shape
carat
color
clarity

upcoming sales at zales?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
i will be buying an engagement ring at zales pretty soon but thought i should first find out if they''d be having any sales anytime soon. im going to get in touch with the, but i thought i''d ask around here first

1. does anyone know of any sales at zales in the near future?
2. do jewelery stores typically do sales this time of year (post xmas)?

thanks

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget Zales.
Get diamond educated.
Compare.

You will find out for yourself that you get better diamonds at better prices from Pricescope vendors.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Using the word "Zales" is sacriledge around here.
6.gif

Agree with Kenny wholeheartedly. Check into the PS vendors.
2.gif

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Hey, my mom got her stone at zales! She still claims her stone is of the best quality.

The point is... her stone looks fine... you can get fine at zales, but you''re not going to get a knock out and you could get ripped off.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
you can get a pricescope quality diamond at zales. ask to see the "18k zales signature cut". make sure you do your homework before you go. and you can look at the measurements with knowledge.

do NOT get confused with the "zales diamond" which is crap.

don''t be in a hurry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 10:13:11 PM
Author: ladykemma
you can get a pricescope quality diamond at zales. ask to see the ''18k zales signature cut''. make sure you do your homework before you go. and you can look at the measurements with knowledge.

do NOT get confused with the ''zales diamond'' which is crap.

don''t be in a hurry.
I was waiting for you to show up.
9.gif
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please read the tutorials here on cut, go in as an informed consumer. CUT is key to buying a beautiful diamond. Good luck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is SO much easier to get a high quality diamond at a fair price by shopping online. But be sure you are educated before you shop at all. Besides this site, here is an excellent diamond tutorial with pictures:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
i promise you i''ve done my homework.

i''ve been on pricescope for 7 months now. i found out about the four c''s. i found out about cut quality. i know about crowns and pavilions and heights and angles and all that crap that goes into making a good cut. i''ve talked to jewelers who do the isee2 thing, i''ve talked to whiteflash who does the idealscope thing, i''ve looked into all of it.

but i''m a poor student. and i know what my girlfriend wants. she doesn''t give a darn about whether its a huge stone or an ideal cut or a vs2 or a vvs1 or any of that. she wants a princess cut in a setting she likes and for me to not spend a lot of money on it so that it will be special for her. 30 years from now, what will matter is our marriage and the significance of the ring, not whether the pavilion angle was two tenths too much or too little or how the diamond looks under 100 times magnification.

zales has the setting she likes for not too much ($1500). if you would like to show me where i can get a princess ideal around .4 carats and a setting like the one in the link for less than zales, i''d be glad to check it out:

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2250006&cp=2109180.2137034.&pg=1&numResultsPerPage=51&cp=2109180.2137034&f=PAD%2FRing+Style%2FSolitaire+with+Side+Accent&kpc=1&parentPage=search&searchId=19170592881

i was just wondering if anyone on here knew if zales is having any upcoming sales.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know the sales schedule at zales, but here''s one diamond for $510 with the pricescope discount. The setting is $625.

Total: $1135

diamond:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=764982

setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=893

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
The clarity on the Zales stone is in the I range . . . which I believe means you can see the inclusions by eye . . .
The following combination will cost about $1700 . . . a little more than the Zales but it is an option to consider.
Disclaimer: I know nothing about princess cuts and also I don''t know if the setting is a close enough match for you, but take a look

Diamond: http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-193782.htm

Setting: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm#

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a similar setting for just under $600 at knoxjewelers.biz
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=201&rn=493&action=show_detailhttp://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=201&rn=710&action=show_detail

They custom made me a gorgoues ring and I''m very happy with the quality from them and their service. If you want to buy from Zales, I won''t judge you...but since you say you are on a budget, I really think you can save money and get better quality from buying a diamond from the vendors around here.

I''m not sure what your budget is for the center stone, but here''s a nice stone from whiteflash that is slightly bigger than you wanted.
http://whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-11971.htm#

Here''s an xfactor for about 1k:
http://whiteflash.com/xfactor/X-Factor-cut-diamond-33.htm#

If you really want to save money, you can get a nice .4 princess from jamesallen.com and the $600 setting and you''d only be at about 1k.
Here are some diamonds from JA.
http://www.jamesallen.com/search_results.asp?cid=131&sbmt=1&shape=PRI&carat_from=0.4&carat_to=0.5&color=%27D%27&color=%27E%27&color=%27F%27&color=%27G%27&color=%27H%27&color=%27I%27&clarity=%27VS1%27&clarity=%27VS2%27&clarity=%27SI1%27&clarity=%27SI2%27&price=&cut_grade=0&fromtabledepth=&totabledepth=&fromtablesize=&totablesize=&x=0&y=0

Hope this helps!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call your local Zales store and ask.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Zales usually have a sale during the upcoming holidays (i.e. V-Day) not sure if the e-rings go on sale.

Since you pointed out your GF does't care what the diamond looks like heres what I have found:

Setting

$995 18K White gold..Sort of similar I think.

Princess cut

$330 Bank wire

Total $1325

Hope that helps

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just went to the link for that Zales stone.

It says it has a report from IGI, which is a less desirable lab than GIA.
Yet Zales's listing says it has color of "GIA F" and clarity of "GIA I1".

Says who?
GIA? (They never saw the stone.)
IGI? (They are not GIA)
Zales? (So, just take their word for it?)

Isn't it unethical, if not illegal, to state it has GIA grades unless it was graded by GIA?
Isn't this false advertising?
(BTW they don't bother to show the IGI report so we can't see what IGI thought the color and clarity was.)

hot4teacher

Rough_Rock

I can offer the same advice some have already given:

Educate yourself.

