shape
carat
color
clarity

Unplated white gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
One of the critiques white gold often gets is the need to replate the rhodium periodically. I know that the recent ring I commissioned from James Meyer is done in unplated wg (my request) and it looks quite white on its own.

What situations would you consider unplated white gold vs. plated or vs. platinum. Why isn''t this used more?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am guessing the unplated WG is Au/Pd alloy.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 6:16:05 PM
Author:Upgradable
One of the critiques white gold often gets is the need to replate the rhodium periodically. I know that the recent ring I commissioned from James Meyer is done in unplated wg (my request) and it looks quite white on its own.

What situations would you consider unplated white gold vs. plated or vs. platinum. Why isn''t this used more?
I would consider it instead of platinum if there''s no nickel in it.

From the pics I''ve seen, (never in person) i like the way it looks. Kinda remind me of platinum.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d never even heard of unplated white gold until I came here. I never knew white gold was plated to begin with. Maybe most regular people don''t know about it, is my guess. Now that I''ve seen it (not in person, just pics here) on yours and Coati''s ring, I loooove it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results