shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming Auctions!

S

SallyB

I didn’t find a recent thread about upcoming (and ongoing) jewelry auctions so I thought I would start one! :wavey:
Hopefully this is OK.

Here’s an auction that starts tomorrow, May 14. I haven’t purchased from Hindman’s. If anyone else has, please share your experience/tips, or even point out auction items others may like.

And please add to this list if you so desire as you come across interesting auctions!

May 14 - Hindman’s Fine and Important Jewelry Auction:

Last edited by a moderator:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might have more response if you started a similar thread in the "Show Me The Bling" forum.

S

SallyB

Hmm...good point @prs. Although I‘m realizing most PSers don’t seem to buy from the larger auction houses like Sotheby’s, Christie’s, or even Hindman’s, etc. At least I don’t see many posts about purchases from these houses.

I haven’t purchased from them either, although I have sold a few higher end furniture items. Maybe they’re considered overpriced places to buy jewelry? The buyer’s premiums tend to be high. Anyway, maybe I’ll just let it go...

Last edited by a moderator:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I buy from Heritage, and Bonhams, but for Bonhams it's only their LA sales. I find the high end auction houses, including Bonhams NY and HK, usually have brand name pieces with the full premiums those brands demand. Too rich for my blood, but I do find there can be pretty good buys at both Heritage and Bonhams in LA.

I looked at the Hindman sale and it looked like they might be OK. Right now the auction houses are just testing the market with on-line only sales, so perhaps sellers are not yet ready to risk their better pieces.

S

SallyB

It will be interesting to see if the volume of jewelry going up for auction increases dramatically over the next several months. Or for that matter, the volume of antique/vintage pieces going up for sale on eBay, Etsy, Ruby Lane, etc.

Reactions: prs
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results