Spend an evening reading up on this website and even if you only take away a little knowledge, you''ll see why Zales is likely not your best option.

I made the Zales mistake before. You know what a $3500 marquise diamond from Zales is worth to anyone else? $500 tops.

If you''re like me, you want the best for your buck and the best for yoru GF.

Dana

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I went to bluenile and built and almost identical ring (the band was slightly thicker) for $1300.

I agree that pavillion angles might not matter to her (heck, I don''t even know what that is!). She doesn''t need it to be a vvs E. But doesn''t it matter that you get the most for your money? Doesn''t it matter that she enjoys that beautiful ring and it''s sparkles instead of realizing how lifeless and included it is? If you can afford a very good cut, an H, and a SI1 (that''s the stone I used in my experiment) with GIA papers for less money, why not? Why chose less for more?

But if you''re sure you want to go to zales, contact them for sales, or look into their outlet stores.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I have shopped at Zales too, and I go online a lot and look around at their website. I get emails all the time about sales. Sometimes I order @zales.com because it''s cheaper. Most of the time if you tell them at the store that it''s advertised online for a cheaper price, they will honor it. I understand if she''s found the ring she wants. That''s the way I am, if I want it, I want it....like NOW...lol. Let me know what you''re looking at and I''ll help you check.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I suggest checking out the other options posted above. I''m a little short on time, but a short search at www.jamesallen.com yeilded some promising results:

Princess 0.45 H SI2 Premium GIA 73.2% 73% VG/VG 1.01 $ 630

Princess 0.46 G SI1 Ideal GIA 70.9% 70% EX/GD 1.04 $ 820

Princess 0.53 H SI1 Ideal GIA 72.5% 71% EX/VG 1.00 $ 960 GIA

Princess 0.50 G SI1 Ideal GIA 74% 71% VG/VG 1.00 $ 1,020 GIA

Using the search button for a princess Ideal or Premium cut stone, .46ct to .55ct, G thru H in color (better than the Zales) and SI1 and SI2 (better than the zales) You could purchase the diamond from them and get a more inexpensive setting from a local jeweler. If you got the setting first I do believe James Allen will set it for you. I have purchased a couple settings from Jared and have been VERY pleased with them. They were low carat wieght, just a hint of stones, and priced very well.

Both of the above options would leave you enough money for a setting with a small amount of diamonds in it, and both stones are far and wide better than what you would get at Zales. I promise you, my first stone was from a mall store. And yes, under the lighting and wanting to get engaged and only having a budget of ''as cheap as we can get'' made me think it was the best we could do and good enough. Once the excitement of oh hey i''m engaged wore off, I realized being the sentimental person that I am, I had just chosen the one ring that would mean the most to me in my entire life with much less care than I should of. This ring isn''t just for the woman you''re with now, it''s for the woman she will become in the future. If this means as much to her as mine does to me, she more than likely will not want a new one. Get her something good, I have bought stuff from mall stores before that looks great freshly clean under bright lights. Got it home and wore it for a couple weeks and it looked horrible, not to mention you may be paying a small price but it''s still for low quality. With having so little money to spend wouldn''t you want to get the best you can for your hard earned cash?? I didn''t see another cheaper setting online like that one, but I can guarantee you $1,500 is too much for that ring. Why not even get the 2nd one I posted or even better and a clean, classic solitaire setting for $100 to $300?? That way you will have a diamond that''s worthy of your hard work, and will look gorgeous through all your years ahead.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My ring is from Peoples, which I believe is owned by Zales in canada.. It''s a canadian diamond with 100 facets, eye clean 1.2 carat, Si2, H, 18kt white gold and plat head... And I have purchase with them many times.... I think you have to see the diamond ring in person before you buy anything from zales..

BTW, Peoples had their 30% off sale on when I upgraded my ring (before Xmas)...
The reason why my bf choose Peoples because they have this policy where if I chip my diamond or even the band in my lifetime, they will replace EVERYTHING to the original condition, including the diamond.. And they have honor this policy for me so far on my previous diamond ring since I "nicked" the girdle of of that diamond around 3 years ago...

Good Luck!

tdiggity

Rough_Rock
I think you can do much better working online...couple things trouble me:
1. IGI Cert. not known for quality certs like GIA or AGS
2. Doesn''t talk about the cut of the diamond or any of the dimensions which ultimately control how well the diamond sparkles
3. I1 clarity means you can see the inclusions with the naked eye...I can''t advise you enough to at least move into the SI range. They don''t even sell diamonds of this quality on most online sites.

Go to a site like Blue Nile where they have a huge selection just to see the kind of deal you could get. Personally I didn''t buy from BN, I bought from good old gold but that will at least show you the quality you could be getting for the price. If you found a setting for around $800 like the ones below, that leaves you with another $700 for a .4 caret diamond. You can easily get a diamond with a very good cut, E/F color (if thats what you want...you step into G/H easily though and get MORE diamond and it would look basically the same), and then move up to the SI range...even the VS range easily and stay within your budget

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5338&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=2&row=6&pos=17&set_shape=

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=4779&page=1&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5228&page=1&col=3&row=5&pos=15&set_shape=

I hope that helps!! Remember online they will give you 5% off at most places if you pay by wire transfer so that will save you even more money!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I think we have scared sammyjoey away
7.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Well I hope not considering in his post it seemed he was up for looking at alternate ideas. If all he really wanted when to know when a sale is going on, he could use a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results