shape
carat
color
clarity

Update - Posting a Couple Pictures of the Final Ring

setesami

Rough_Rock
Last week some of you were helping me make some diamond choices and here is the final ring.

Brian Gavin I Vs2 HnA .85 carat center stone.

The stone looks great but I'm thinking I maybe should have gone slightly bigger? Nevertheless I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for all your help.

_8266.jpg

_8269.jpg

_8270.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your current stone looks gorgeous! Will a bigger stone fit in the setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I can see the size difference of 0.4 mm in real life. I will leave the comment about the round diamond to others as this isn't my forte. April brings up a good point of making sure the setting can take the slightly larger size.

setesami

Rough_Rock
Thanks April!

Yeah I asked the jeweler and they said a larger stone would fit. Here's a picture of it on my finger and seeing the skin through the gap was my concern. Maybe if I had it set lower into the halo? Or a larger stone? Or just keep it as is.

_8275.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really need to ask the jeweler what mm size can fit in the setting, not just if a bigger stone will fit.

I think it already was set once before, (maybe with a "1ct" cz?) and now it has been set with a .85.

setesami

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure that it was ever set before. I bought it from Ben Bridge at the mall and there wasnt a stone in the setting. I'm assuming it was never set before, but I will follow up to verify.

Edit and the jewler I took it to, to have it set, did say a 1 carat would fit into the setting.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well if I was receiving that lovely ring, I'd much prefer a 1 carat if the cut quality was comparable to a smaller stone. Hopefully the experts will chime in on the cut quality of the other stone. The BGD one is perfection, cut wise.

GoSounders

Shiny_Rock
setesami|1374771841|3490025 said:
I'm looking at potentially returning the brian gavin stone and purchasing this one:

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-3719061-1.03-carat-Round-diamond-I-color-SI1-Clarity.aspx?sku=3719061&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

the brian gavin stone measures: 6.11 x 6.13 x 3.75
the stone in the link measures: 6.51x6.54x3.96

Will there be a distinguishable difference in size to the eye?

Not sure if this is important to you, but the diamond has broken hearts in the pavilion. The arrows and top view in general look great, and that's really what's important. However, this would not pass for most branded H&A requirements because of the pavilion view.

If the hearts aren't important, I say go for the larger stone. It will fill in the setting better with the larger halo.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I remember your previous thread, and I was sort of afraid that since you had already seen and liked the look of a 1ct stone in the setting, that going smaller was going to be disappointing. :(( The 1ct stone you are considering looks good assuming that it is eye clean. Can you confirm with B2C? I would again confirm with the jeweler that the dimensions of the new stone will work with the setting. It's a very pretty ring! :love:

setesami

Rough_Rock
The hearts and arrows arent something I have to have. I just figured if the diamond has hearts and arrows itll sparkle more since its cut so well. But if the sparkle factor is almost exactly the same between the AGS000 HnA and the GIAxxx I posted then I'd prefer the larger stone.

Itd probably be a hassle to take it out of the mount send it back, wait for the refund, then buy the other stone. Plus the other stone looks like it has a black mark right below the center of the diamond.

I'm just not a big fan of the gap, but maybe I'm over thinking things. Itd be ideal if I could just buy both look at them side by side and send the one back I like the least, but unfortunately thats not going to happen haha.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help everyone.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
setesami|1374767493|3489978 said:
Last week some of you were helping me make some diamond choices and here is the final ring.

Brian Gavin I Vs2 HnA .85 carat center stone.

The stone looks great but I'm thinking I maybe should have gone slightly bigger? Nevertheless I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for all your help.
How about one of these?... :love:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.002-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104064813009#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/1/

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.068-i-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104064813034

setesami

Rough_Rock
The links look great but I was trying to keep within a $4500 budget. I s/w Jamie at BGD and I might be able to send my whole setting to them and have them find me a slightly larger diamond thats not cut with hearts and arrows and have them do the whole thing for me. They seem pretty reputable and trustworthy so hopefully its something theyll do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results