shape
carat
color
clarity

Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
It''s been SOOOOO long since I''ve last posted and for that I appologize. I can''t believe I''m at #11 on the list already, almost in the top 10! There has been some update information, but nothing really that makes me any closer to a proposal. The exciting news is that I''ve been accepted into a Masters program and I am going back to school. SO and I have been in a LDR since mid-August 2009 when he went to Grad. school six hours away out of state. The plan was for me to move with him and find a job there. I had a couple job interviews, but I''ve had no luck and didn''t want to quit my job here to move their without one. So I decided that maybe if i apply for Grad. school where he goes that would be better than nothing. I was actually thinking about going back anyways, so it just made sense to go back now. I got accepted and will be quitting my job and moving in mid-July! We also have been talking a lot about moving out West (we are both East coast people) after we both graduate in summer 2011. I am addiment about not moving across the country without an engagement, and I asked SO where he thought we would be when we move and he said that we''ll be engaged. So if he actually sticks to his timeline this time, we should be engaged by the end of summer of 2011 (or at least by the end of the year.) Anyways, I just didn''t want to all to think I disappeared. I lurk more than I post, but I just wanted to let you all know.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
My FF and I were in a LDR for the first 3 years of our relationship as I was starting undergrad and he was doing law school. We''ve been together for almost 6 years now. I think if a couple can survive a LDR, they can go through anything together. LDR make you cherish the relationship more. (That''s what I think)

Good luck and congrats on your future engagement and grad school.
36.gif

My b/f & I were also LDR for 2 1/2 years & boy was it tough! I, too, believe that if you can make it through this, you can make it through anything together. That''s great news about your pending engagement...hopefully it will happen sooner than you think!

SAPHIRINA

Rough_Rock
My FI and I have been LD for the entire duration of our relationship (our 1 yr anniversary is in one week!), and it has been very difficult. But, I do agree with verypatientlywaiting, if you can make it through LD, you can make it through practically anything. The distance, and the hurdles associated with it, just reaffirmed to us that we cherish our relationship and want to be a family together more than anything else.

Good luck with graduate school and future engagement!

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I should probably mention that SO and I have done the whole LDR thing a couple times since we started dating over three years ago. The first time was only for three months when he went to live with his Mom in TX one summer and I went to visit him once. The second time was when he was finishing up with his undergrad. three hours from where I worked and I visited him every other weekend, and this is the third time where we are now six hours away and I visit him about once a month. We have also lived together for a short while (about five months) in between his graduating with his bachelors and going to grad. school. I completely agree that some distance in a relationship allows you to overcome a lot that if you can handle that, then you will be able to handle a lot of other things that occur in a relationship. I think it takes a great maturity to handle a LDR properly. I''m excited to end the distance though, hopefully for the last time.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results