shape
carat
color
clarity

Unknown Necklace/Bracelet Set

lilgreenfish

Rough_Rock
Hello! New here, a friend recommended this forum for potential answers.

I have a bracelet and necklace (almost choker length, slightly longer) set. Three strands each. The clasp is a green rose of some sort made of stone. The box I got it with says Cherish, but I haven’t been able to find anything on Google like this. There are no marks on the metal.

I have no idea if these are natural or man-made pearls. I have no idea what the green beads are. I mostly want to know if it’s worth much, as I’d like to sell it if it is!

Both pieces and the bag and box I have with it.
BDB792F1-1DDC-4EF8-B197-9148B4FDE9F4.jpeg

Bracelet
6F63B780-C905-446D-8532-2754A19F5B00.jpeg

Rose stone clasp front
34895D4F-B271-4D94-8334-CC49B7CC942D.jpeg

Back of clasp
65608826-3D38-4F0A-88CA-633A2F93CE94.jpeg

Closeup of pearls
5AE6986B-F1A0-4B5D-AFF5-D2BC84C38D3F.jpeg

D025AAF4-54FD-42F7-BB5E-8CD55A392CED.jpeg
69C95C8B-5ED2-4C53-BB18-D9680999CA43.jpeg

Attachments

• 2EF7CD39-CABE-437C-9373-9BC072786813.jpeg
    2EF7CD39-CABE-437C-9373-9BC072786813.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 8

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearls are not round so I’m guessing they are freshwaters. They do have smooth surfaces and some lustre but I’m not sure they’d be worth much. No idea about the beads, sorry. Pretty set!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like freshwater pearls with either jade or green onyx beads. I’d guess inexpensive costume jewellery given setting.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others. Those irregularly shaped freshwater pearls are probably real but inexpensive. You can find them in the beading section of craft stores, for ex.

I'd expect the rest of the piece to be at the same level because it would be unusual to combine such inexpensive pearls with expensive other components and I don't see any markings on the metal that would indicate it's more expensive either. So I wouldn't expect its resale value to be very high but it's still a cute set.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is! I’m a bit sad it’s not my style. But I’m sure, real or not, it will find a good home!

....have you tried it on ?
i think it's so pretty
Was it left to you by a relative ?

If they were mine i would combine both pieces to make a longer necklase
its nornal to have to restring pearls annually or biannually if they get a lot of wear and you could reconfigure them into something you might like to wear

Pearls are funny things in that what might not be your style today you may become quite partial to in time
I

Beaders Secret

Rough_Rock
Trade
They look like Chinese cultured fresh water potato pearls.
the green at a guess is Aventurine quartz or Nephrite.

Age, I would say around the eighties or early nineties .

The green and pearls look lovely together, very eye catching.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Designs like that were around 15-20 years ago from China. Early freshwater potato pearls, some green mineral beads and carved clasp set onto either nickel or plated silver clasp.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yup potato freshwater pearls and not sure what the green stone is but doesn’t look like jadeite or nephrite?

B34BD3B3-EFBA-48AD-9FAB-0728F3BCB48C.jpeg
One of the imitation stones if it doesn’t look like plastic irl.

Would consider it costume jewelry and not worth a lot, at least not enough to be worth selling.

lilgreenfish

Rough_Rock
The pearls are not round so I’m guessing they are freshwaters. They do have smooth surfaces and some lustre but I’m not sure they’d be worth much. No idea about the beads, sorry. Pretty set!

Thank you! I am now going to go look into the differences between pearls, because I had no idea there was a difference! I thought both could be non-round.

lilgreenfish

Rough_Rock
....have you tried it on ?
i think it's so pretty
Was it left to you by a relative ?

If they were mine i would combine both pieces to make a longer necklase
its nornal to have to restring pearls annually or biannually if they get a lot of wear and you could reconfigure them into something you might like to wear

Pearls are funny things in that what might not be your style today you may become quite partial to in time
I

It have tried it on. The necklace also lays a bit oddly on me. Not from a relative...a coworker gave it to my mom who gave it to me.

I never thought about restringing. Is it hard? In a different configuration, I would totally wear it. My pearl necklace I wear has space between the pearls...I don’t like solid lines of pearls.

lilgreenfish

Rough_Rock
Yup potato freshwater pearls and not sure what the green stone is but doesn’t look like jadeite or nephrite?

B34BD3B3-EFBA-48AD-9FAB-0728F3BCB48C.jpeg
One of the imitation stones if it doesn’t look like plastic irl.

Would consider it costume jewelry and not worth a lot, at least not enough to be worth selling.

The stones don’t seem to be plastic.

I just moved and had to use movers and a cleaning person for it (long-haul COVID, I can’t move or clean now...expensive disease!). I am going through my stuff and selling things I don’t want or need to help cover it a little. Even a little bit helps!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It have tried it on. The necklace also lays a bit oddly on me. Not from a relative...a coworker gave it to my mom who gave it to me.

I never thought about restringing. Is it hard? In a different configuration, I would totally wear it. My pearl necklace I wear has space between the pearls...I don’t like solid lines of pearls.

Oh yes !
Definatly rework it to your liking
i havn't done knotting myself
Its not very exspensive to have done -
But a few of the ladies here string their own and are very talented
Have a look at @MakingTheGrade
she makes the most wonderful creations

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones don’t seem to be plastic.

I just moved and had to use movers and a cleaning person for it (long-haul COVID, I can’t move or clean now...expensive disease!). I am going through my stuff and selling things I don’t want or need to help cover it a little. Even a little bit helps!

Im so sorry to hear you have long covid
moving is awful when when one is well but moving when you are sick is a nightmare

I think remaking your necklase would be a nice little stress free project for you

And how nice it will be to have a new pearl necklase at the end of it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results