. Enjoy your new bling.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can you borrow her ring and post a pic?:lol-2: :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Not many people show photos of the princess cut but I know there are people out there! I’m excited when I see anyone with princess cuts. I have two pairs of round diamond studs and one pair of round moissy bezel studs..Now I want the princess cut but I don’t want to pay a fortune..I have other diamond sparklies I would like to get...so I’m going to check out the princess cut Lightbox lab diamond studs. They will come in 1ctw which I’m happy about...I would be crazy with them turning if they were bigger and don’t feel the need to straighten them so much in the 1ctw size..I tried them out in a cz’s and I really liked the size..I think yours are perfect!

You know- these 0.5ct each princess studs do move abit. i used to be concernd with them, but i am not fussed these days. If they spin and are no longer square but diamond shape, i only spin them back if i pass along a mirror. If i dont see it, i am ok with it. :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@gregchang35 the new settings look great! :appl: A definite improvement, and the earrings are the perfect size. Love them :love:

So nice to hear from you! Miss your posts and I hope things are going well for you and your family.

THank you! XXXX

My family are doing great! We are now a familly of 6= 4 kids! That is crazy busy for us! hence the lmited posts on here. :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
The new settings look great. Nice looking earrings.

THnx!!!!

I definitely like the setting change! They offer protection and just look better, too! I also really like the square stones on you!

THANX!!!!! i also have OECs that i love!!! they are my sweet spot of I colour and about 0.5ct each! LOVE them.. i never thought i would be a round stone lover till i saw OECs!!! OMG!!

:wavey:Nice to hear from you @gregchang35. Very nice earrings and they look great on you. I'm sorry to hear about your home robbery - I've experienced this in the past and continue to feel the violation years later. Enjoy your new bling.

Aw thank you...i have been broken in 2x. the first time as a bachelor and had little possessions. The second time they took all of my bling, the most notable are my prncess cuts, which happen to be IF H colour!!!!!! I am fortunate that i wasn't home in any of those 2 episodes. I also look at it now that i am still alive to fight another day.
I hope that time will help you with your dealing with the robbery. It may be of little comfort from me, but: big hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know- these 0.5ct each princess studs do move abit. i used to be concernd with them, but i am not fussed these days. If they spin and are no longer square but diamond shape, i only spin them back if i pass along a mirror. If i dont see it, i am ok with it. :)
I’m okay with it spinning if they’re the .5 each too..I tried larger sizes by wearing cz’s and it made me crazy..I’ll be happy with your size...:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
THank you! XXXX

My family are doing great! We are now a familly of 6= 4 kids! That is crazy busy for us! hence the lmited posts on here. :)
You have to get a Partridge family bus! Do you even know who they are? Showing my age! Hahaha!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
THnx!!!!

THANX!!!!! i also have OECs that i love!!! they are my sweet spot of I colour and about 0.5ct each! LOVE them.. i never thought i would be a round stone lover till i saw OECs!!! OMG!!

Aw thank you...i have been broken in 2x. the first time as a bachelor and had little possessions. The second time they took all of my bling, the most notable are my prncess cuts, which happen to be IF H colour!!!!!! I am fortunate that i wasn't home in any of those 2 episodes. I also look at it now that i am still alive to fight another day.
I hope that time will help you with your dealing with the robbery. It may be of little comfort from me, but: big hugs.
I’ve never been robbed but my son was held at gunloint in DC where he lived at the time. I had taught him to throw whatever they wanted and put his head down so not to let them see that you can identify them, The guy ran and we found out the next evening someone else wasn’t as lucky. They can have my bling..I would be nervous if someone broke into my house...Scary..

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Oh my goodness.. held at gunpoint is a totally different circumstance, and no one should have to go through that. i hope that he has found the courage to continue on. big hugs.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
You have to get a Partridge family bus! Do you even know who they are? Showing my age! Hahaha!

Yes, i do know who they are! Danny the red head and the lead singer/ character i forget.... those were the only 2 that i remember from the show.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Oh my goodness.. held at gunpoint is a totally different circumstance, and no one should have to go through that. i hope that he has found the courage to continue on. big hugs.
My son was unbelievable...He said that the man was probably desperate and needed money. When we heard the next evening someone was shot and died we were so upset thinking it could have been the same person. This was in Georgetown and not too late at night too...just a few blocks from all the restaurants..His office is in DC and I still worry..

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Cassidy (Keith) Laurie (Susan Dey), and the two little kids no one remembers. Love the cut on your princess diamonds and the setting.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
David Cassidy (Keith) Laurie (Susan Dey), and the two little kids no one remembers. Love the cut on your princess diamonds and the setting.
Yes! Good memory!
I would love to know what the cut of your studs are but I’m thinking they have to be ideal. I love all the facets.:love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Good memory!
I would love to know what the cut of your studs are but I’m thinking they have to be ideal. I love all the facets.:love:
Hi there,

Sorry, but i have no idea on the cut itself.
the GIA report says it VG polish and symmetry.
And, these were bought in AUS and BEFORE i was on PS.

And, i am only guessing that there are 3 chevrons in the pavillion v 4 chevrons. i do not have any magnification to assess it and now they are set, it would be even harder?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

Sorry, but i have no idea on the cut itself.
the GIA report says it VG polish and symmetry.
And, these were bought in AUS and BEFORE i was on PS.

And, i am only guessing that there are 3 chevrons in the pavillion v 4 chevrons. i do not have any magnification to assess it and now they are set, it would be even harder?
I think you could loupe it to see but it doesn’t matter for you unless you want to know. They’re gorgeous no matter how many there are. I don’t think they ever say anything about cut on princess diamonds on GIA reports.....at least not from what I’ve seen looking at them. The only way I’ll see anything about cut is if I’m using the tools on James Allen or other places on websites that have those search features. I’m sure yours are a great cut because of the sparkle of its facets..They’re so pretty..but in a masculine way with your new chevron settings! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results