shape
carat
color
clarity

Update - a somewhat happy ending

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Well some of you may remember when I last posted...a few weeks ago when I lost my wedding rings (here).

The bad news is that I never found them. Some scumbag has them or sold them. People I knew at work were thoughtful enough to look at pawn stores for me and I''ve been searching ebay and Craigslist with no sign of it.

The good news is that I got a new ring! Shortly afterwards, I found a ring in the preowned section of Pearlman''s Jewelry website, which is where my husband purchased my original ring. It was incredibly close to my old ring. The same setting (Ritani Endless Love), same size, and even very similar diamond. And since it was preowned, it was of course a very good deal. So my husband and I talked it over and decided that this ring being available was serendipity and we decided to get it. It''s a 1.22 carat, G, I1, GIA certified. It''s slightly smaller than my original 1.57, H, S12, but it''s hardly noticeable to anyone but me - my husband said it looked the same to him. And the inclusion is all but hidden under a prong.

I''m just so grateful to be so lucky that I got two beautiful engagement rings from the same wonderful man. I''m still chafed at the thought of someone else with my original rings, but I''m sure that my life is better than theirs if they are such a miserable person to do such a thing.

Anyway, here''s a photo...sorry it is so crummy looking but I''m away from home again and don''t have a camera. I''m wearing my great-aunt''s ring (the one that was found after I lost it) as my wedding band.

Photobbb 148.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you are no longer naked... sorry your ring never turned up... I still hold out hope though!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to read that you found a replacement that you love. I''m so sorry that no one ever turned in your wedding set. I''m still so surprised that your employer wouldn''t send out an email about your rings to the staff. Enjoy your new ring!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry the original is still incognito, but how incredibly lucky to find a replacement that is almost the same! I''m glad your finger isn''t naked anymore - and now let''s find a better way for you to keep them secure during surgery!
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad that you found such a lovely replacement. Pearlmans is a wonderful resource!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your ring (I lost mine too). I love your new set!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
beautiful!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad for you.

And may that scumbag who kept your rings lose a finger in an industrial accident.
29.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your new set is beautiful, so sorry about the first set
7.gif
I always check craigslist or ebay for my BIL''s ring when they were burglarized a few months back, but notta, or I gave up too easily
8.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
sorry you never got your rings back basil...

but I love your new set!
36.gif

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
Pretty ring! Did you ever check the local newspaper for the possibility of a found ad on your original ring? My husband found a men''s wedding band while out of town and we placed an ad (which was free) to try to find the owner. We received a couple of calls but unfortunately, were not successful.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you never found your original rings, but how lovely to find one so similar and get a great deal on it to boot! Congrats.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww basil it had to be fate that the rings were available when you were looking and so similar too. i see arrows! sorry to hear you never found your oldrings (but you never know!!)...but i''m glad you found something so close and affordable too!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you found a beautiful new ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy you found a new beautiful ring! (please tell me its insured
9.gif
)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it Basil! Your new set looks beautiful
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry for your loss, but happy for your new set! Take care!

cheers--Sharon

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
basil, I''m so sorry you never found your rings, but I''m very happy you were able to find a replacement that makes you smile. Please insure these now, just in case.

A friend of mine who is a personal trainer, takes off her wedding band (she never got an engagement ring) and slips her ring onto a chain around her neck when she''s working. She doesn''t want to leave it home. She wants it with her all the time. May I suggest that you buy a nice but inexpensive 30" chain to slip your rings onto when you have to scrub in for surgery. 30" long will allow you to tuck your rings into one of your bra cups and you''ll be able to feel that it''s there without touching anything. Look on Ebay for stainless steel curb chains. I bought my husband one last summer.

Lovely new wedding set. You''ll have to take more pics and start a SMTR thread.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear your ring never turned up. I''m glad you were lucky enough to find one close though.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Love the new set! Try not to think about the d-bag who may have stolen your old rings... Karma is a b&*ch!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you found a new ring to have

I hope Karma comes to whoever has your rings
38.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! It''s like destiny played a hand in this happy ending for you!
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you never got your original set back, but I''m glad you found a new set that is sooo close to your own! May I suggest either insurance or wearing it around your neck on a chain as someone suggested prior? Enjoy your new set!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Basil, I know it sucked big time for you while you were going through the pain of losing your rings, but I am so happy for you right now!!

The ring looks beautiful and I bet it just loves hugging your finger.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love that setting. Glad you found something so close to the original.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful news!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil, I am so glad you got a new set- I am still holding out hope that some honest person will try to find you and you will get the originals back
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results